SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

From GF Herald article today : “We still have a couple of roster spots open,” said Schweigert. “And things can happen late these days. We’re always recruiting. We’re always going to try and make our team better by developing guys and bringing in new players.”

Anyone know what spots are open??

This is pretty exciting to me! With this addition, a lot of people may underestimate our defense. An FBS transfer at corner, linebacker and defensive tackle should provide a lot of depth, experience, athleticism, competition, etc. Looks like Jenkins-Moore had offers from Arizona, ASU, Arkansas, KSU, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Purdue, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

This is pretty exciting to me! With this addition, a lot of people may underestimate our defense. An FBS transfer at corner, linebacker and defensive tackle should provide a lot of depth, experience, athleticism, competition, etc. Looks like Jenkins-Moore had offers from Arizona, ASU, Arkansas, KSU, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Purdue, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

Yes, these guys have a chance to tear up FCS, but it won't happen just because they were FBS. Hopefully they buy in, work hard, study hard, etc. Exciting to see Bubba and staff getting these guys.

Yes, these guys have a chance to tear up FCS, but it won't happen just because they were FBS. Hopefully they buy in, work hard, study hard, etc. Exciting to see Bubba and staff getting these guys.

Hopefully since they are dropping down from FBS to FCS they play with a chip on their shoulder. He looks very athletic. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/590121/highlights/17519385

Generally speaking, with transfers physical ability and athleticism is rarely a problem.

As LetsGoSioux alludes to, if there's a problem it is with attitude, work ethic, and ability to pick up a new system.

Let's hope it is a smooth road for them and they make the team better.

As it exciting as it's is to get FBS transfers, I'll reserve judgement until they play on the field. Isn't half the roster for Portland State comprised of FBS transfers? (I may be exaggerating a bit, but they seem to have quite a bit each year, and it hasn't worked out to well for them.)

As it exciting as it's is to get FBS transfers, I'll reserve judgement until they play on the field. Isn't half the roster for Portland State comprised of FBS transfers? (I may be exaggerating a bit, but they seem to have quite a bit each year, and it hasn't worked out to well for them.)

They have loads of them. It's been working well for them too... I'd rather develop hardworking kids for 5 years and establish culture instead of hoping 2 year FBS transfers with minimal investment can be the backbone like at PSU.

They have loads of them. It's been working well for them too... I'd rather develop hardworking kids for 5 years and establish culture instead of hoping 2 year FBS transfers with minimal investment can be the backbone like at PSU.

3 FBS transfers is about right IMO. Understandably, recruiting is key to success, especially in North Dakota given the lack of area DI schools in Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.

With that said, having a recruiting class with around 20 high school graduates and 3 FBS transfers is a great way to stay competitive immediately without rebuilding years.

In the past, many FCS schools have been successful with FBS transfers if mixed correctly with high school recruits. EWU did it in 2010 when they won the NC and others have won playoff games doing it too.

As the old adage goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat [win a championship].

3 FBS transfers is about right IMO. Understandably, recruiting is key to success, especially in North Dakota given the lack of area DI schools in Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.

With that said, having a recruiting class with around 20 high school graduates and 3 FBS transfers is a great way to stay competitive immediately without rebuilding years.

In the past, many FCS schools have been successful with FBS transfers if mixed correctly with high school recruits. EWU did it in 2010 when they won the NC and others have won playoff games doing it too.

As the old adage goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat [win a championship].

If we can get 1-3 high quality transfers a year that would be about right for chemistry and culture purposes. This year is an outlier because of the lack of depth from the mass exodus that occurred. We needed to load up on transfers this year and we did. In the next couple years we'll most likely see fewer and fewer transfers as depth is built through hs recruiting.