SiouxSports.com Forum

This bothers me, does it bother you?

bigskyvikes

Sitting in my seat at the Ralph, enjoying the play of the boys. Some (lets be nice here) guy behind me, every weekend, yells

at the Sioux players when they get the puck behind Dell's net waiting for a move from the opponent! While there they hold the puck and wait to set up the play and I hear "Come on, lets go, geez!" Like the players are going to look up at him and say, "oops sorry I forgot to move" Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me?

Like any drunk in the stands can tell any of the players the better way to play the game.

I know just ignore it, but that's me, GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

It's hard to comprehend around these parts, but UND has its share of idiot fans as well.

The only thing I give him props for his actually doing something. Half the people at the Ralph you wouldn't know if they were reading the morning newspaper or at the best hockey facility in college hockey. Having 11,000 idiot, but loud, hockey fans would be collectively more entertaining than your average Sioux game is...from a crowd perspective.

• Upvote 2

I have sat in three different areas over the yrs & always had someone either next to me or close that was very outspoken or yelled at the players or refs. Some were entertaining others annoying. & one I really learned a lot about the game back when I was a newbie

Now I have a couple that question lots of things & it is interesting to hear what they answer to each other - they are smart & really into the game & we all get excited when we do well .

It is better than having know nothings & those that get up & going out constantly or the jumping jacks that can't sit in their seat when anything happens - right in your view of the game - THAT IS THE MOST IRRITATING THING YOU CAN HAVE AT A GAME

Some of that is the ushers telling the students to be quiet, hence the term St. Ralph's Catherdal some of the ushers would make good librarians.

Excuse me?? We do not shush.

The best time with an idiot was the one that sat behind me and every time UND did something that he didn't like, he said "that would never cut it in the WCHA." or "I wouldn't have let them do that, Hak".

• Upvote 1

Sitting in my seat at the Ralph, enjoying the play of the boys. Some (lets be nice here) guy behind me, every weekend, yells

at the Sioux players when they get the puck behind Dell's net waiting for a move from the opponent! While there they hold the puck and wait to set up the play and I hear "Come on, lets go, geez!" Like the players are going to look up at him and say, "oops sorry I forgot to move" Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me?

Like any drunk in the stands can tell any of the players the better way to play the game.

I know just ignore it, but that's me, GO SIOUX!!!

Because guys like this don't really understand the way the game is supposed to be played, they are the same people who think that you should pass on every down in football and shoot 3's every time down the court when you're behind in basketball. My guess is this guy is the biggest fan in the world...when his team is ahead.

I've endured people like this all the way from my kids 4th grade basketball tournaments to attending pro sports, and one thing comes to mind every time...keep talking idiot, confirm what everybody suspects.

It is better than having know nothings & those that get up & going out constantly or the jumping jacks that can't sit in their seat when anything happens - right in your view of the game - THAT IS THE MOST IRRITATING THING YOU CAN HAVE AT A GAME

I guess you would consider me a jumping jack. I think part of the experience and fun is getting into the game. Standing when something good is about to happen is part of that. Are you unable to stand?

I stood twice last night during the game thinking we were about to score, including when the puck was at the goal line when a UNO player came and swept it out. I don't know if the people behind me care or not as they've never said anything, but even if they did I'd still stand because it's an involuntary reflex to an exciting play.

Also, I love when a player gets the puck and people yell "GO!! GO!!" as if the players are not aware they need to skate towards the offensive zone. That ranks right up there with the "SHOOT!!" yellers, regardless of whether there's a shooting lane or not. But that being said, and as was alluded to earlier, at least we had 11,719 people in our barn last night, most of whom are willing to yell something!

• Upvote 1

My favorite is when I was at the at the WCHA playoff series against the Gophs a couple years ago. Minnesota got a penalty with about 1 second left in the game and when I was walking out I had 3 people giving me crap saying, "Wow your team sucks and you start with a penalty tomorrow!" I just laughed and kept walking because I didn't want to explain the game to someone haha

This is my first year as a season ticket holder and I am not exactly happy with the crowd around me. I have a guy just to our left that is a 50 year old dude who is the obnoxious yeller, but you can kind of ignore him. Right behind us are 4 people, two girls and two guys that won't stop talking about their random lives. They act as if they are long lost friends that haven't seen each other for 5 years. My question is this. Are the chances good that when I relocate my tickets for next year I will not run into this again or am I basically screwed?

My favorite is when I was at the at the WCHA playoff series against the Gophs a couple years ago. Minnesota got a penalty with about 1 second left in the game and when I was walking out I had 3 people giving me crap saying, "Wow your team sucks and you start with a penalty tomorrow!" I just laughed and kept walking because I didn't want to explain the game to someone haha

You didn't wanna have to explain that your teams doesn't such? ;)

Few years ago at the Frozen Five I was walking on the Suite level and had 3 girls in Gopher jerseys walking toward me.....as I get even with them one of them says "The Sioux fu^kin suck. I glance back and see that 2 of them are wearing Kaufman jerseys so I say "hey are you Kaufman's sister or girlfriend?". One of them says "why do you ask that?" I said "Well who the hell would wear an Eric Kaufman Jersey?" She says "it's Evan" and I said "Eric, Evan, whatever" I laughed all the way back to the Suite.

Few years ago at the Frozen Five I was walking on the Suite level and had 3 girls in Gopher jerseys walking toward me.....as I get even with them one of them says "The Sioux fu^kin suck. I glance back and see that 2 of them are wearing Kaufman jerseys so I say "hey are you Kaufman's sister or girlfriend?". One of them says "why do you ask that?" I said "Well who the hell would wear an Eric Kaufman Jersey?" She says "it's Evan" and I said "Eric, Evan, whatever" I laughed all the way back to the Suite.

Frozen Five :crazy:

Good point tho, who would wear a Kaufman jersey?

It is a matter of consideration

Imagine you had a person in front of you that always stood up when they were about to score & he was faster than you

Then think of all the people in the rows behind you - all have to be faster than the one in front of them

If all sit - all see the action - as soon as the puck goes in jump up & go as crazy as you want to

You just have to learn to control yourself & not be so self centered & inconsiderate

• Upvote 1