SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

How did #8 look for North?

Gave my program away. Name and position? North had 3 LB's who played well. The kid from Little Falls who is going to Bemidji played well.

The big RB from Eden Prairie, Anthony Anderson was tough to bring down. Wasn't quick and only time I watched him try and block it was weak but he broke tackles and some of the DB's didn't look like they wanted to get in his way. He was South Offensive MVP.

I was also at the MN all star game. The 5 UND recruits looked very good. Too bad Studsrud got hurt early but even his 3 plays looked good. The kickers looked very good. When a UND kid went head to head with a NDSU recruit, our guys looked to be on the wiining side of those battles. I'm new to college football especially the FCS level but I'm excited to watch the Sioux turn this thing around. The school credentials are also impressive. I'm going to enjoy the next 4-5 years as a hard core Sioux supporter.

I was also at the MN all star game. The 5 UND recruits looked very good. Too bad Studsrud got hurt early but even his 3 plays looked good. The kickers looked very good. When a UND kid went head to head with a NDSU recruit, our guys looked to be on the wiining side of those battles. I'm new to college football especially the FCS level but I'm excited to watch the Sioux turn this thing around. The school credentials are also impressive. I'm going to enjoy the next 4-5 years as a hard core Sioux supporter.

These are all good things to hear. By emphasizing both local recruiting (ND, MN, WI, SD, Canada, etc.) and a physical mindset (defense and running game), I definitely think Bubba will improve this program a little each and every season.

• 3 weeks later...

With the DB Rogers signing on for next year, does that mean all the scholarships are used for next year? I would assume that would fill the roster.

He's going to be a walk-on based on what the SFI guys said. I know that the staff was trying hard to get an FBS O-line for the last scholarship but with time before camp running out not sure if anything will come of it.

So, I am looking at a FB roster that I printed off on July 11 that has Brendan Slaight (6-7. 318) listed on it, assigned #65. But today, when I click on the current roster online, he is no longer listed on the roster. Did something happen? Or am I reading too much into it?

So, I am looking at a FB roster that I printed off on July 11 that has Brendan Slaight (6-7. 318) listed on it, assigned #65. But today, when I click on the current roster online, he is no longer listed on the roster. Did something happen? Or am I reading too much into it?

I would guess that means he won't be with the team - disappointing!

Well that's not good. Stockwell isn't ready. We need a tackle to step up big time. I wonder if Anderson can swing out wide?

I have to think Anderson may be the best option at this point.

I wonder who was the last true freshman OL to play? Maybe Chuck Clairmont? That was about 30 years ago. But given the current lack of numbers, it may have to happen this year.

I have to think Anderson may be the best option at this point.

I wonder who was the last true freshman OL to play? Maybe Chuck Clairmont? That was about 30 years ago. But given the current lack of numbers, it may have to happen this year.

They seemed pretty high on the guy from Wisconsin.

This offensive line situation could end up being a bad, bad thing…

…or it could turn out alright if one of the redshirt freshman O linemen surprise.

Very difficult to establish yourself as a smashmouth running team without the O Line to make that happen.

Defensive improvement will be even more necessary.

• Upvote 2

Very difficult to establish yourself as a smashmouth running team without the O Line to make that happen.

I miss the old running of the ball and controlling that clock. It gave the defense some much needed rest.

Absolutely. O line play needs to be improved from 2013.. There's still hope that the d line will be improved from 2013 with the additions and change in coaching.

• Upvote 1

From GF Herald article today : “We still have a couple of roster spots open,” said Schweigert. “And things can happen late these days. We’re always recruiting. We’re always going to try and make our team better by developing guys and bringing in new players.”