SiouxSports.com Forum

How will you vote June 12th?

Siouxperfan7

Measure 4  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote?

• YES - means you approve Senate Bill 2370, the effect of which would allow the University of North Dakota to discontinue the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.
    • NO - means you reject Senate Bill 2370, and require the University of North Dakota to use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

Given that this is a June election, turnout may be low, and key to the result.

Between this issue and Measure 2, which wants to eliminate property taxes without a plan to replace that revenue, I think the turnout will be much higher than normal for a primary.
  • Upvote 1

Other measures can be discussed on other threads. I would like to keep this debate and poll to Measure 4 only. Thanks.

Sorry about that, I created another thread titled "June 12 Measures" for those wishing to discuss them.

I am voting YES, and has told my parents to vote yes as well. UND's athletics need to be saved and voting yes makes that happen. Unlimited teams to schedule, better choice of recruits, and the big one.....HOME PLAYOFF GAMES!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

I am voting YES, and has told my parents to vote yes as well. UND's athletics need to be saved and voting yes makes that happen. Unlimited teams to schedule, better choice of recruits, and the big one.....HOME PLAYOFF GAMES!!!!!!

Without home playoff games, UND football will gradually decline in strength and vitality. Other schools can and will use that against us in recruiting. And the UND Women's Hockey team will suffer from this as well. Vote YES and help to ensure a healthy, successful future for UND athletics.

• Upvote 3

Without home playoff games, UND football will gradually decline in strength and vitality. Other schools can and will use that against us in recruiting. And the UND Women's Hockey team will suffer from this as well. Vote YES and help to ensure a healthy, successful future for UND athletics.

Good post!!!!

• Upvote 2

So far, 81% of SiouxSports.com members intend to support the University and its athletic programs. That is great news.

Sadly, I fear that most people that are members of the this site are much more informed on this crucial subject than are the vast majority of the potential voters that will turn out for the election..............................

• Upvote 2

So far, 81% of SiouxSports.com members intend to support the University and its athletic programs. That is great news.

Sadly, I fear that most people that are members of the this site are much more informed on this crucial subject than are the vast majority of the potential voters that will turn out for the election..............................

I bet you anything there are people who will vote no because they don't want the federal government interferring with their lives.......because they think the NCAA is part of the federal government.

I don't live in ND, nor am I a UND alumni...but if I could I would absolutely vote yes. For nothing more than because the political science behind the law is garbage.

I'm thinking the vote only being 3 to 1 on this site is bad news for UND when it comes to the statewide vote. If only 3/4 of the people who are educated on the topic vote to save UND, I can't imagine how bad it's going to be once you add in the average ND voter.

I'm thinking the vote only being 3 to 1 on this site is bad news for UND when it comes to the statewide vote. If only 3/4 of the people who are educated on the topic vote to save UND, I can't imagine how bad it's going to be once you add in the average ND voter.

There are a lot of people tired of hearing about the issue and I think most of them will vote to change it. The election may be decided by the size of that group.

There are a lot of people tired of hearing about the issue ...

I think the amount of moniker fatigue out there is underestimated.

I've been shocked in hearing it from some people I pegged to be more "Fetch" than "82".

Add in the Forum starting to tally the costs in "$$$" and it should be interesting.