SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

The bball team has played one game...that is worth counting anyway. 0-1. When you are counting "stars" this early in the season it shows an obvious troll attempt.

What was UND's record against the Summit last year eh?

We also would have accepted conference RPI comparison? Your two go to's

Our women's team is 1-0 this year.

• 2 weeks later...

The last independent, NJIT, looks no longer available to the Summit. NJIT is adding men's lacrosse with a goal of starting in 2015. Men's lacrosse is a core sport for America East, which is certainly a target and adding lacrosse appears to be the ticket to membership.

And isn't the end of 2014 they have to find a member (and not a DII school either), or they lose an autobid? If so, I wonder if NDSU, SDSU, and/or USD will be thinking the Big Sky looks better all the time. (for those fans of the 3 schools I mention, I am talking about a non-football member as the MVFC is solid).

What is the procedure like for losing a basketball autobid? Has it ever happened?

Normally, a conference usually just dissolves like the Great Midwest and the Metro. The Summit actually merged with the East Coast Conference to survive, killing the ECC off. But the NCAA rules are now different, so its more likely that a conference can still survive by maintaining single sports bids in women's basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc while losing its money-making bid for men

s basketball. For the Summit, it has to find a way for six baseball teams to keep its basketball bid. Right now it has NDSU, SDSU, W Ill, IPFW and UNO would qualify in 2015. By NCAA rules, it will lose its bid if it doesn't get at least one more team and apply for a waiver for an additional year.

And isn't the end of 2014 they have to find a member (and not a DII school either), or they lose an autobid? If so, I wonder if NDSU, SDSU, and/or USD will be thinking the Big Sky looks better all the time. (for those fans of the 3 schools I mention, I am talking about a non-football member as the MVFC is solid).

usd's call will go unanswered at big sky headquarters...

So a question that I have been wondering about our Big Sky Conference. Idaho joins next year in all sports except football. We know that basketball will not be split in divisions (from what I read), but other sports like volleyball will. What do you think (or heard rumblings of) will be the spilt.

So a question that I have been wondering about our Big Sky Conference. Idaho joins next year in all sports except football. We know that basketball will not be split in divisions (from what I read), but other sports like volleyball will. What do you think (or heard rumblings of) will be the spilt.

In think a more north/south may be the split (IMO).

North:

EWU, UI, ISU, UM, MSU, UND,

South:

PSU, Sac St, NAU, WSU, SUU, UNC

_____Volley, your thoughts on Oral Roberts returning to the Summit? I didn't see any prognostication from you about this, is your crystal ball functioning correctly? or are you full of crap like the rest of us are?

Volley is officially on adminstrative leave . . . there was no comment from his office.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I did not see that coming... very strange. What does this say about the Southland? Now for the important details - since Tulsa already taken a school named Tulsa. Do they go by Oral Bob, Bob Oral, Tulsa Bob, or Bob Tulsa - I need some help on this ... don't like any of those.

Wow, I did not see that coming... very strange. What does this say about the Southland? Now for the important details - since Tulsa already taken a school named Tulsa. Do they go by Oral Bob, Bob Oral, Tulsa Bob, or Bob Tulsa - I need some help on this ... don't like any of those.

Tulsa Oral

BJU?

And wasn't a reason they left due to the SL deciding to move their conference tourney for men's bb annually in Sioux Falls? Might there be some concessions on that front if so?