SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

If this was mentioned, apologies.

But, Judge Herman slapped down the prosecutor pretty good during todays hearing. He implied strongly that the SA's rhetoric about the severity of the crime didn't match the lenient sentence.

As Peters (Assistant Cass County State’s Attorney Tracy Peters) began to talk about the effects on North Dakota voters and those behind the measures, Herman interrupted.

“If you want to be a zealot for this cause, you don’t come into this courtroom with deferred impositions in hand,” he said.

As Peters (Assistant Cass County State’s Attorney Tracy Peters) began to talk about the effects on North Dakota voters and those behind the measures, Herman interrupted.

“If you want to be a zealot for this cause, you don’t come into this courtroom with deferred impositions in hand,” he said.

Kinda makes you wonder if "the fix was in"?

It's pretty standard for the lawyers to show up at court with a plea deal already arranged.

So was the judge getting after the lawyer for grandstanding the issue with a plea deal in hand? Basically like "yeah I can tell how important this issue is to you with that plea deal in your hand".

Are Gene Taylor and Lakesbison the same person?

Originally Posted by LakesBison viewpost-right.png

The NDSU players were crucified in public far worse than most rapists/murderer's I'm serious , the anti NDSU people in this area crucified these kids.

It's over, let's play

Hey where was that posted at?

Looks like NDSU is going to get some national media on this one. Some say national media attention whether it is good or bad can be helpful. I think this story is going to give them the type of attention they would just as soon not have. A lot more people are going to remember NDSU for the wrong reasons now.

Looks like NDSU is going to get some national media on this one. Some say national media attention whether it is good or bad can be helpful. I think this story is going to give them the type of attention they would just as soon not have. A lot more people are going to remember NDSU for the wrong reasons now.

Front page of msn.com along with it being a trending story on foxsports.com. Fox Sports was even kind enough to put up a perp walk picture.

I may be one of the few, but this whole thing doesn't bother me too much. They were punished by the law - just like any other citizen would be. I completely understand the call for suspensions, but each school can make their choice as they see fit. I would have personally at least suspended those with more than one "strike", and I think Ojuri would be off the team as trouble seems to keep following him. Personally, let's just let this whole thing die and worry about our own house.

EDIT - I do feel bad for the petition measure supporters who may have had their time and dollars wasted by this. But if these weren't Bison football players a lot of you wouldn't care at all.

I may be one of the few, but this whole thing doesn't bother me too much. They were punished by the law - just like any other citizen would be. I completely understand the call for suspensions, but each school can make their choice as they see fit. I would have personally at least suspended those with more than one "strike", and I think Ojuri would be off the team as trouble seems to keep following him. Personally, let's just let this whole thing die and worry about our own house.

EDIT - I do feel bad for the petition measure supporters who may have had their time and dollars wasted by this. But if these weren't Bison football players a lot of you wouldn't care at all.

If they get suspended it will die down not only on here but through social media and throughout the web, but if they don't the !@#$ storm will rage on until after NDSU's trip to Frisco. Every win with those players will be noted somewhere in an aricle, a radioshow, or on sites like Facebook.

So was the judge getting after the lawyer for grandstanding the issue with a plea deal in hand? Basically like "yeah I can tell how important this issue is to you with that plea deal in your hand".

It sounds that way. "Your Honor, these people committed heinous acts against the people of North Dakota ... but we have a great deal that will get them on the field for Saturday ..."

If they get suspended it will die down not only on here but through social media and throughout the web, but if they don't the !@#$ storm will rage on until after NDSU's trip to Frisco. Every win with those players will be noted somewhere in an aricle, a radioshow, or on sites like Facebook.

No it won't. Until the "breaking" news of today, nobody was talking about it after the Bison win at UNI.

No it won't. Until the "breaking" news of today, nobody was talking about it after the Bison win at UNI.

You keep telling yourself that. It wasn't being talked about because everyone knew the court hearing was today. But if something isn't done, it will continue to be brought up throughout the rest of the year. The drones at Bville won't talk about it, because they have already tried to prevent all mention of the incident. But a lot of other people will continue to discuss it until at least the end of the year, and possibly until the next NDSU football player incident.

You keep telling yourself that. It wasn't being talked about because everyone knew the court hearing was today. But if something isn't done, it will continue to be brought up throughout the rest of the year. The drones at Bville won't talk about it, because they have already tried to prevent all mention of the incident. But a lot of other people will continue to discuss it until at least the end of the year, and possibly until the next NDSU football player incident.

I will keep telling myself that because it's the truth. The only place it will be talked about is on this forum.

How many press conferences has there been? Guess it is a big deal for the leadership with little boy pants on.

And since the legislature is going to take this issue and year and make petition fraud a felony, guess NDSU's role in the issue won't be mentioned either.

If no suspensions are issued, how much more is the press going to rightly ream NDSU for the next crime? Why should any player care about suspension except for (a) public exposure, (b) rolling cartloads of unpaid merchandise out of Best Buy, © dealing dope.