SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Simpson came in as an underager like Toewser...immediately you have high expectations. I agree his career has not been bad, and it is nowhere near over...he is the same birth year as Jordan Schmaltz...

as for the O'Donnell MacMillan line combo- I guess you could do O'Donnell, MacMillan and Parks although I don't think any of them played center last year...you could do this:

Knight with Kristo and Caggiula

Grimaldi with O'Donnell and MacMIllan

Rowney with Parks and Chyzyk

St Clair with Rodwell and Pattyn

That would also have some balanced scoring...assuming Caggiula has the tools that you expect of an 18 year old freshman and assuming Chyzyk's USHL performance translates to a Parks type player...

I also think of making Gleason a forward...having he and Rodwell on the energy line would kill the opponents with their speed

Very workable lines. I don't think Parks and McMillan are separated though. Flip Parks and O'Donnell around and that is a very likely lineup.

PS: A Gleason-Rodwell-Gaarder would make a good energy line. Not really a true center of that group, but its a line that could match up with a lot of second and third lines of UND opponents.

my thought on splitting Parks and MacMillan was due to someone's comment on Hak describing the chemistry between MacMillan and O'Donnell- who knows- as I said the other day, it is just fun prognosticating...

It will be heavy competition to skate on that fourth line...

If Gleason is playing "up" that takes away a spot too.

I think the elder MacMillan, Sanderson, Pattyn, St. Clair and Gaarder will be battling.

I think Rodwell will skate most nights.

Isn't Dillon Simpson like 19 years old? I know he was like 17 when he came to UND and still could have actually been a Senior in High School... He is relatively young for a college hockey player.

yes, he is a 93 birth year- crazy isn't it??? Most guys are still playing junior hockey and he is a junior in college. Probably a wise move if you can get the scholarship- he will earn a free degree while most guys are earning a billet.

• Upvote 1

yes, he is a 93 birth year- crazy isn't it??? Most guys are still playing junior hockey and he is a junior in college. Probably a wise move if you can get the scholarship- he will earn a free degree while most guys are earning a billet.

Yeah I am hoping we get to keep him for four years because of his age.

Isn't Dillon Simpson like 19 years old? I know he was like 17 when he came to UND and still could have actually been a Senior in High School... He is relatively young for a college hockey player.

I remember him having a fairly late birthday for his grade as well, I want to say he doesn't turn 20 until February sometime. He will graduate as a 21 year old, which is close to the age of many freshman in NCAA hockey.

my thought on splitting Parks and MacMillan was due to someone's comment on Hak describing the chemistry between MacMillan and O'Donnell- who knows- as I said the other day, it is just fun prognosticating...

I think the elder MacMillan, Sanderson, Pattyn, St. Clair and Gaarder will be battling.

When MacMillan and O'Donnell played together in Junior, O'Donnell was the center. I'm not sure if that will stay that way in the NCAA because I think MacMillan's game translates better to center (better skater, more tenacious, more of a play-maker than scorer, defensively responsible etc.) at this level.

http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2447267

Dan Senkbeil: Failure to halt, possession/consumption of alcohol by person under 21. August 31, 2012.

A week before his 21st birthday.

Now voted most likely to not make the trip to Alaska for the season opening tournament.

Half the NHL is 19, that excuse is rapidly dwindling as more and more guys are graduating early to play college. I think Bjugstad did too. However, I think Dillon has 30+ point this year. I do agree with some of you, that I too had high expectation for him. Either way I see him having a great year this year.

They played together for a shot while last year as well. However, they had chemistry in Junior A, which is a lot different than college. I still like the chemistry of Rowney, Parks and Macmillan over what he had in juniors. Just saying.

Via Schlossman's blog

Two UND players have been punished for receiving minors in possession/consumption of alcohol.

Dan Senkbeil, who was cited for a minor and for failure to halt on Aug. 31, was suspended from all team activities for two weeks. He has not yet been cleared by coach Dave Hakstol to play in games. Senkbeil received his minor one week before turning 21.

Michael Parks was cited for a minor and his punishment is being handled internally. Parks is 20.

Via Schlossman's blog

This sets the tone for the year, Hakstol knows that he has a good class coming in and there is a possibility of them going pretty far. This just reminds the rest of the team that they have big goals for this year and they better stay on the right track.

http://publicsearch....?CaseID=2447267

Dan Senkbeil: Failure to halt, possession/consumption of alcohol by person under 21. August 31, 2012.

Contrast the response here with the Bisonville response to minor and shoplifting charges for their basketball team. Bison fans make excuses for behavior. UND fans accept the players' punishment without whining.

http://www.bisonvill...-of-NDSU-minors

Contrast the response here with the Bisonville response to minor and shoplifting charges for their basketball team. Bison fans make excuses for behavior. UND fans accept the players' punishment without whining.

http://www.bisonvill...-of-NDSU-minors

Funny but that is not how I remember people here responding to Oshie's, Toew's, Frattin, et al troubles. Unless I am forgetting something. Funny if they had so out in front this should have been talked about by Sept. 2nd which was 9 days ago.