SiouxSports.com Forum

Realistic Expectations for UND in the Big Sky

ALPHAGRIZ1

You guys are probably in for a really rude awakening this season.

I say this because I have been reading the delusion on this board for awhile and its really starting to look like the MSU website every year.

This isnt smack but sometimes the truth hurts a bit so brace your self here it is.

UND will lose at least 6 games this year:

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

and a very real possibility of losing to Cal Poly and Sac St

These teams are proven at this level and are returning a ton of talent, its just not a good year to be breaking into a new conference with what you guys have coming back.

Now if you want a real debate, please criticize my comments with facts and stats. I realize most of you will take the easy way out and start calling for me to be banned, call me a troll and evade facts and debate like a modest Kardashian

We can have a decent conversation or a cyber slugfest its up to you.

• Upvote 1

I say this because I have been reading the delusion on this board for awhile and its really starting to look like the MSU website every year.

This isnt smack but sometimes the truth hurts a bit so brace your self here it is.

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

These teams are proven at this level and are returning a ton of talent, its just not a good year to be breaking into a new conference with what you guys have coming back.

Now if you want a real debate, please criticize my comments with facts and stats. I realize most of you will take the easy way out and start calling for me to be banned, call me a troll and evade facts and debate like a modest Kardashian

Southern Utah is proven at this level?

Yup. You are a troll not worth my time, anyway.

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

I feel so much more informed now. I am glad you helped bring clarity to our fanbase.

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

I am sure the actual players of those teams won't take UND as lightly as you are. I will leave it up to what happens on the field instead of some fan trying to pump their own tires. Its why they play the game. If they were going to listen to some fly by night fan then we might as well not even play the games or show up. I think another poster said it best. Worry about your own program.

actually have read your posts for quite a while on cs and ags and even venture over to egriz occasionally, alpha. enjoy most of them. but, sometimes it seems like you just want to pick a fight.

so the question I pose is why do you pick SUU as a loss and Cal Poly as only a maybe? I think SUU will be so disheartened (and maybe beaten up) by the time they play UND that UND will win that game even though the Fighting Sioux will be coming off two weeks against Montana and Montana State. I, like most UND fans, am hoping for a split those two weeks.

on the other hand, you give the team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux only 4 conference losses. 4 and 4 would be a respectable (not great) rookie year in an established conference like the Big Sky.

with the conference schedule UND has this fall and adding Portland as a non-conference game, you would probably agree only SUU's looks tougher on the surface. a 5 and 6 record is not as bad as one would expect from an established Big Sky prognosticator such as yourself. 6 and 5 is definitely a possibility and 7 and 4 is attainable (EDIT: and 8 and 3, 'cause, why not, these guys could do it!)

its going to be an exciting year for UND athletics. welcome to siouxsports, alpha.

actually have read your posts for quite a while on cs and ags and even venture over to egriz occasionally, alpha. enjoy most of them. but, sometimes it seems like you just want to pick a fight.

so the question I pose is why do you pick SUU as a loss and Cal Poly as only a maybe? I think SUU will be so disheartened (and maybe beaten up) by the time they play UND that UND will win that game even though the Fighting Sioux will be coming off two weeks against Montana and Montana State. I, like most UND fans, am hoping for a split those two weeks.

on the other hand, you give the team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux only 4 conference losses. 4 and 4 would be a respectable (not great) rookie year in an established conference like the Big Sky.

with the conference schedule UND has this fall and adding Portland as a non-conference game, you would probably agree only SUU's looks tougher on the surface. a 5 and 6 record is not as bad as one would expect from an established Big Sky prognosticator such as yourself. 6 and 5 is definitely a possibility and 7 and 4 is attainable.

its going to be an exciting year for UND athletics. welcome to siouxsports, alpha.

At least he has a nice avatar!!! :)

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

I'll go with option C: Watch the games, enjoy the football season while it lasts and see how it plays out.

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

Welcome to ss Alphagriz1....as for the season. I agree with the UND fans that say UND will beat the teams we beat last year. Plus Cal Poly will fall, UND plays them pretty close and will comeout on top. UND is extremely tough at home so because we are coming out of the GWFC doesn't mean we are in the same class as a UNC, or Idaho State. I think the only losses UND will have is EW, SDSU, and Montana State. Mark it down 7-3 (DI games)...playoff bound!!

Portland St

San Diego St

Eastern Washington

Montana

Montana St

Southern Utah

The fun part is that we get to find out for sure in a couple months. I do know that the UND team you will be seeing this year is much better than the team that visited Missoula a couple years ago. I'm sure it all depends on how much the feds decide to get involved with all the rape incidents your team has been involved with if you can confidently say the same.

with the conference schedule UND has this fall and adding Portland as a non-conference game, you would probably agree only SUU's looks tougher on the surface. a 5 and 6 record is not as bad as one would expect from an established Big Sky prognosticator such as yourself. 6 and 5 is definitely a possibility and 7 and 4 is attainable (EDIT: and 8 and 3, 'cause, why not, these guys could do it!)

Nice response Dakota, I figured there would be at least one post that was worth reading and your that post. The rest are just trolls that wear the sme colors that you root for.

At least you get it, I wasnt bashing your team or slamming your program. I just realize that after reading this site for awhile most of the posters here are as delusional as cat fans, they want it so bad but that doesnt win games, players/talent win games. Like it or not the BSC is a passing league and your secondary is going to be shredded if you give up plays and numbers like you did last year. I agree on paper you seem to have a good DL and a couple LBs but little depth. Your offense is going to need to bail you out of holes all year long and I am not sure they can.

Your team is young and inexperienced. The your DL is pretty light unless you got some drop down linemen that isnt on your roster. Most of the guys you have returning are 40-70lbs lighter than most BSC OLs. They might hold up for a half but depth will kill you when the big guys lean on them all game.

Also for the people that are uninformed on this site (and that looks to be a lot of you) the Griz will worry about our own team, you know the team that went to the semis last year and lost by 3. The team that returns the best LB core in the FCS. A DL that had some turnover but the guys that are back got a ton of playing time last year and I am not worried one bit about them being as good or even better than last year. Our secondary will be solid even with some loses like TJ and by the time we play you guys it will be getting its rape on any ball that comes near them.

Consider .500 a hell of a start even for your first year in the BSC and I do wish you guys well and hope you succeed it only make the conference better for all those involved.

P.S. If anyone wants to actually talk football come over to maroonblood.com and do so, if you want theatrics, idiots and infighting hit up the other site.

The fun part thing is that we get to find out for sure in a couple months. I do know that the UND team you will be seeing this year is much better than the team that visited Missoula a couple years ago. I'm sure it all depends on how much the feds decide to get involved with all the rape incdents your team has been involved with if you can confidently say the same.

This team:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=303170149

Our 3 win team who almost upset Montana...that actually led 17-13 in the 3rd quarter. A lot better team and in our house!!!!

The fun part is that we get to find out for sure in a couple months. I do know that the UND team you will be seeing this year is much better than the team that visited Missoula a couple years ago. I'm sure it all depends on how much the feds decide to get involved with all the rape incidents your team has been involved with if you can confidently say the same.

The only rape you guys need to worry about is the one that will take place in the Alerus center on the 20th of October.

The Griz team you will be facing this year will be a lot better than the one you faced in Missoula a couple years ago. In fact I have stated that if we stay healthy this season we wont lose a game in 2012. Bold? Possibly but I just dont see anyone dealing with JJ and our offense. You guys seem enamored with MSU and some of you even say they are the king of the BSC (VERY funny) but we bitch slapped them in their own place last year and they lost some key guys and have little depth to fill it with.

A few of you said it correctly in a few months we get to find out and all this message board stuff is meaningless.

Lets get it on

Yes, you lost by 10 and we didnt even have a QB.

Now we have the best QB in the BSC. (If he gets to play)

Time will tell. I like what I see in Hansen. I personally don't think that the current off field distractions will not affect your team much come the start of the season; too much talent and tradition. I am very impressed with your LB corp; they will be tough every game.

I can't say that I know much about the QB you speak of so I can't judge. I believe that if Hansen can get a feel for the offense he has the tools needed to succeed this year.

Also, I agree that this message board stuff is meaningless. I just want to play the darn games and then we can judge once the dust settles. Welcome to the board and nice avatar photo!