SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Chewy only cares about nickname issues. Rarely ever see Chewy post here about anything else. One trick pony. :)

Given the histrionics in SL's appellate brief, he's probably been busy lately. ;)

Meanwhile, the Fraud gives its usual "pass" to the 'su football program.

http://www.inforum.c.../group/Opinion/

It’s also important to stress that the student/athletes accused of voter fraud were cooperative with authorities from the outset of the investigation. The same is true of NDSU athletic officials and administrators, according to those close to the investigation.

Really, so that probably justifies nobody sitting this weekend.

That’s the good news. The bad news is that the alleged fraud occurred at all. While the Bison football players likely are culpable for their parts in the fraud, the company that hired them should not be off the legal hook. Did no one in the company advise the petition carriers that faking signatures and addresses is illegal?

If the players are really that stupid, they should play without helmets and it may knock some common sense into them.

More twists and turns:

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/373553/

Seems the basis on which the company paid is coming into question.

However, just because someone offers what may turn out to be illegal incentive payments doesn't mean you get a pass on filing a false affidavit.

Taking the notion to the (admittedly) monstrous extreme to make the point:

• Someone may put a million dollar "hit" out there on whomever (a quota system; but both actions are still illegal, meaning the pay offer and the "hit").
  • If you perform the "hit", claiming you did it for the incentive (the money) doesn't clear you of the murder.

Just because your boss may have offered to pay "per signature" (illegal in ND) doesn't allow you to fake names on a petition or sign a false affidavit when you turn the petition in. (However, it may "mitigate" what the court system does to you.)

Meanwhile, the Fraud gives its usual "pass" to the 'su football program.

http://www.inforum.c.../group/Opinion/

That’s the good news. The bad news is that the alleged fraud occurred at all. While the Bison football players likely are culpable for their parts in the fraud, the company that hired them should not be off the legal hook. Did no one in the company advise the petition carriers that faking signatures and addresses is illegal

I wonder if Best Buy took the time to explain that stealing TV's was illegal or if one is just supposed to know better?

• Upvote 2

Fargo Forum: "Did no one in the company advise the petition carriers that faking signatures and addresses is illegal?"

I wonder if Best Buy took the time to explain that stealing TV's was illegal or if one is just supposed to know better?

Does West Acres have signs up notifying people to keep their junk in their pants??

Sounds to me like a potential new remedial class at NDSU.

• Upvote 1

9 of the people officially charged are current members of the NDSU football team and 3 are former members of the team. 12 out of 15 people charged are affiliated with the program.

Does the high percentage of those charged raise a little flag in the NCAA's office that maybe they need to do a little more due diligence? It very likely is just how it played out, but when 80% of those charged are related to NDSU's football program it does raise some eyebrows.

So if they have just been charged yesterday when I said they had not been charged means that was right? Oxbow care now to take foot out of your mouth?

Well, while your beating you chest about supposedly being right, 9 of your current players and 12 players with ties to the Bison team have charges against them 13 if you include Jemison. Nice work.

So they were charged twice?

No. But it sounds like it was a procedural issue. The AG drew up the charges and announced them on Tuesday. But because of the level of charge, the charges were better placed in Cass County court by the Cass County States Attorney. That took a couple of days for the Cass County people to process and get into the court system. Your point is meaningless. The charges were in process and they have been officially charged.

No. But it sounds like it was a procedural issue. The AG drew up the charges and announced them on Tuesday. But because of the level of charge, the charges were better placed in Cass County court by the Cass County States Attorney. That took a couple of days for the Cass County people to process and get into the court system. Your point is meaningless. The charges were in process and they have been officially charged.

Thank you for making my point for me. Now they are offically charged since they had not been before.

Well, while your beating you chest about supposedly being right, 9 of your current players and 12 players with ties to the Bison team have charges against them 13 if you include Jemison. Nice work.

Actually I am a UND grad. I could care less about NDSU football. Though two friends of mine are huge fans, probably longer than most since their father was the head coach and ad at NDSU a long time ago and they are both in their 80's.