SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

jodcon

I guess I'm not feeling particularly good about today either. Kind of opposite of when the Sioux beat the gophers in Denver the last time the teams got together in the postseason, just felt like the Sioux were due. Today it feels like the gophers are due....

Dell must be huge....can't take dumb penalties......TV timeouts are a wonderful thing......

Go Sioux :D

Can't argue with your prediction, I unfortunately feel the same way. In fact, I worry that the good bounces have been used up.....Need a little magic again today, I think.

I wouldn't worry about the good bounces. We had so many incredibly bad bounces at the beginning of the year, that it'll take a couple of seasons to use them up. Go Sioux! It's going be a touch match, but I'm predicting it's ours for the taking!!!

Here's hoping for a hard fought battle and no sudden death controversial finish that will stuck in the craw of the losing teams fan base. Whatever the result, the rivalry will be stengthened because it's a meaningful game on the sport's biggest stage.

Hopefully the Sioux have Spring Break plans in Tampa with BC or Duluth.

I'm feeling alright about playing the Gophers again, you know the boys will be ready and it will be very intense. I think this will be the type of game where one mistake could make the difference. I hope for a very intense game and that the refs allow the players to decide the game and not make it a penalty fest.

Although the Goofers are due, I'm actually feeling pretty good about today's game. The Sioux should be loose and really playing with nothing to lose. If they have fun and stick to our game I think they could surprise many fans today. Win or lose, what an awesome year to be a Sioux fan.

As much as I'd like to think payback matters, it doesn't. The Gophers were a Tony Lucia muff on a two on one late in the third from advancing from that Denver regional in 2007. This game will be just as close. Gophers will need two goals from either the bottom two lines or the defensemen to have a chance.

This game could easily be decided by who adjusts better if the refs are calling it tight. The Gophers were lucky BU didn't start popping in power play goals at the beginning of the game. If they give the Sioux those chances, the Sioux will capatilize.

Bjugstad has not been nearly as effective since the beginning of Feb, but Haula has taken off. The Gophers and UND were great along the walls yesterday, not sure who will have the advantage today. The Gophers have been FAR better on the second day all year, so I'm picking my guys. But goaltending or horrific Gopher discipline could easily sway the outcome.

Even though we beat them a week ago and are the #1 seed I consider us slight underdogs, which is ok because it adds a little sense of urgency. I hope the guys feel the same way and remember how they felt when the Gophers put them down 3-0, that should be the motivation they need for a fast start.

Dell has been on his game, and we will need that to continue. Our team defense has been far better since the break, and we will need that too. Minnesota has not been playing particularly good hockey since the break, but they have picked it up in important games. It would be good if this was not one of "those games". I will pick Hak over Lucia any day of the week, and especially in post season play. He is simply the better coach. If we collect penalty minutes we will be at risk, the Gopher PP looked pretty good against BU. STAY OUTTA THE BOX BOYS!

All in all, it looks to be a great game, between great rivals who are both playing great hockey in the post season. However it turns out, I expect a good hockey game. Let's just hope the officials don't spoil it.

Although the Goofers are due, I'm actually feeling pretty good about today's game. The Sioux should be loose and really playing with nothing to lose. If they have fun and stick to our game I think they could surprise many fans today. Win or lose, what an awesome year to be a Sioux fan.

Well said!!!!!

Does anyone have a lead on finding the game on the internet? Justintv? Espn? ncaa? etc?

If you have internet through Midco you can go to http://www.espn360.com and view the live stream.

Very good quality, just like watching it on a TV.

Boy am I nervous for this one. Goofs are going to want some revenge. It will be hard to beat them twice in two weeks.