SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to the Frozen Four. Who the heck should I root for

Stack

Game 1: Union vs. Ferris State. Thinking I'll root for Union because a Zajac plays on their team.

Game 2: I hate those dirty Gophers and those stinking Eagles. I have to watch one of those teams play for the national championship. I won't really root but will probably like to see BC over Minny. I will not be standing and cheering when either team scores.

Championship: Rooting for the winner of the Union /Ferris State game.

If you have any reasons I should root for someone else please let me know.

• Upvote 1

Don't worry about it. Your gut will tell you what to do. I thought I'd like BC to beat you guys in 2008, but as the game got going was pulling for UND. Then that little freak started schooling everyone. At least Michigan blew it that night.

Don't worry about it. Your gut will tell you what to do. I thought I'd like BC to beat you guys in 2008, but as the game got going was pulling for UND. Then that little freak started schooling everyone. At least Michigan blew it that night.

Like that narrows it down with BC! hahaha

Don't worry about it. Your gut will tell you what to do. I thought I'd like BC to beat you guys in 2008, but as the game got going was pulling for UND. Then that little freak started schooling everyone.

I think it was the gerbil fella.

The Gophers are the only WCHA team in the Frozen Four, cheer for the Gophers. Plus, if our is team is going to get beat they might as well get beat by the team that ultimately goes on to win it all. That makes us look better than if we were to get beat by a team that chokes in the next round. This should be an easy choice.

Not even at gunpoint..I gotta live in Mpls with the the gofer faithful...it's bad enough even when they don't make the tourney...then again, dinky town is probably due for a good riot and some car fires... ;)

Not even at gunpoint..I gotta live in Mpls with the the gofer faithful...it's bad enough even when they don't make the tourney...then again, dinky town is probably due for a good riot and some car fires... ;)

I feel your pain. Only I live in the suburbs. Living here just makes you hate them even more than you did before

I like what I heard on TV tonight. The city is already working with the U on trying to avoid another post-MN championship riot, like that last time, and like last night in Kentucky.

One thing they asked was for local businesses not to put stuff in their dumpsters.

Really?

Cheer for the NCAA to pick a decent venue for the Frozen Four. I'll root for the frozen four to never be held in a state that has no DI college hockey teams.

Talk about hostile and abusive for college hockey fans....

• Upvote 1

Cheer for the NCAA to pick a decent venue for the Frozen Four. I'll root for the frozen four to never be held in a state that has no DI college hockey teams.

Talk about hostile and abusive for college hockey fans....

It may have no college hockey teams, but there are thousands of people in Florida from the Northeast where they appreciate college hockey. According to Lou Nanne they are approaching sell out for the tournament. The people he had talked to from the arena said that there are tickets available, but they felt they had a decent chance to go over 20,000 tickets sold for each game and possibly sell out some or all of the games.
  • Upvote 1

I feel your pain. Only I live in the suburbs. Living here just makes you hate them even more than you did before

Southwest suburbs myself...only 4.5 hours to GF for home games and just a shade over an hour to Mankato for the best road trip in the WCHA...ah Mettlers...:)

I'm going to hope that the Gopher-BC game is filled with big hits and goes to 5 OTs, then whoever wins the other game will be fresher and not as banged up on Saturday and has a chance to win.

That's all I can hope for at this point.

My idea is that a gopher player has a tshirt with the sioux logo on it, and they have to forfeit. That would be Awesome!!!!

While bleaching his hair again for the Frozen 4, Rau gets a drop in his eye and is temporarily blinded. Meanwhile, Lammy sneaks a Sioux undershirt onto his jersey pile and Rau with blurry vision puts it on under his Gopher jersey. During the game Rau gets into a fight (probably the most realistic thing in this fable) and the BC kid pulls Rau's jersey over his head and reveals the Sioux jersey.

Gophers are kicked out of the tournament for wearing offensive equipment, BC gets blamed for the 'plant' and is kicked out of the tournament, Union/Ferris game becomes National Championship game.

That's not much of a stretch is it? :lol:

• Upvote 2