SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

regarding the previous post: I now feel the need to defend my integrity every time I post here now, since every time I post anything even modestly outside the Siouxsports party line I get similar aspersions (NDSU troll blahblahblah). Of all people I would've thought sioux83 would have understood where i was going with that. Maybe I won't feel the need in the future.

i think the standard is to take an inch, 5 lbs and .1s off any numbers reported on hudl. Those reported numbers would have put him third among RB's at the NFL combine last year. On the other hand maybe we are looking at the steal of the century. He had an offer from SJSU out of high school so hopefully he is an ambitious type guy who wanted to give it two year to try to make a pac-12 team and came up a little short.

This is all opinion and none of us are experts, never feel the need to apologize. You said your thoughts on it and I respect them.....questioning part of a recruits game possibly being sub par isn't being an NDSU troll, it's being a good fan.

Everyone is damn sensitive on here these days......now back on topic, where is Ezra!!!

I have no intention of trolling, but I'll just put it out there that I am a Bison fan. What a great time of year it is with recruiting going on. I really enjoy following it closely and then watching recruits come in and flourish in a program. One of the reasons I'm here is to see what y'all have said and think about Ezra. I was under the assumption that he was coming to NDSU. Now I hear that you guys and UNI are in the mix. It's also my understanding that he has a friend and former teammate either going to UND or currently there. Please don't take this as smack at all, but from my perspective NDSU has won most of the recruiting battles with UND in the last few years. Things have got to turn around eventually in that department and I think your new staff will surely help. Getting Ezra, even if it's a full ride offer compared to maybe a partial from the Bison, would be a great get for UND.

• Upvote 1

I have no intention of trolling, but I'll just put it out there that I am a Bison fan. What a great time of year it is with recruiting going on. I really enjoy following it closely and then watching recruits come in and flourish in a program. One of the reasons I'm here is to see what y'all have said and think about Ezra. I was under the assumption that he was coming to NDSU. Now I hear that you guys and UNI are in the mix. It's also my understanding that he has a friend and former teammate either going to UND or currently there. Please don't take this as smack at all, but from my perspective NDSU has won most of the recruiting battles with UND in the last few years. Things have got to turn around eventually in that department and I think your new staff will surely help. Getting Ezra, even if it's a full ride offer compared to maybe a partial from the Bison, would be a great get for UND.

Even if he chooses NDSU, it is refreshing to see our program put up the fight.

when was the last time a NDSU guy pretended to be a UND fan and started badmouthing UND recruits on siouxsports like they allege chigins did?

What? I didn't badmouth any recruit. Ever. All I said was that it was getting chippy over on bisonville because Ezra was reconsidering his verbal to NDSU and was looking at UND. And that was the truth. So please explain what you are talking about.

What? I didn't badmouth any recruit. Ever. All I said was that it was getting chippy over on bisonville because Ezra was reconsidering his verbal to NDSU and was looking at UND. And that was the truth. So please explain what you are talking about.

They were hypothesizing that the person on Bville talking smack about Ezra was you pretending to be a Bison fan.

NDSU offensive and defensive lines were so dominant that I could have been a successful running back with the gaps they made. I honestly believe that a dominant O and D-line can make up for average skill position play and sub-par line performance can take away from dominant skill positions. We need more Chris Kupers is what we need!

Maybe Chris Carter can bring their Left Tackle with them, can't be bad if it was the #11 team in the nation

im not saying the lines cant dominant, but at this level you have to find diamonds in the rough and develop them. That takes about 3 years to get these guys up to snuff! I hope he has that long before the heat comes. Recruiting is vital. The guys in the big sky will try to put up 50 if they can. don't forget bubba has to replace all of the production on offense and holes and depth on defense! These next 2 recruiting classes will crucial to his success!

im not saying the lines cant dominant, but at this level you have to find diamonds in the rough and develop them. That takes about 3 years to get these guys up to snuff! I hope he has that long before the heat comes. Recruiting is vital. The guys in the big sky will try to put up 50 if they can. don't forget bubba has to replace all of the production on offense and holes and depth on defense! These next 2 recruiting classes will crucial to his success!

ndsu didn't get there train going until about 4 years ago when though pups grew up! Need the time to build! Only the 3rd year in Division 1 football

ndsu didn't get there train going until about 4 years ago when though pups grew up! Need the time to build! Only the 3rd year in Division 1 football

The real work at NDSU is going on right now. Games are won just as much now in the weight and training rooms than in fall camp, and with Jim Kramer staying on as their strength and conditioning coach, they will continue with that mind set. You don't have to get the strongest and most talented guy on campus as a freshman as long as they are willing to put in the work to get faster, stronger and better conditioned. I think NDSU has done an good job of getting those kids, and when they get one that isn't willing to put in the work, they are gone.

I can only assume he's busy having an awkward breakup call with coach Klieman.

Was expecting to hear some news by now. Personally I think he's ours because I think his mom is calling the shots and paying the bills. If anything we can make NDSU pay more for him. I know we have way more scholarships left and not many verbals. And with all the players leaving the team we should have no problem

Was expecting to hear some news by now. Personally I think he's ours because I think his mom is calling the shots and paying the bills. If anything we can make NDSU pay more for him. I know we have way more scholarships left and not many verbals. And with all the players leaving the team we should have no problem

The longer this thing drags out, the better the chances are he commits to UND. Will have to wait and see I guess...

Please don't come here and respond to every comment made about FU (Fargo Univeristy in case you don't know) we have enough trolls here doing that. Please don't come here with the purpose of reminding us how good the FU football team is - that's covered too. I can't believe you have so little to talk about over on Bizon - Swille that you need to come over here for intellectual conversation - well the intellectual part I can see. It gets tiring that every thread becomes a pissing match started by FU trolls. This is a UND fan thread we are going to post about UND, we are going to poke fun at FU - it's what we do here because we are UND fans.
  • Upvote 1

I imagine Ezra is still a long shot to come to UND. I am sure the last thing Bison fans thought they would have to be worrying about would be the possibility of losing a recruit to UND that had already committed to NDSU . Even though he probably will still go to SU, it is fun watching the Bison fans squirm.

I imagine Ezra is still a long shot to come to UND. I am sure the last thing Bison fans thought they would have to be worrying about would be the possibility of losing a recruit to UND that had already committed to NDSU . Even though he probably will still go to SU, it is fun watching the Bison fans squirm.

Are you trying to channel your inner gfhockey reverse pyschologist here?

• Upvote 1

Please don't come here and respond to every comment made about FU (Fargo Univeristy in case you don't know) we have enough trolls here doing that. Please don't come here with the purpose of reminding us how good the FU football team is - that's covered too. I can't believe you have so little to talk about over on Bizon - Swille that you need to come over here for intellectual conversation - well the intellectual part I can see. It gets tiring that every thread becomes a pissing match started by FU trolls. This is a UND fan thread we are going to post about UND, we are going to poke fun at FU - it's what we do here because we are UND fans.

It was a respectful and we'll thought out post, sometimes the truth hurts. Ezra has money on the line hear, good for him to make an educated decision on this. I am sure it can't be easy.

Seems to me this weekend has the potential to have a lot of RBs. Parks, Simmons, Walker from MI, maybe Anthony Anderson from EP. Should be another exciting weekend!

Hope you're right on this one. Given lack of offers, recruiters obviously see something I don't (speed?), but hard to imagine a down side to a 6'3", 235-pound running back who was good enough to put up big rushing numbers in the top class of Minnesota HS football. If he didn't work out at RB, seems there would be a lot of options on defense for this guy.

Anyone know anything more about late offeree Luke Elsner, DE from Wisc? Coming for a visit? Still in the mix?