SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR predictions

jimdahl

Hmm that's funny. The Pairwise would say otherwise on our rating. Sweep of Western in their barn, 3 at providence, 3 at DU, split with Notre Dame. Good stuff. If I squint real hard I may be able to see UND in the pairwise rankings somewhere "Mr Stoney-no name". I'll give you a play by play of the NCAA's while you and your no names enjoy thr golf course. Do me a favor, warm up the Tee box for me, I'll be out April 8th

Did GPL finally ban you for trolling, so you came on over to our neck of the woods? ;)

I'll agree that UMD is a legitimate team this year, but they definitely have shown to be a bit inconsistent (just like every team this year, it seems). They will certainly be a tough team during the NCAA's.

Regarding our PWR ranking...while UND could still make the tourney, I won't be shocked if they don't. The story of this season will be the injuries that UND has had to try to overcome.

UMD Hockey = One Title, Endless Trolling? :whistling::lol:

• Upvote 1

Hmm that's funny. The Pairwise would say otherwise on our rating. Sweep of Western in their barn, 3 at providence, 3 at DU, split with Notre Dame. Good stuff. If I squint real hard I may be able to see UND in the pairwise rankings somewhere "Mr Stoney-no name". I'll give you a play by play of the NCAA's while you and your no names enjoy thr golf course. Do me a favor, warm up the Tee box for me, I'll be out April 8th

Ah, I love trolls coming over here prognosticating on a season that's not over yet. Okay, I'll play. It's unwise to count out a team. Remember when UMD won the final five a few years ago and without that run wouldn't have made the tournament? Yeah, so I'd be quiet. I don't think much of UMD, but that goes for pretty much every team I've seen this year. Parity is outstanding this year. So I'd be careful about who you talk about going golfing... Doubt UMD is going to have an easy road in the NCAA's this year after their cakewalk last year.

Did GPL finally ban you for trolling, so you came on over to our neck of the woods? ;)

isn't he the clown that got kicked off the PA show and had to come groveling back the next week over the Kristo comments? :lol:

don't give in to his trollness as he laughs on twitter about it.

But you guys are saying 2 more losses and there's no getting in without winning the wcha? Thanks

There are so many possibilities remaining that it's less certain than that, and more a set of probabilities.

To stand a better than 50% chance of ending the regular season in position to make the NCAA tournament, UND can only lose two more.

However, there are less likely scenarios in which UND can lose 3 or 4 (or more) additional games and still be in position to make the NCAA tournament.

There's also the possibility of not winning the WCHA tournament, but still getting a big boost from it (e.g. sweep the opening round, win one or two games against just the right team, then get a loss), though that becomes a bit of a longer shot.

It's funny how a single postseason can change the outlook of a fanbase.

If there's one thing both UND and UMD fans should have learned from last year, it's that what a team does in the games leading up to the posteason really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot.

UMD could be on our end of the spectrum this year and we could surprise everyone.

Just make the tourney and take care of business!

It's funny how a single postseason can change the outlook of a fanbase.

If there's one thing both UND and UMD fans should have learned from last year, it's that what a team does in the games leading up to the posteason really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot.

UMD could be on our end of the spectrum this year and we could surprise everyone.

Just make the tourney and take care of business!

I bolded the first sentence. I live in Duluth and it's like any other city that just won its first National Title. The "Fans" are coming out from everywhere. To me, the most disappointing part is the lack of coverage UMD gets over here. They have an area population of over 115,000 people, yet have a hockey arena 1/2 the size of UND's. And they still struggle to fill Amsoil Arena. It's just strange to me that this city doesn't support the team better.

isn't he the clown that got kicked off the PA show and had to come groveling back the next week over the Kristo comments? :lol:

don't give in to his trollness as he laughs on twitter about it.

Yep, that is the same clown...best to just ignore.

I bolded the first sentence. I live in Duluth and it's like any other city that just won its first National Title. The "Fans" are coming out from everywhere. To me, the most disappointing part is the lack of coverage UMD gets over here. They have an area population of over 115,000 people, yet have a hockey arena 1/2 the size of UND's. And they still struggle to fill Amsoil Arena. It's just strange to me that this city doesn't support the team better.

I think "struggle to fill Amsoil" is disingenuous: Duluth is averaging over 6300 attendance in a rink that lists 6751 as a "sellout". That's selling 94% of available seats, which I wouldn't characterize as a "struggle".

And when we run out of good materials, we go to posting pictures of people and their family because we have no comeback. Classy Moderator on this board to let things go that far. Wow, I know I wouldn't stand for that on my message board. But damn is my wife hot in that picture. Most ladies don't wear a jersey that well.

As for pride, my pride is laughing all the way to my free pair of lower bowl seats to the next years final 5, and a fat $250.00 check. Yep, I'll swallow my pride for that again tomorrow.

Steering this thread back on track from people and comments better ignored, nothing has really changed the last few weeks as far as PWR goes, we still need to win at least 2 of the 4 games at Duluth/Denver.

Does anybody know if we are going to get anybody back who's been out for the Duluth series?

Who is there to get back. I think that Forbort was it. Sounded like o'donnel was a year ending kind of injury. I may be wrong on o'donnel but who else is there?

So everybody who is not playing is done for the year? I guess I haven't been watching the injury news close enough.

This is going to be an interesting month, the guys we have standing will be battle-tested by the time the tourney starts.

odonell's may or may not be season ending at this point. they said they would know more the following week after it happened and we haven't heard anything since. they announced rodwell was done as well as grimaldi so need to hold back on this one. it might be serious but he could also be back later this season.

Really? A picture of a person in a public place posted on a public forum shouldn't be allowed without their permission? Didn't know it was his family until you said it. Maybe we shouldn't be allowed to talk about someone without their permission either.