SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3 UND at the big SDSU

geaux_sioux

Anyone know where the pregame get-together will be in San Diego on Saturday?

The San Diego State pregame will be in the End Zone Club inside the stadium.

When: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. PT (Gates open to the public at 3 p.m., Game begins at 5 p.m.)

Light hors d’oeuvres will be served and a cash bar will be available.

IMO Mussman struggles with FBS teams cuz he doesnt motivate his team enough

Bohl is a great motivator. Those kids down south think they should be in the SEC and can play with anyone.

I can't believe I'm responding to this but "how would you know how Mussman motivates his team? Are you in the locker room? meetings? every practice? I can't say that I know. I certainly can't say that I know how Bohl motivates as compared to Mussman, how would you know that? Or is this conjecture?

• Upvote 1

IMO Mussman struggles with FBS teams cuz he doesnt motivate his team enough

Bohl is a great motivator. Those kids down south think they should be in the SEC and can play with anyone.

I think the criticism that is valid is how conservative we are vs FBS teams. Maybe this year with a capable QB it will be a different story. Remember Northern Illinois finished top 25 and won a bowl and we had the ball at the end with a chance to win because Jake Landry could throw. Last year Joey(shoulda played D2) Bradley couldn't throw and the game plan was SUPER conservative. This year I bet they ride Hendricksons confidence and go for SDSU's throat. The difference between Bohl and Mussman in recent years is that Bohl had some talent to win with Mussman has finally gotten through the talentless wasteland that was left to him by Lennon. I say judge Mussman against FBS teams with this game and not the previous ones where he had teams with huge holes.

I think the criticism that is valid is how conservative we are vs FBS teams. Maybe this year with a capable QB it will be a different story. Remember Northern Illinois finished top 25 and won a bowl and we had the ball at the end with a chance to win because Jake Landry could throw. Last year Joey(shoulda played D2) Bradley couldn't throw and the game plan was SUPER conservative. This year I bet they ride Hendricksons confidence and go for SDSU's throat. The difference between Bohl and Mussman in recent years is that Bohl had some talent to win with Mussman has finally gotten through the talentless wasteland that was left to him by Lennon. I say judge Mussman against FBS teams with this game and not the previous ones where he had teams with huge holes.

You worded things a little different than I would have but I agree with you. Let's be honest, in years past we haven't had the complete talent to beat FBS teams. That is not meant as a knock on the players at that time but the results of games during that time speaks for itself. Hopefully this year is different. The offense I saw last week was exciting and has some serious skill guys. An offense that can truely carry our defense. The defense absolutely has to play better, no doubt. The big thing will be mistakes. We cannot afford to muff punts, throw ints., miss tackles, jump offisides, etc. We are not good enough to do that and I'm excited to see if the guys can rise to the challenge.

I guess I didn't look closely and pay attention, but with (right-handed) Hendrickson in at QB was the offensive line, or at least the tackles, "flipped" based on blind-side protection? I know that last year's LT was playing RT in game one to protect (left-handed) Hanson's blind side.

If the line was shuffled for week two based on blind side, yeah, I can see why UND may have had issues running the ball. If that was the case they should be able to work on that this week.

Also, has Hanson's status changed? Would he be able to come in for a play or two if needed (rather than the other options)? The last report I heard was that he was on the sidelines at practice but without crutches.

Sagarin rankings has SDSU ranked at 80 and UND ranked at 146. Per his ratings, they should be favored about 15 plus 3 more for home field, 18 total. I believe these are to be taken with a grain of salt as things don't start connecting and becoming more accurate for a few more weeks.

Hello ND fans. We look forward to hosting your excellent team here in San Diego. Looks like you have a formidable passing attack and some impressive talent on offense. Here is a taste of what you will see on Saturday. Caution: Speed kills and these dudes arrive with bad intentions.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/-IllqjJmNq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What to expect from Aztecs defense:

The Aztecs play a 3-3-5 defense. They cover wide receivers man on man with some pretty good DBs. Your top WR will go against the MWC defensive preseason player of the year, Leon McFadden.

The Aztecs defense is built on speed, not size. When passing expect the 3 lineman and at least 1 and up to 3 additional players coming from all angles. Rocky Long, our head coach, calls it a high risk, high reward defense.

Washington got zero points from their offense after their first two drives and Army only scored one TD (well after the game was decided). It is a very good defense.

Hello ND fans. We look forward to hosting your excellent team here in San Diego. Looks like you have a formidable passing attack and some impressive talent on offense. Here is a taste of what you will see on Saturday. Caution: Speed kills and these dudes arrive with bad intentions.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/-IllqjJmNq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have you ever had to deal with the name "Aztecs" being considered hostile and abusive to native americans?

What to expect from Aztecs offense:

The Aztecs play a pro-set with two backs (one mostly a blocking back), a tight end, and two wide receivers. Their main attack is a power running game. Against Washington they rushed for 222 yards on 36 attempts (6.2 Y/A). Against Army 239 on 40 attempts (6.0 Y/A). The Aztecs will run inside until the defense compresses sufficiently and then break one outside. The offense will, hopefully, demand single coverage on their WR because of run help and then hope to take advantage of play action passes either deep with tight coverage or quick hitters relying on YAC against loose coverage. The Aztecs have the MWC first team Tight End. He is a good target over the middle but can also go on deeper routes over the middle or outside.

There are no Aztecs to protest the name as of about 1521.

Yes I realize that but they were still a "people" and if the NCAA's stance is that native american icons are not to be used as logos then it should not matter if they no longer exist. (Don't worry SDSU fans this isn't going anywhere just idle chat room stuff.)

What to expect from Aztecs offense:

The Aztecs play a pro-set with two backs (one mostly a blocking back), a tight end, and two wide receivers. Their main attack is a power running game. Against Washington they rushed for 222 yards on 36 attempts (6.2 Y/A). Against Army 239 on 40 attempts (6.0 Y/A). The Aztecs will run inside until the defense compresses sufficiently and then break one outside. The offense will, hopefully, demand single coverage on their WR because of run help and then hope to take advantage of play action passes either deep with tight coverage or quick hitters relying on YAC against loose coverage. The Aztecs have the MWC first team Tight End. He is a good target over the middle but can also go on deeper routes over the middle or outside.

Don't you guys have a very good pass catching TE?

Their Coach Rocky Long is really giving us props

Called Greg Hardin the fastest player they will see this year

Said our O line is also the biggest they have ever seen this year

Hes more nervous about this game then his first game of the year lastyear or somtin like that

He MAY be speaking the truth and not even know it. I am sure, in his mind, it's coach-speak aimed at his own squad, in case they're getting an itch to take Saturday off and look past us to their next game -- though he'd never ever ever admit that's his motive.

Monty-Montezuma-Aztec-Warrior.jpgmonty.jpg

This IS NOT, nor has EVER been our mascot. This (whatever) table cloth wearing joke was an amalgam of several PC groups and was an epic fail from the beginning. Montezuma is the mascot (see other picture above) BTW a little trivia: The Aztecs were the pioneers of the all black (or all dark color) uniform back in the 60's. Everyone has one now.