SiouxSports.com Forum

captains suspended

theisdog

Kristo's extra game and O'Donnell"s are for an unrelated violation of team rules. I have speculated that they skipped class or a mandatory study session.

All anyone has on Kristo is speculation- why the hate?

Never said I hated him. It's a privilege to be a Fighting Sioux not a right. I have met and talked to Danny on more than one occassion and he is a nice guy. It just seems to me he seems to get involved in a bunch of this stuff when things go down. I'm just tired of hearing his name come up for all the wrong reasons.I'm still behind the guy but his next screw up(which I hope doesn't happen) he will be shown the door. Drop the damn puck already.
  • Upvote 2

In the old days, if the team party got out of hand and the coach heard about it, you knew what would happen: Herbies till you puke, maybe an extra day of no puck drills.

As ridiculous as I find the grandstanding (guaranteed from Faison, not Hak) - This could very well turn out to be an awesome exercise for team building. If the party was awesome (had to be for this kinda fallout), if the penalties are stiff and shared, and if the ensuing punishment on the ice by the coaches is miserable, these boys will have gone a very long way toward having the shared commitment and experience to have the kind of team that can make a nice run.

Hahahaha.

Don't get too close to the edge, my man. :)

No kidding, Rocco is a little different and maybe seems out of place to some but that doesn't mean he isn't very good friends with his teammates. He wouldn't just be bailing on the team, he would be bailing on some of his close friends, I just can't see it happening.

Like him or hate him, I'm thankful that Kristo is around for another season. Could have bolted to the AHL, but part of the reason that he stayed around was he absolutely loved playing for UND and was having a great time at UND. (A college kid enjoying college....huh).

I could get upset and ticked at the kid for all the off the ice stuff, but that would make me a hypocrite because I did the same stuff in college. But I was way better than Danny at not getting caught. :p

He broke team rules, he's paying for it. Just think, if Gleason was the assistant captain instead of Kristo, we probably wouldn't even be bringing Danny up.....we'd be talking about how Kristo should have been in over Gleason.

• Upvote 3

People can speculate as much as they wish, so long as I never have to hear of a BU-type report coming out of UND.

yzerman19 would probably scream "nanny state" if that happened in Grand Forks and Faison had the unmitigated nerve to crack down on the behavior. :silly: Not comparing our problems to that, but the whole "boys will be boys" attitude towards hazing and excessive alcohol consumption is very, very dangerous. Good for Faison and Hakstol. They both have more sense than half of Bison Nation does. :p

• Upvote 3

Multiple Choice Test

Everyone who is so uptight about partying sounds like they:

A. Didn't get invited to many parties

B. Watched their date go home with more fun people after the party

C. Married really unattractive women/men

D. Live with their parents

E. All of the above

In all seriousness, everyone's entitled to their opinions- I just don't think this is a big deal. I am fine with Hak punishing guys for breaking team rules- his job.

Multiple Choice Test

E. All of the above

In all seriousness, everyone's entitled to their opinions- I just don't think this is a big deal. I am fine with Hak punishing guys for breaking team rules- his job.

How do you not see this as a big deal? This isn't just about partying, if it was it wouldn't have gotten as much attention as it did. This is about some student-athelets drinking way to much alcohol, which led to alcohol posioning. To me it is a big deal, so you can try and spin it with your stupid ABCDE questionaire but to some people this is a big deal.

• Upvote 2

Multiple Choice Test

E. All of the above

Okay, fair enough. I guess you just don't seem to understand the long-term consequences of binge drinking on people's lives. If it leads to long-term alcohol addiction problems, it can ruin a young person's life before it has a chance to get started. And for those that don't want a "nanny state" telling everyone what to do, binge drinking doesn't just affect the individual boozing it up. It can also cause major disruptions on the team. College hockey is a grind. It starts in October and doesn't end until March or April. If everybody isn't on the same page and committed to winning and winning the right way, you won't have the same level of success that we are all used to around here. Excessive alcohol consumption doesn't do anyone a bit of good and Faison and Hakstol should be commended for trying to curb it before it gets out of hand.

• Upvote 2

Okay, fair enough. I guess you just don't seem to understand the long-term consequences of binge drinking on people's lives. If it leads to long-term alcohol addiction problems, it can ruin a young person's life before it has a chance to get started. And for those that don't want a "nanny state" telling everyone what to do, binge drinking doesn't just affect the individual boozing it up. It can also cause major disruptions on the team. College hockey is a grind. It starts in October and doesn't end until March or April. If everybody isn't on the same page and committed to winning and winning the right way, you won't have the same level of success that we are all used to around here. Excessive alcohol consumption doesn't do anyone a bit of good and Faison and Hakstol should be commended for trying to curb it before it gets out of hand.

Last night on 20/20 they showed where now the goal in drinking is to black out, like it is a badge of courage. They showed that people are doing vodka shots into their eye, or vodka soaked tampons to achieve this faster. I think the scary part is that they all think they are immortal. Not saying the players do this, but it doesn't hurt to get the point across the consequences of too much alcohol. If Kristo's frostbite incident had anything to do with alcohol as purported by some, then I would find it disturbing if he was involved in hazing freshmen into drinking too much. I guess he and those close to the program know the exact circumstances in both cases. Hopefully this is the end of the discipline needed for this years team off ice.

• Upvote 3

How do you not see this as a big deal? This isn't just about partying, if it was it wouldn't have gotten as much attention as it did. This is about some student-athelets drinking way to much alcohol, which led to alcohol posioning. To me it is a big deal, so you can try and spin it with your stupid ABCDE questionaire but to some people this is a big deal.

I keep reading references to this and/or a trip to Altru but does anyone have a link to this info? Maybe I missed it?

That's because there is no link. Whether or not is true, all the 'experts' out here will have to wait for the truth to come out. Meanwhile, feel free to speculate. :sad:

Which will never happen. In a way we deserve to know but at the same time we don't. Considering though once you sign on to be a hockey player you do become a public figure so to speak. Once you are a public figure you lose an expectation of privacy. They are getting benefits of playing hockey so you should have to pay publicly for your transgressions.

You lost all your credibility during the Sioux nickname soap opera where you advocated throwing the entire campus under the bus to keep the name and logo. Why should your judgement on this be much better? Naw, didn't think so. ???

I do know that you and I don't agree. I feel very good about my views in both matters and I'm sure you do to.

Fully aware and understand- I just don't care- if you can't drink, don't. If you can- have fun. I don't care about the individually tragic outcome- Sorry, I just don't. I have no empathy for people who don't take care of themselves.

Major disruptions on the team?? There is no evidence of this being the case.

Lots of hockey from October to April- yes, and it is September right now.

Excessive alcohol consumption? Again, no evidence- at least not public.