SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics Complex

GeauxSioux

Just wondering, but I had heard that the EERC wanted some of the land after the old REA gets torn down. My question is for what? Are they planning on another addition or something?

They are always planning an addition. They actually wanted all of the land. But it was part of the athletic department, plus EERC still has some land, so athletics got it.

Makes ya realize they had a pretty small amount til now.

Exactly. So beyond the Altru donation they only have 1 or 2 million for the project that has been public for 3 or 4 years? I thought part of the Spirit Fund was supposed to go to the IPF. I'm assuming there are some funds that they are waiting to come in to at least get the project started. Kind of a "Build part of it and they will come" philosophy.

Awsome news. Only concern I have is that WDAZ was saying that UND has $11 million in hand for the $19.5 million project. I hope this doesn't turn out like the BSA rennovation in Fargo, which has been going on for, what, 10 years now?

It's a multiphase project that requires 13 mill to start and complete phase 1. We're not far off. Remember all that talk about big donors wanting something big to give to? Well here it is. Altru created very valuable momentum, that's all it takes.

how much time ? 40 million worth ? ?

If you want to move all the coaches offices to the Alerus along with sports medicine and academic center and an updating training facility I'm sure you could spend 40 million. Good thing the IPC is only going to cost $19 million.

• Upvote 2

It is actually going to cost 20 Million; none of which coming from the taxpayers so you can settle down. Plus, the kids in the community are going to be able to use this as well so its going to benefit everyone.

According to the promo, every athletic team will be using this facility (with exception of hockey, I would imagine) as well as students studying in the sports medicine program. So it's not just a indoor practice facility it's also a classroom.

• Upvote 1

According to the promo, every athletic team will be using this facility (with exception of hockey, I would imagine) as well as students studying in the sports medicine program. So it's not just a indoor practice facility it's also a classroom.

How about the business and revenues it will bring to the Grand Forks business community when hosting high school and college events?

This is a win for everyone in GF, with the exception of hockey, who has no need for it.

How about the business and revenues it will bring to the Grand Forks business community when hosting high school and college events?

This is a win for everyone in GF, with the exception of hockey, who has no need for it.

I believe that even the hockey teams will get some use of it. They are planning to do a lot of injury rehab there for UND athletes, so I would guess that injured hockey players may spend some time in the building.

• 7 months later...