SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls week of Sept 26th

Matt

There is a thread on your fan board, a write up in your local paper, a blog by a local media guy, a few quotes by your coach, and guys were coming out of the woodwork and looked pretty childish posting here. I'd say there were a few that were concerned about UND cracking the polls.

I would love to beat SUU this weekend. That is going to be tough to do though. They are a very good team right now and we don't match up good with them. If we did lose and played them close doesn't mean our season is going to be a failure. Frankly it is what we do overall for the rest of the season that is going to tell the tale moreso. But is sure would be nice to knock them off. Everyone has to remember we are setting the table for next year and we won't truly be able to assess our progress till the end of the year.

Maybe Mollberg's commit to UND has him worried?? :silly:

Mollberg's commit pending Iowa offer. He is a great athlete, wish he would have decided on NDSU but oh well. He wouldn't have taken a snap at QB during his time in Fargo but no reason to think he couldn't get used in other ways. He is a good get for UND if Iowa decides not to offer. I still don't think Bohl is overly worried about UND. #1, different conferences. #2, Bohl has done a great job recruiting (minus a year or so), and #3, he has other things on his plate, such as the Missouri Valley.

Darrell, UND's history is just like any good program, they shouldn't be down for long but you never know, my Fighting Irish have been saying that since the Mid-90's. Another example is a team in Greely, Colorado. The jump to Division 1 has not been kind to what was a very proud program.

Mollberg's commit pending Iowa offer. He is a great athlete, wish he would have decided on NDSU but oh well. He wouldn't have taken a snap at QB during his time in Fargo but no reason to think he couldn't get used in other ways. He is a good get for UND if Iowa decides not to offer. I still don't think Bohl is overly worried about UND. #1, different conferences. #2, Bohl has done a great job recruiting (minus a year or so), and #3, he has other things on his plate, such as the Missouri Valley.

Darrell, UND's history is just like any good program, they shouldn't be down for long but you never know, my Fighting Irish have been saying that since the Mid-90's. Another example is a team in Greely, Colorado. The jump to Division 1 has not been kind to what was a very proud program.

They do suck this year; even more so that other years. The new coach called out the current players on TV at halftime on sat as Weber was up 35-0 for not buying in to his system and his solution: recruit new players. UNC Football is a mess right now. I can't wait for the Oct. 29th game when UND comes to town!

Let's remember, it was a soft commitment for all 3 schools who were recruiting him, not just UND. NDSU and their fans would have been ecstatic to get his "soft commitment".

Maybe Bohl is on edge because UND is recovering very quickly after a 3-8 season last year. History proves that this team does not make a living at the bottom. Rocky Hager found out the hard way.

recovering quickly? 2-2 with a weak victory over non-scholly drake and a drubbing of a transitioning DII school and two FBS losses. 3-8 is still in the picture this season so don't get ahead of yourself.

Yep, Mollberg may be good enough to get an offer from a Big 10 school as a QB but would never see the field in that capacity if he went to NDSU. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

• Upvote 1

recovering quickly? 2-2 with a weak victory over non-scholly drake and a drubbing of a transitioning DII school and two FBS losses. 3-8 is still in the picture this season so don't get ahead of yourself.

In '09 NDSU went 3-8...so we are the same boat as them at that time. In 2010 NDSU beat Kansas, lost to Northern Iowa (again), beat powerhouses Morgan State, and South Dakota :lol:. So at this time last year they were 3-1, then they lost 2 out of the next 3 games. So NDSU was 4-3 and yet made the playoffs by winning 3 out of the next 5. The season doesn't end at 4 games.

And there is the usual ndsu spin when it comes to recruits they didn't get. It only took two pages to get it. Now if only Kolpack would write an article about him getting the schools confused......

And there is the usual ndsu spin when it comes to recruits they didn't get. It only took two pages to get it. Now if only Kolpack would write an article about him getting the schools confused......

Detroit Lakes, MN

Mollberg choose UND over NDSU due to NDSU's sudden drop in the polls after a bye week. Mollberg was to have said quote, "I can't play for a team that doesn't play a team and goes down in the polls. The most important thing to me... is the FCS Coaches Poll". :lol:

Jeff Kopack

It's all coming together now. ;)

The alleged phone call from Bohl to Mollberg on Saturday from TCF Stadium was likely to inform him that his stock was dropping as a QB and that NDSU was now only offering a partial scholarship to him. He would be have to earn time as a special teamer, and with some hard work may get a shot as a back up safety at some point later in his career.

Fearful that he may end up in the MIAC if he didn't act quickly, Mollberg went with the backup plan and committed to UND on the spot. Sure, it was a rash decision and not really what he wanted, but at least it's a full ride and he gets to play QB.

And the real reason for the soft verbal isn't really due to the potential of Iowa offering, because Bison fans have already informed Kirk Ferentz through an extensive email campaign that Mollberg is no longer a D-I quality QB. Mollberg may come to his senses however and accept a $500 per semester offer to go play QB at MSU-Moorhead where he can stay in the bright lights of the Fargo media market. :D

• Upvote 1

Molberg was a good get, Bohl is mad the team dropped(a significant amount of spots) without playing game which was bizarre since teams that also didn't play a game jumped NDSU. I don't think he really cares where UND or any other team is ranked for that matter.

So your telling me the polls would have been as big of a deal if UND wasn't ranked. Kolpack would have made as big of a deal about it, Bohl would have commented on it and bison fans would still be talking about it after two weeks and a win against Minnesota? Keep telling yourself that.

So your telling me the polls would have been as big of a deal if UND wasn't ranked. Kolpack would have made as big of a deal about it, Bohl would have commented on it and bison fans would still be talking about it after two weeks and a win against Minnesota? Keep telling yourself that.

Why would UND have anything to do with it? We don't play you any time soon. I think you guys have delusions of grandeur - that everything revolves around UND football and everyone is worried about you. If you were 4-0 then you might have a point but not being playoff eligible it's no big deal in the playoff scope of things. I think dropping 6 spots during the bye week was the source of contention.

Why would UND have anything to do with it? We don't play you any time soon. I think you guys have delusions of grandeur - that everything revolves around UND football and everyone is worried about you. If you were 4-0 then you might have a point but not being playoff eligible it's no big deal in the playoff scope of things. I think dropping 6 spots during the bye week was the source of contention.

This is exactly what UND fans were wondering. Kolpack and other media to the south of UND were the ones that kept bringing UND into it. We made the poll because people voted for us and not because they mixed us up with NDSU. The fact that we were still ranked the second week proved that.

According to your media, coach, and many people like you, UND has everything to do with it as "coaches MUST have gotten the two confused." I try to give you guys a chance but you all are so full of !@$! your eyes are brown (WYO Bison is the exception). I actually thought that we would have dropped out of the polls this week regardless of the score but we didn't. So now it is confirmed that there was no confusion. 1) GET OVER YOURSELF 2) UND is catching up real quick and I think your ego is bruised 3) If we win this week what bullsh!t excuse are you going to come up with now? 4) Keep your fantasy thoughts over on your board.

BTW you guys dropped 6 spots because of the competition you played prior to the goofs. Now that you are winning you are climbing again; weird concept isn't it?

According to your media, coach, and many people like you, UND has everything to do with it as "coaches MUST have gotten the two confused." I try to give you guys a chance but you all are so full of !@$! your eyes are brown (WYO Bison is the exception). I actually thought that we would have dropped out of the polls this week regardless of the score but we didn't. So now it is confirmed that there was no confusion. 1) GET OVER YOURSELF 2) UND is catching up real quick and I think your ego is bruised 3) If we win this week what bullsh!t excuse are you going to come up with now? 4) Keep your fantasy thoughts over on your board.

BTW you guys dropped 6 spots because of the competition you played prior to the goofs. Now that you are winning you are climbing again; weird concept isn't it?

Bohl never said one word about UND, Kolpack and others did but all Bohl ever said is why are we dropping six spots after a bye week. He didn't understand it and still doesn't. I doubt he gives a damn about where UND is ranked or if they are even ranked at all, he isn't Rocky Hager.