SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I really think this kid should get a look from ND do you? Corey Harrison #73 OG/DT Class of 2014 Senior Highlight's @Hudl http://www.hudl.com/...ights/111533381

He certainly has size and he appears to have a good mean streak. I don't follow national recruiting much, but why would a kid from Arkansas, interested in playing for Arkansas and Mizzou, a pre-season second team all-senior selection, want to play FCS in the upper midwest?

If he actually does then that's great, but my troll sensors are tingling.

UND got a second commit - Drew Greeley DE out of Wayzata! Nice!

Appears he was the one from a couple weeks ago - but now confirmed on twitter!

https://twitter.com/iManChild

EDIT: I should say that this was the one Kotelnicki referred to on twitter a couple weeks ago, but officially he committed today it looks like.

Had an offer from Air Force.

Just watched his hudl. This kid is violent. Great hands and feet. Not super strong yet but fights off every block and uses his quickness as well as some very quick powerful hands. He's a bit of a tweener and it depends if we'll stay in the 3-4 or not. I like what I see from a purely competitive standpoint.

He certainly has size and he appears to have a good mean streak. I don't follow national recruiting much, but why would a kid from Arkansas, interested in playing for Arkansas and Mizzou, a pre-season second team all-senior selection, want to play FCS in the upper midwest?

If he actually does then that's great, but my troll sensors are tingling.

he said he just likes the state of North Dakota he thinks it would be a god opportunity to play for them if you can get in touch with a coach or anybody please do that for me because he loves ND

Article on recruiting. http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/280101/group/homepage/

Greely said North Dakota was the first program to show interest in him during the process. Greely added that his sister already goes to UND and he likes the campus’ proximity to his home in the Twin Cities.

“I think a new coach only helps my decision because it’s a new start at everything,” Greely said.

Greely was named to the 2013 All-Metro football team by the Star Tribune. With the honor, the newspaper wrote that Greely was “fast and agile yet has immensely strong upper body. Moves well sideline-to-sideline, thanks to 4.7 40-yard speed.”

So I'm getting sick of all the speculation about the new coach, who are our top recruits that we've offered that we need/can realistically get?

I don't know anything about any of these recruits. Obviously other subjects have dominated the board the past month. As usual I'd like to see some O-lineman but I really think we need a great running back. Miller is good but I really would like to see them land a standout. Of course Conerback is a hole on Defense that I also would like to see shored up. I didn't answer your question but its good to talk about something other than the coaching fiasco.

So I'm getting sick of all the speculation about the new coach, who are our top recruits that we've offered that we need/can realistically get?

Without a coaching staff in place, there won't be much movement on the recruiting front.

Also, plenty of new offers will surface when the new staff is in place.

I doubt we are going to get much in the way of "top recruits" this year. Between having a dismal 3-8 season and no coaching staff in place until next year, I think it's safe to say we aren't looking at anyone exceptional. That has to change next year.