SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Appears we've signed two JUCOs; one from Indiana and another from New Jersey.

@kevphx83: Green & White sighting in East Orange, NJ. Welcome to the family.

@kevphx83: Green & White sighting in Indianapolis, Indiana. Welcome to the family.

Edit: Player from New Jersey is S Dashon Wade, per SiouxFBInsider

http://www.hudl.com/...047/dashon-wade

This kid knows how to hit and has great pursuit, not to mention pretty decent speed.

May he be what we all though Kenedy was going to be? Let's hope.

Feeling much better about our defensive backfield with the jucos and incoming freshmen that we've recruited. We have a lot of inexperience at the linebacker positions, though, and still a lot of questions with respect to the defensive line.

Feeling much better about our defensive backfield with the jucos and incoming freshmen that we've recruited. We have a lot of inexperience at the linebacker positions, though, and still a lot of questions with respect to the defensive line.

I was hoping we would get a beastly juco DL but I can settle for head hunting DBs and steam rolling OLs that we've gotten so far.

I was hoping we would get a beastly juco DL but I can settle for head hunting DBs and steam rolling OLs that we've gotten so far.

So far, so good, I think, and I don't believe we're quite finished, yet, either. As you've alluded to, all things considered, especially the late start that the staff got, on paper, at least, this class has exceeded expectations.

I am seeing Southern Mississippi jumped in late and offered Dashon Wade. Looks like the same day he committed to UND. Even though they are pretty bad at football, it is FBS and is going to be tough to overcome that one. Too bad.

He is visiting USM on April 11th.

At least we know the staff is going after the right players, they all have other offers going on.

Wade signed a letter of intent, right. He also had an FBS offer already too. I suppose UND could hold him to his commitment. What makes you think he won't honor his commitment? I am guessing you think that by just the fact that he is taking the visit to USM. Hopefully he will still come here. Does anybody know the connection as to how we got on him anyway? I am sure UND wouldn't hold him to anything if he has an opportunity elsewhere.

Wade signed a letter of intent, right. He also had an FBS offer already too. I suppose UND could hold him to his commitment. What makes you think he won't honor his commitment? I am guessing you think that by just the fact that he is taking the visit to USM. Hopefully he will still come here. Does anybody know the connection as to how we got on him anyway? I am sure UND wouldn't hold him to anything if he has an opportunity elsewhere.

I was told that if the LOI was not submitted by April 1st, then players can sign anywhere they want and STILL not be held accountable. The deadline was April 1st for the real signing period that started Feb 5th. After April 1st the player can sign anywhere they want and still reneg on the school and go somewhere else. That is why that date was so big.

I am assuming his paperwork was never fully submitted.

So Wade verballed and that is it. And anyone that verbals or signs a letter of intent is to be considered very iffy from this date on in the Spring and Summer. Is that right? I guess we will just have to wait and see who shows up in the Fall.

So Wade verballed and that is it. And anyone that verbals or signs a letter of intent is to be considered very iffy from this date on in the Spring and Summer. Is that right? I guess we will just have to wait and see who shows up in the Fall.

National Letters of Intent essentially commit you to a specific program. If no NLI is sent, then there is no legitimate commitment to a school. That is the case for Dashon Wade.

Let's see what Bubba and Maurice are made of. I hope we can still get this guy. Maybe the playing time will be enticing enough for him to come here?

Although I would love to see Wade attend and play for UND, I really doubt he'll take UND over Southern Mississippi. One is FBS and the other is FCS, plus the weather is a bit nicer down south.

Although I would love to see Wade attend and play for UND, I really doubt he'll take UND over Southern Mississippi. One is FBS and the other is FCS, plus the weather is a bit nicer down south.

Some guys just wanna play. That's one of our big sells right now. There's a solid opportunity at a lot of positions on this team, that can be very attractive.

• 4 weeks later...

Players on campus are CB Alex Tillman from U of Houston, Jordan Hinojosa DL from U of Minn, and JUCO LB Dylan Bakker.

Dylan Bakker http://www.hudl.com/...ights/114497376

Jordan Hinojosa is a former 3 star player from Miami. Signed with minny out of HS but had to play a year of CC and was RS last year it looks like.

Alex Tillman

These are the guys that I saw today with the coaches. Tillman was wearing a baggy sweatshirt but you could just see that he was in great shape also looks like a very physical player. Hinojosa is tall but is a slimmer looking DL player. And Bakker wasnt quite as tall as Hinojosa but he is built defiantly looks the part of a LB.