SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

SV was talking movement to the WAC and WAC football for years, no?   He was on to something.

As usual, this is different than what he had in mind, but he defiantly thought outside the box, and he would def have a unique take on what is currently happening. 

A lot of people seem to think that the WAC is going to Dump Chicago State, and their AD, in a post linked I think by Sioux Volley, made a presentation to some type of schoold board that he was looking at potential conference changes... named the OVC and Horizon, specifically, if I remember correctly.  Really would hope and think the summit would or did say NO to them.

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

SV was talking movement to the WAC and WAC football for years, no?   He was on to something.

Yes, with the distinct difference that it was always a path to FBS and UND was somehow involved.
He had a knack for finding obscure bits of info but always just read a bit too much into them. His insight was always interesting to read even if I didn't agree with most of it. 

9 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

A lot of people seem to think that the WAC is going to Dump Chicago State, and their AD, in a post linked I think by Sioux Volley, made a presentation to some type of schoold board that he was looking at potential conference changes... named the OVC and Horizon, specifically, if I remember correctly.  Really would hope and think the summit would or did say NO to them.

I don't even know how that school is still open, let alone supporting athletics.

6 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Is the Wac fbs or fcs?

There is no WAC football today.

There is belief in some circles that a reading of the NCAA manual (in certain light, with special glasses) says the WAC can still "invite" teams to be FBS (as that transition now requires the invitation before transition). 

And this is where I'm going to miss SiouxVolley. :( 

• Like 1

Just stopping by to say hello to everyone...

On 12/21/2018 at 11:56 AM, southpaw said:

Your predictions are so stuck on FBS. I don't believe the WAC is trying to get FCS teams in order to go FBS.  If I was going to predict something, I would say the WAC will add 4 D2 schools as part of a new WAC FCS and will either poach at least 2 current FCS schools or pick up schools with new FB programs.  I also think they'll be open to affiliate FB schools too to get the league up to or above 6.

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i would think the possibility of FBS football is the only reason why Texas schools like SFA and SHSU would even look to leave the small footprint of the Southland Conf for trips to Dixie State and SUU

The Texas fans are saying the Louisiana schools have terrible funding for their athletics programs and are a basketball anchor.  Southland is at the bottom of the barrel in basketball.  I think they just want to be with programs that have better financial support for the most part, and the WAC provides a higher ceiling. 

16 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The Texas fans are saying the Louisiana schools have terrible funding for their athletics programs and are a basketball anchor.  Southland is at the bottom of the barrel in basketball.  I think they just want to be with programs that have better financial support for the most part, and the WAC provides a higher ceiling. 

i wonder why more conferences don't kick out members that aren't trying to at least grow their programs...if the southland feels like northeastern la and souwestern la are pulling down the conference...let em go.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i wonder why more conferences don't kick out members that aren't trying to at least grow their programs...if the southland feels like northeastern la and souwestern la are pulling down the conference...let em go.

Yeah, but this way allows them to avoid confrontation!  Kind of like being passive aggressive, or talking about someone behind their back while being nice to their face.

That said, there is message board speculation that the Texas schools want Chicago State gone as one of their conditions of moving to the WAC...  The Summit wouldn't take them in, right?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Yeah, but this way allows them to avoid confrontation!  Kind of like being passive aggressive, or talking about someone behind their back while being nice to their face.

That said, there is message board speculation that the Texas schools want Chicago State gone as one of their conditions of moving to the WAC...  The Summit wouldn't take them in, right?  

steve carrell...."nooooooooooooo"

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Does McFeely really honestly believe that the Mountain West is going to invite NDSU if Boise State leaves? Do those schools really want to have a travel outlier like UND was in the Big Sky? Who would they look to invite instead? MT or MT State?

no he doesn't believe it but it gets clicks

where is BSU going btw?

On 12/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, nodak651 said:

I'd rather take Augie with open arms than take Chicago State. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What exactly would be the appeal for Boise to join the AAC?

they still think they are the feel good team that beat oklahoma 15 years ago on a trick play in the Fiesta Bowl....in the west there isn't much here....they need someone to join them and i dont see one other school that wants to travel that far to play old dominion or east carolina?