SiouxSports.com Forum

This bothers me, does it bother you?

bigskyvikes

This is my first year as a season ticket holder and I am not exactly happy with the crowd around me. I have a guy just to our left that is a 50 year old dude who is the obnoxious yeller, but you can kind of ignore him. Right behind us are 4 people, two girls and two guys that won't stop talking about their random lives. They act as if they are long lost friends that haven't seen each other for 5 years. My question is this. Are the chances good that when I relocate my tickets for next year I will not run into this again or am I basically screwed?

I think you could call the ticket office and relocate your tickets next season.

i'll play the middle of the road here. i love it when the ralph is rocking. it makes for a great environment. unfortunately that doesn't happen every game, but it does happen to those of you who constantly complain about how the ralph lacks atmosphere. ask the previous players or coaches, they will tell you that when the ralph is rocking, its a definate home ice advantage, but like i said, it isn't happening every game. on the flip side, i think the random, drunk person yelling things that make no sense is idiotic. it doesn't add to the atmosphere, and just makes sioux fans look ignorant. most of us know not to judge an entire group by its idiots, because we all have them, but senseless yelling adds nothing positive to the atmosphere. now if we could get a playoff feel every game and we were all on our feet cheering i would be all for it, but the reality is that probably isn't going to happen.

i'll play the middle of the road here. i love it when the ralph is rocking. it makes for a great environment. unfortunately that doesn't happen every game, but it does happen to those of you who constantly complain about how the ralph lacks atmosphere. ask the previous players or coaches, they will tell you that when the ralph is rocking, its a definate home ice advantage, but like i said, it isn't happening every game. on the flip side, i think the random, drunk person yelling things that make no sense is idiotic. it doesn't add to the atmosphere, and just makes sioux fans look ignorant. most of us know not to judge an entire group by its idiots, because we all have them, but senseless yelling adds nothing positive to the atmosphere. now if we could get a playoff feel every game and we were all on our feet cheering i would be all for it, but the reality is that probably isn't going to happen.

I think the Ralph has been loud times this season, at the end of the Maverick game it was pretty loud.

Considering I've been to, I don't know, literally a thousand+ sporting events on every level of competition, and I've been asked to sit exactly ONCE in my life (someone was unaware of the stand until the first whistle tradition), I would say my propensity to stand for an exciting play is not a problem. And if I were to encounter someone who did find a problem with it I would think, based on the sample size of my game experience, they would be in the distinct minority on this issue. But, if they were respectful in their request that I try to remain seated, I would attempt to honor their request. But if the request came with a sense of entitlement and/or arrogance, then no, I wouldn't change a thing.

• Upvote 2

How about sit down so everyone can see :silly:

Unless you are physically unable to stand up or have a hard time doing so, I will continue to stand for scoring plays and exciting moments in the game. You are at a sporting event. If you want to relax in your recliner at home and watch the game with your feet up and a drink in your hand, that's fine. But when you are at the sporting event, get involved in the game and cheer and get excited. Its OK, they allow that. If you do not want to cheer and get excited, why did you come to the game?! There are two type of people that attent sporting events...spectators and fans. I am a fan so I will act like one at a game. For all you spectators out there, try being a fan once. It is much more fun than telling people not to be one.

• Upvote 4

One pet peeve of mine (and it is noticeable during the Final Five games at the X) is that you can tell the Sioux fans from everyone else because the local fans here understand the need to wait for the whistle before scampering to their seat or up the steps. The last time I was in Grand Forks, I had to get up every six seconds to let 3-8 people by me so they could go grab a beer. I'm all in favor of standing and cheering and being a hockey fan, but doesn't anyone actually WATCH the game without leaving their seat for a beer/potty break every 30 seconds? I'd much rather watch a game knowing I don't have to divert people traffic all around me while the puck is in play.

[quote name='MafiaMan' timestamp='1

323824477' post='531044']

One pet peeve of mine (and it is noticeable during the Final Five games at the X) is that you can tell the Sioux fans from everyone else because the local fans here understand the need to wait for the whistle before scampering to their seat or up the steps. The last time I was in Grand Forks, I had to get up every six seconds to let 3-8 people by me so they could go grab a beer. I'm all in favor of standing and cheering and being a hockey fan, but doesn't anyone actually WATCH the game without leaving their seat for a beer/potty break every 30 seconds? I'd much rather watch a game knowing I don't have to divert people traffic all around me while the puck is in play.

Saturday NIght, UNO we were up 1-0 with around one minute left and there was a whistle. I stood up for the face off and to cheer and i was told to sit down while they played the "Make Some Noise" Sounder. That was Sad.

Wait...you were cheering at a sporting event? Is that allowed? Don't they prosecute you for doing that??? If the guy would have just waitied, I am guessing you would have probably sat down once the puck dropped!!

I could out cheer you after the goal is in the net - But I would never make some one behind me miss the action .........Grow up take some logic & ethic classes :)

Yes I agree. I would like to see the game with out looking up or standing up screening people behind me.

I will have to disagree with you. As a season ticket holder, that is extremely rare in my section, and when it does, people get 'da business! "PUCKS IN PLAY"! is what everyone yells. One problem with the Ralph is the long rows. People start heading up at a whistle, but can't get to their seats by the time they drop the puck again. I am patient when this happens, but agree if someone gets up when the puck is in play, it is verrrry annoying.

• Upvote 1

Saturday NIght, UNO we were up 1-0 with around one minute left and there was a whistle. I stood up for the face off and to cheer and i was told to sit down while they played the "Make Some Noise" Sounder. That was Sad.

Were you in the lower bowl, by chance? I have noticed different fans down there vs the rubes in the upper level.

I'll bet a good study would show a lot of enlarged prostate problems in GF. It's that potato chip factory.

• Upvote 1