SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball7m

Bismarck sources telling us @UNDFootball D-Coordinator Eric Schmidt was in to see DE Stanley Jones, who is currently an NDSU verbal

Well this thread has zero chance of becoming a pissing match with our neighbors to the south now. {sarcasm emphasized}

I do like to see us being more aggressive with recruiting...

It's pretty clear that we're now gonna try win over the state of North Dakota, even if the ag school stands in our way. I love that mindset.

Go Sioux!

Well it certainly is nice to see Schmidt getting after it.

Exactly, love to see it. I thought it was BS that Jones was never offered by the previous staff.

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball7m

Bismarck sources telling us @UNDFootball D-Coordinator Eric Schmidt was in to see DE Stanley Jones, who is currently an NDSU verbal

He could start for us as a true freshman, the kid is that good. How the old staff never offered immediately is beyond me. I just hope it isn't to late, although it probably is.

Ojuri is done. Crockett will be a senior. They have a bunch of good young backs in the stable. We on the other hand have a lot of opportunity for playing time.

I think their backfield will be a lot more crowded in the next day or two as well.

It's pretty clear that we're now gonna try win over the state of North Dakota, even if the ag school stands in our way. I love that mindset.

Go Sioux!

I love that too. Just because NDSU won a NC and is on the minds of most people here....just keep trying, they can't commit every kid in the state. UND took over the recruiting battle between the two in the mid to late 90's through most of the 2000's, and they can do that again.

Quick question to anyone in the know.

Are we recruting Austin Cieslak out of Hazen, ND? In watching the championship game I thought he looked the part. Big guy that moves very well.

I believe we had an offer out to him early in the year.

Yes, Nebraska walk-on King Frazier is reportedly transferring there. Was also a UND offeree out of high school. Will have three more years of eligibility.

Buried on a pretty loaded running back depth chart for the Huskers. Can't see him unseating Crockett but should make for a solid combo with Morlock once Crockett's graduated.

Buried on a pretty loaded running back depth chart for the Huskers. Can't see him unseating Crockett but should make for a solid combo with Morlock once Crockett's graduated.

You could sure see him taking reps from Morlock though. Speaking of which, before I go back and check the wiki, did Muss offer Morlock?

You could sure see him taking reps from Morlock though. Speaking of which, before I go back and check the wiki, did Muss offer Morlock?

Former NDSU player Kevin Feeney was his head coach at Moorhead with I believe one or two other NDSU football alums as assistant coaces. I think SDSU was his only other offer. Don't think UND had much of a chance on him regardless.

Yeah big finger - would like to return the favor but you guys don't have anyone we could or want to recruit.... Love the jealousy in this thread!

Yeah, because FU has never, ever lost a recruit to UND. Ever! :silly:

Just keep telling yourself that, son. The worm is turning. Very slowly, but it is turning. Get used to it, pal. :p

Former NDSU player Kevin Feeney was his head coach at Moorhead with I believe one or two other NDSU football alums as assistant coaces. I think SDSU was his only other offer. Don't think UND had much of a chance on him regardless.

That's pre-bubba thinking.