SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2: Potato Bowl 2012 - UND vs. Portland State

UND-FB-FAN

I was a little bored today so I looked up the Portland St game against Carroll College on the web and watched some of it. I did not come away thinking that PSU looked anything special. I was expecting more I guess, I know they weren't using their full play calling potential in the game and all but they didn't appear to have superior athletes all over the field. They have some good ones but nothing crazy and not an abundance of them. I am now fully expecting a win.

I was a little bored today so I looked up the Portland St game against Carroll College on the web and watched some of it. I did not come away thinking that PSU looked anything special. I was expecting more I guess, I know they weren't using their full play calling potential in the game and all but they didn't appear to have superior athletes all over the field. They have some good ones but nothing crazy and not an abundance of them. I am now fully expecting a win.

Good to hear!! I'm going to hold you to it.

I'm gonna put my glasses on and say we win by 4.

UND-24

Portland St.-20

This will be a great measuring stick for our team and there is nothing wrong with facing a little bit of adversity already in the season with an injured QB and down one O-lineman. The D has to play big. Portland St. is going to try and establish the run and we have to limit that. We may have to leave our corners out on an island again like we did last year against Cal Poly, they have to be up to the challenge. The offense also has to move the ball. Three and out after three and out like last year is not going to cut it. I've been looking forward to this game to see how much we have improved from last year. Its going to be fun.

According to SiouxFootballInsider on Twitter, Golladay taking reps with 2 deep offense, meaning he will get his shirt pulled.

Also, they retweeted that the PSU kicker is still out. (I assume this means he is out this week for sure, but could mean just practice today)

http://twitter.com/SiouxFootball

Just got back from PSU practice and Brown back in brace - looks like he may not play.

Thanks for the update Bambino.

Good news on Hanson. Possible return next week?? Also, I'm still surprised by Galloday. I know he has talent but with McGill and Hardin just both being consistent. The return of Ivery this week and Jackson bringing as physical style of play as there is at WR, were does Galloday fit in. I am looking forward to seeing him play cause he has to be something pretty special to be getting his shirt pulled.

Yeah, I don't know. Just speculating. Because like others said, there really is no need right now to have another WR.

I agree completely. And if they do it pull it he better be out there a lot instead of standing on the sidelines. I'm tired of redshirts being pulled and the player not being utilized enough.

• Upvote 2