SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what would the vote numbers have to be to dissolve that contract?

unanimous, 51% or more?

well over half of the schools would with be scooped up by the SEC, big10, or big 12 

There is no out clause but time, 2036.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

PAC meeting started at 0700 Pac time.

Supposedly, ... media deal is $20M per and all streaming (no linear TV) ... and allegedly the PAC commish has resigned.

Been nice knowing you PAC12 ... 

Well, now things get interesting across the board - I think your 4 (CU, UU, ASU, UA) - 2 (UO, UW) could be in play at this point.  Still don't know what Stanford and UC-Berkeley are going to do.

2 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Well, now things get interesting across the board - I think your 4 (CU, UU, ASU, UA) - 2 (UO, UW) could be in play at this point.  Still don't know what Stanford and UC-Berkeley are going to do.

Of my 4-4-2, it sure looks like the first 4 (CU/AU/UU/ASU) is happening.

Of my second 4, I still see UW/UO (reduced shares for a while) to B1G but could see a scenario with Cali-Stan landing in the ACC (not the B1G). 

If all that happens, WasSU and OrSU keep the name and invite the MWC in toto. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Of my second 4, I still see UW/UO (reduced shares for a while) to B1G but could see a scenario with Cali-Stan landing in the ACC (not the B1G). 

gimme your mwc teams to pac12?

them gimme your backfills to mwc...

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I agree, I don't think the Pac 12 is going away.  The Pac - 12 has a seat at the P5 Table.  They have reasonable group of schools to select from.  It just depends on how big OSU and WSU want to go.  Do you stay Western/Southwestern US or go national.  You have:

1)  MW - SDSU, UNLV, Colorado St, Boise, Hawaii - maybe Freno

2)  American - Rice, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, USF, Temple, UT-SA

3)  Make a play for all Military Schools (Army, Navy AFA)

All are options, it's a major rebuilding project.  But it is the NIL era, and a local business or booster can make a big difference in a hurry.

If the entire MWC joins Wazzu and Oregon State in the PAC12, would that group of schools get to keep the NCAA unites earned from both conferences?  That could be a reason for the remaining PAC schools to invite everyone, rather than to leave a school like Wyoming to rebuild the Mountain West.  

14 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If the entire MWC joins Wazzu and Oregon State in the PAC12, would that group of schools get to keep the NCAA unites earned from both conferences?  That could be a reason for the remaining PAC schools to invite everyone, rather than to leave a school like Wyoming to rebuild the Mountain West.  

how many units does the mwc have?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

"in toto" - as a whole 

The MWC no longer exists as an entity; it reincarnates with WasSU/OrSU under the PAC name. 

And the west loses another FBS conference (see: old WAC). 

hope wyoming is left with the mwc bag and a new Mountain East Conference forms...............