SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

Wow, that had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Definitly room for improvement tomm. night. I saw in the last 2 minutes that a player was going off the ice shaking his hand, any idea who that was?

I saw that too and thought it looked like Gleason, hopefully its nothing that will keep him out.

Anyone see the first Sioux goal closely? We were on the other end of the rink, and I was sure someone (Sioux) was standing in the crease when the puck went out and back in to score. Tech coaches wanted a review, but even after discussion refs did NOT review it, just counted it. Any explanation why it as not waved off?

Alright. Fair is fair. I have been trying to post to both the "live chat" and this forum pretty much the same. At first, my "live chats" were anything but (censored and sometimes did not show up). Now, after some innocuous posts, I seem to be posting within a minute (still rather slow by "live chat" standards, and still clearly moderated (censored).......

Just for the record you do realize that there are 1000's of fans that post on these things and the moderators have a hard time keeping up...

Anyone see the first Sioux goal closely? We were on the other end of the rink, and I was sure someone (Sioux) was standing in the crease when the puck went out and back in to score. Tech coaches wanted a review, but even after discussion refs did NOT review it, just counted it. Any explanation why it as not waved off?

because he did not interfere with the goalie...

When the goalie is laying on the ice five feet from the net towards the corner, the Sioux player that WAS in the crease didn't interfer with the goalie or to hinder him from making a save! It really made MTU coaches and the player that jumped on the ice to get the officials attention look silly!

It was a lord farqewad (guazdekky) (sp?) moment!!

• Upvote 1

Wow, that had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Definitly room for improvement tomm. night. I saw in the last 2 minutes that a player was going off the ice shaking his hand, any idea who that was?

It was Gleason. He was shaking his head because he'd missed a nice chance from the slot right before.

It used to be that a player could not be in the crease before the puck entered the crease. That rule was changed several years ago. A player can now be in the crease as long as he is not interfering with the goalie or if he was pushed into the crease by the goalie's teammate. In this particular case Knight was clearly in the crease. Robinson was laying flat on the ice to the side of the crease and was making no attempt to get back onto his feet. Knight was not close enough to him to interfere.

It could be that MTU wanted a review based on the possibility that Robinson was knocked down by a Sioux player, but that didn't happen either.

Agreed about it being a pretty clean game. I was worried with the last puck drop with 1.8 seconds left in the neutral zone. But the players just skated away from each other and went to their goalies. I thought with UND being the goons and thugs that they are they'd clearly be fighting players from Tech or having the coaches yelling back and forth at each other...ala Pride on Ice.

The refs that worked this game were for the most part pretty good. I am sort of afraid of tonights game because it seemed like the penalties were more weighed against tech. BUT i would have to say that it was not because of bad calls. Butch does a really decent job in calling a game.

Tonight's lines

UND’s lines

29 Brock Nelson–10 Corban Knight–7 Danny Kristo

16 Mark MacMillan–27 Carter Rowney–15 Michael Parks

28 Stephane Pattyn–9 Mario Lamoureux–20 Joe Gleason

8 Dan Senkbeil–13 Connor Gaarder–14 Taylor Dickin

4 Derek Forbort–24 Ben Blood

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–22 Andrew Panzarella

31 Brad Eidsness

35 Tate Maris

Michigan Tech’s lines