SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

The biggest reason the Force outdraw Bison hoops is because alcohol is sold at Force games. Also the current BSA is an eyesore to put it mildly. The temperature variances in that building are crazy. Down towards the floor it is cold (especially early in the game) as the doors are open alot as people are still coming in. Up top (where I sit of course) is like a f**king oven under those lights. The upgrade has been a long time coming but it appears that the funding is very close to being secured and the days of playing in that God forsaken place are numbered.

The biggest reason the Force outdraw Bison hoops is because alcohol is sold at Force games. Also the current BSA is an eyesore to put it mildly. The temperature variances in that building are crazy. Down towards the floor it is cold (especially early in the game) as the doors are open alot as people are still coming in. Up top (where I sit of course) is like a f**king oven under those lights. The upgrade has been a long time coming but it appears that the funding is very close to being secured and the days of playing in that God forsaken place are numbered.

If I had to sit and watch Bison basketball I would need alcohol too...and lots of it.

• Upvote 1

Had that been a UND banner which had arrived in Fargo, I can assure you that the result would have been No media stories, and quiet re-shipment. Just a different mode of operation and a different level of professionalism that seems to surface again and again.

Wow - talk about "fair weather" fans. (pun intended)

Had that been a UND banner which had arrived in Fargo, I can assure you that the result would have been No media stories, and quiet re-shipment. Just a different mode of operation and a different level of professionalism that seems to surface again and again.

First of all everything bison fans are assuming is pure conjecture on the handling of the banner - but they need something to talk about sime they obviously can't find anything about their own team of interest. It's su that takes every chance to poke fun at UND (because they can't get past comparing themselves to big brother). Do you want a list - I can start one.
  • Upvote 1

Better to point out arrogance and inaccuracies and be called a troll that be a ass kisser!

You tried calling Faison classless without knowing facts to the situation and were completely wrong. I'd say that is as classless as it gets.

• Upvote 2

That's quite the assumption considering the ncaa doesn't even know where Fargo is

• Upvote 2

Right, your media and coaches spent a month interviewing everyone who votes in the poll when UND was ranked trying to prove everyone who voted made a mistake. That has professionalism written all over it.

• Upvote 3

A school that once employed Amy Ruley as Women's Basketball Coach shouldn't talk about class and professionalism. :p

• Upvote 2

First of all everything bison fans are assuming is pure conjecture on the handling of the banner - but they need something to talk about sime they obviously can't find anything about their own team of interest. It's su that takes every chance to poke fun at UND (because they can't get past comparing themselves to big brother). Do you want a list - I can start one.

UND is the big brother. Traditionally has been larger, for a long time NDSU (AC) felt it had something to prove. NDSU is now, the Peyton Manning to UND's Cooper ;) I kid...

A school that once employed Amy Ruley as Women's Basketball Coach shouldn't talk about class and professionalism. :p

How many titles did she bring home? ;)

How many titles did she bring home? ;)

I wasn't talking about wins and losses and titles, I was talking strictly about class and professionalism. And Ms. Ruley was sorely lacking in both. One of the sweetest wins in UND Women's Basketball history was the 1999 North Central Regional title game at Hyslop where the Sioux destroyed the Bison. I was in the student section chanting "Warm up the bus" at poor old Amy. She had that coming for a long time. :angry:

Right, your media and coaches spent a month interviewing everyone who votes in the poll when UND was ranked trying to prove everyone who voted made a mistake. That has professionalism written all over it.

How quickly that they forget about all the media baloney that went along that non-story. Do Bison fans really want to go there. There has been a lot of classless behavior associated with NDSU over the years. Where do we begin. How about Rocky.

Don't forget Rocky Hager!!!

Hard to forget a Bison coaching legend. Love seeing old interviews with him. Real fiery guy.

At least Rocky was entertaining (remember the 364 days in hell comment?). Amy was classless, tasteless and the biggest sore loser in the North Central Conference.

She was also the biggest winner in the NCC. I'd rather have her than DeHoff.

Had that been a UND banner which had arrived in Fargo, I can assure you that the result would have been No media stories, and quiet re-shipment.

The only way you can make that statement is if you are really Gene Taylor.

Otherwise, the most you can say is that you can " ... speculate that the result would have been ... "

However, as others have pointed out, your speculation and the NSDU track record may not align.

At least Rocky was entertaining (remember the 364 days in hell comment?). Amy was classless, tasteless and the biggest sore loser in the North Central Conference.

Rocky was a dousche....Amy was a great coach who hated to lose.... kind of similar to our women's coach at the time who I loved but most Bison fans hated.

So is it fact or conjecture that there were media stories by cbs, fox, tsn, forum com, etc, etc, etc? Your AD could have prevented that from happening, making the ncaa and ndsu look bad. But why do the right thing when its so much more fun to be an a**. And you wonder why GT would prefer not to associate with your athletic department.

It is over and done with . . . on one level it's no big deal. On another level it was a preventable situation, and I would prefer that these two schools tried to do the right thing by each other. This isn't the kind of thing that helps.

So is it fact or conjecture that there were media stories by cbs, fox, tsn, forum com, etc, etc, etc? Your AD could have prevented that from happening, and making the ncaa and ndsu look bad. But why do the right thing when its so much more fun to be an a**. And you wonder why GT would prefer not to associate with your athletic department.

From what I understand, Faison actually called the NCAA and made sure that the banner was shipped to UND. He is, after all, the Sith Lord of North Dakota college sports.

You tried calling Faison classless without knowing facts to the situation and were completely wrong. I'd say that is as classless as it gets.

Really - Your SID said someone in the athletic dept took pictures and tweeted about it and that's how Nelson found out and then came up to the dept. Faison said that Nelson just happen to be at the dept. that's how the press got involved. Which is it?

How quickly that they forget about all the media baloney that went along that non-story. Do Bison fans really want to go there. There has been a lot of classless behavior associated with NDSU over the years. Where do we begin. How about Rocky.

Yep I agree, Rocky would have done exactly like your AD did. What does that say about your AD? Our current Administration has some integrity from everything I have seen, and they are focused on doing things the right way.

Really - Your SID said someone in the athletic dept took pictures and tweeted about it and that's how Nelson found out and then came up to the dept. Faison said that Nelson just happen to be at the dept. that's how the press got involved. Which is it?

Yup. Nelson is a co-conspirator. They are all against you. The NCAA shipped that banner to Grand Forks after being tricked into doing it by that pit of scorpions at UND.

They are all out to get the buffalo.

• Upvote 1

The scenario you just stated is exactly how it happened. Why couldn't both of them take place?

If Faison never saw the tweet or wasn't informed of it, how would he know why Nelson was there?

Seems pretty simple to me.

Showing a banner meant to be shipped to a rival school is not classless. Bison fans think its classless because they were the "victim" in the whole situation. If it would have been the other way around, I am sure we would have seen some pics from the NDSU athletic office as well. Can't we just think that it's a funny thing that happened?? No need to question the morality of our AD. Seriously...a staff member tweeted a picture and the media got wind of it. Fiason knew about it, called GT, and then did a bunch of interviews the rest of the morning. This is funny!! Take a joke!

• Upvote 1