SiouxSports.com Forum

Heading to the Frozen Four. Who the heck should I root for

Stack

OK, here's the scenario:

Minnesota, the prohibative underdog, plays the game of their lives and beats BC (the prohibative favorite to win it all).

Meanwhile, in the other semi, the one being ignored, a pretty good team defeats another good, but not good enough team.

Minnesota overlooks the other semi-finalist on Saturday.

Union wins.

(I stole the concept from 1997 where Michigan was supposed to win it all, but instead lost to BU and then UND knocks off BU after having defeated CC.)

OK, here's the scenario:

Minnesota, the prohibative underdog, plays the game of their lives and beats BC (the prohibative favorite to win it all).

Meanwhile, in the other semi, the one being ignored, a pretty good team defeats another good, but not good enough team.

Minnesota overlooks the other semi-finalist on Saturday.

Union wins.

(I stole the concept from 1997 where Michigan was supposed to win it all, but instead lost to BU and then UND knocks off BU after having defeated CC.)

or last year when the prohibitive favorite got beat in the semis as well and the team that beat them lost in finals.

The Gophers are the only WCHA team in the Frozen Four, cheer for the Gophers. Plus, if our is team is going to get beat they might as well get beat by the team that ultimately goes on to win it all. That makes us look better than if we were to get beat by a team that chokes in the next round. This should be an easy choice.

No, that's ridiculous logic especially when you're talking about rodents. It should be an easy choice to root against the gophers. Then against BC in the title game.

No, that's ridiculous logic especially when you're talking about rodents. It should be an easy choice to root against the gophers. Then against BC in the title game.

If it was the Wisconsin Badgers or the Bemidji State Beavers playing for an NCAA title, no problem, but I will not cheer for a team to win a title because they are in the same league. The thought of cheering for the Gophers to win an NCAA title makes me physically ill. I would rather see B.C., Union or FSU win.

If it was the Wisconsin Badgers or the Bemidji State Beavers playing for an NCAA title, no problem, but I will not cheer for a team to win a title because they are in the same league. The thought of cheering for the Gophers to win an NCAA title makes me physically ill. I would rather see B.C., Union or FSU win.

Ditto.

Back in this thread someone took a (long angle) photo of the new black jersey.

Can someone down in Tampa take a better photo of just the new UND jersey?

I'll even offer to get it posted here if you send it to me via email: sicatoka at hotmail dot com <-- I typed that out so email troll-bots don't pick it up, use the @ and . if you send.