SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis

bincitysioux

I've been a naysayer about Mussman all year....but as up and down as this team has been all year long....how in the hell can this team be playing in the conference championship next Saturday? It just, I mean how in the world.... :lol:

If they win this Saturday and finish the year 8-3...it would be the most disappointing 8-3 conference championship season in the history of Sioux football. And of course, no coach that wins a conference championship would or should lose his job at the end of the season.

The Bison will be just fine. There still going to get to host 2 or 3 games at the Fargodome. I have to admit though that their defense looked pretty ordinary today. I think they gave up like 500 yards. I am just glad we had our denfense playing for us today rather than the Bison's. Our defense was spectacular today.

Ordinary?.....The Herd looked like $hit for most of the game. Vigen called a lousy game and the offense failed to execute. The defensive secondary was like a leaky sieve (put that in there for you UND hockey guys), the offense couldn't execute for $hit. The Herd deserved to loose and YSU totally earned the win. If the Bison play like that in the playoffs, it is going to be a very short run.

As for UND.....it sounds like they are coming around. Work to do, but should hold their own in the Sky next season........but probably won't be able to handle the Montanas.

As for UND.....it sounds like they are coming around. Work to do, but should hold their own in the Sky next season........but probably won't be able to handle the Montanas.

If we don't get a good QB for next season, we'll have trouble beating Northern Colorado again. Nothing would end the honeymoon of being accepted into the Big Sky Conference like a 3-8 season and a couple of double-digit beatdowns by teams like Montana and Montana State.

Is there any doubt the Big Sky gets teams ready for a national championship than more than the MVFC?

Only 1 team in the MFVC has a football championship since its inception 1985: Youngstown State in 1997. The first year they joined the conference.

While the Big Sky has 3 during the same time (since 1985, even though the Big Sky has been around longer than that.) It might be unfair to include the Big Sky football championships like Boise State, Idaho State. and Montana State.

But.......thats why the games are played. Nothing more exciting than an upset.

Just ask Boise State about this. I bet they are all sorts of excited ;)

I get what you are saying though. Upsets keep the games actually being played rather than just simulated on computers.

Is there any doubt the Big Sky gets teams ready for a national championship than more than the MVFC?

Only 1 team in the MFVC has a football championship since its inception 1985: Youngstown State in 1997. The first year they joined the conference.

While the Big Sky has 3 during the same time (since 1985, even though the Big Sky has been around longer than that.) It might be unfair to include the Big Sky football championships like Boise State, Idaho State. and Montana State.

I think over all the MVFC is much stronger than the Sky. The problem is the teams pound the hell out of each other durning the regular season and injuries are a major factor by the end and it is almost impossible to run the table. When you look at the Sky, the only powerhouse year after year is Montana. After that it is pretty hit and miss. EWU was just a flash in the pan and will likely return to a middling Big Sky team. Montana State has shown more promise, but not with the consistent performance of the Griz.

I think over all the MVFC is much stronger than the Sky. The problem is the teams pound the hell out of each other durning the regular season and injuries are a major factor by the end and it is almost impossible to run the table. When you look at the Sky, the only powerhouse year after year is Montana. After that it is pretty hit and miss. EWU was just a flash in the pan and will likely return to a middling Big Sky team. Montana State has shown more promise, but not with the consistent performance of the Griz.

Oh, so thats why the MVFC never even comes close to sniffing the NC game. Because they are so deep and physical. Makes a ton of sense.

Other than UNI and bigtime cheating YSU, who has done anything, ever? Face it, your the Big Ten of FCS football.

I just couldn't resist. All the arrogance that has come out of Fargo this season is absolutely nauseating. You would think they are angling to move up to FBS and aim for the BCS. They will be a contender in the playoffs, but today's loss should bring them back down to earth a little bit.

Well, I don't blame them for the loss. After all, there are so many early black Friday specials at Best Buy this time of year, it's bound to be a distraction for the Bison football team!

• Upvote 1

Oh, so thats why the MVFC never even comes close to sniffing the NC game. Because they are so deep and physical. Makes a ton of sense.

Other than UNI and bigtime cheating YSU, who has done anything, ever? Face it, your the Big Ten of FCS football.

Think what you want......but you are wrong as hell. Tell me who the power schools are in the sky? There is only one ....... Montana..... The MCFV is about parity, the Big Sky is not. Now......you better go back to your hockey forum. LOL! ;)

I aasume you consider UNI a power team out of the MVFC. UNI strugled to beat the last place team out of the Great West yesterday. Just because you say everyone in the MVFC is about the same and balanced doesn't mean the conference is the best one around. Traditionally the Big Sky has been a better conference than the MVFC.

I've never agreed with this line of thinking. The NCC beat each other up every year and all that did is sharpen whichever team made it to the playoffs. While you could make a case it made it more difficult to make the playoffs, you certainly can't make a case that it meant an NCC team was less likely to win the national title when they made the field.
  • Upvote 3

Having seen the Aggie/North Dakota in person, neither team deserved to win the game but the Aggies tried harder to lose it so they deserve the loss. It at least meant something for North Dakota to win. If this is the best the Great West can come up with, and I'm talking about all five teams- then I fear for next year. The four of us in the Big Sky are going to be to fighting with Weber State, Northern Arizona, Portland State and Sac State for the also-ran title. We can at least hope to beat Northern Colorado and Idaho State. A number of us were beginning to hope that the game didn't go into overtime because it was BORING.

Think what you want......but you are wrong as hell. Tell me who the power schools are in the sky? There is only one ....... Montana..... The MCFV is about parity, the Big Sky is not. Now......you better go back to your hockey forum. LOL! ;)

Big Sky usually has at least 3 good teams. Last year it was EWU, MSU, and UM (but UM missed out of playoffs). This year PSU is looking pretty good although they'll probably miss the playoffs because of the 7 DI win rule. Their 3 losses are to an FBS and to two top 10 FCS teams. The MVFC looks pretty top-heavy to me too. Once you get past NDSU and UNI, who is obviously better than the 3rd place Big Sky team this year? Or last year?

come talk to us native americans when you actually have a big win in football since we dont skate.

in the meantime, you will be cellar dweller's in big cloudy for years to come.

come talk to us native americans when you actually have a big win in football since we dont skate.

in the meantime, you will be cellar dweller's in big cloudy for years to come.

I can't imagine anyone with a life so empty they would want to go and "talk" to you. Considering you are no longer Lakota (Lako Tanolonger), what the hell are you other than a troll? I seriously doubt you are Native. I would guess you are still suffering from your yesterday's loss hangover. If you are Native you are an embarassment to your culture. You show no evidence of intelligence, courage or class.