SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

If my bookkeeping is accurate we presently have 6 JC players coming in and a transfer from the

Gophers and Houston. That is 8 players. From what I heart they have 3 slots left to fill. We are indeed going to have a practically a whole new team next year . It will be exciting. I think.

Hudson Walton was notified he won't be eligible to play/practice this fall - needs to retake ACT per the NCAA.

Will he not have a chance to retake it prior to next fall or are there some rules that make him ineligible for next fall? i would think they are giving more tests prior to next fall.

Will he not have a chance to retake it prior to next fall or are there some rules that make him ineligible for next fall? i would think they are giving more tests prior to next fall.

This sounds strange as Golladay was able to take his ACT during fall camp going into his fr year.

At this point, I wouldn't get too worked up over deflections. Earlier on, I admit it was concerning, but now I think Bubba has proven he can easily replace the talent, whether that be via high school recruits or JUCO/FBS transfers.

It's important, and quite reassuring, to note that Bubba has done all this without even coaching a game yet or improving on our losing record from last year. If he can win, and add that to his already impressive recruiting tactics, we could see some really impressive talent influx and performances in the future.

Give it a year or two everyone, and then I believe we'll see UND finally get some respect in the DI football world because of our on the field performances.

He runs like a soccer player, which is a very good thing. He moves very well and appears to have good instincts. Let's hope this new batch of jucos change things, especially our perception of jucos.

Exactly. Compared to other teams I don't think we have been successful going this route. Seems like we are on the right track though.

Exactly. Compared to other teams I don't think we have been successful going this route. Seems like we are on the right track though.

What other teams? Our peers in the upper midwest haven't been successful that way.

I don't think the UND philosophy has been bad. Unless you are in transition, JUCOs should be a very small part of the roster. If a few JUCOs contribute every couple of years that's great.

The transition is over for this program. They have, and should continue to build mostly with freshmen. The roster holes we are seeing should be an anomaly. I would doubt we would continue to see a high volume of JUCOs as we move forward.

What other teams? Our peers in the upper midwest haven't been successful that way.

I don't think the UND philosophy has been bad. Unless you are in transition, JUCOs should be a very small part of the roster. If a few JUCOs contribute every couple of years that's great.

The transition is over for this program. They have, and should continue to build mostly with freshmen. The roster holes we are seeing should be an anomaly. I would doubt we would continue to see a high volume of JUCOs as we move forward.

I was just pointing out that every juco player we brought in has not really panned out. Right now this is the route we have to go because even though we are done with the transition to D1, we are still in a transition. We simply have to fill holes caused by attrition from the coaching "transition." Freshman are not going to fill those holes right now.

I do agree that going forward we need to build the team with mostly freshman.