SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls week of Sept 26th

Matt

Honest question to Sioux fans, because I have said it and other Bison fans have said it, but I haven't really heard anyone who is a Sioux fan agree. Do you think UND can ever get back to being an elite team with the current head coach?

Yes

Honest question to Sioux fans, because I have said it and other Bison fans have said it, but I haven't really heard anyone who is a Sioux fan agree. Do you think UND can ever get back to being an elite team with the current head coach?

What would your honest answer have been between the end of the 2009 season and the beginning of the 2010 season if the question was posed to you about Coach Bohl? ... 3-8 season; DUI charge; team discipline (Best Buy) and all...

That said... so far, not so impressed with Coach Mussman and would like to see UND go after UMD's Coach Nielson.

So do the Bison fans tell the whole story or just the parts that might make UND look bad? Do they tell the whole story on how the Sioux are ranked the second week too? Do they admit then that the voters didn't get the schools mixed up afterall and how silly Kolpack and the media in Fargo look now? I am guessing they didn't tell the rest of the story. By the way why are NDSU fans on the Rabbit message board talking about UND anyway. I thought they were over UND.

The whole story is you are ranked 24th in the poll that everyone on AGS laughs at and ridicules for being completely out of touch. That is not bison fans, that is all fans throughout FCS football who are in the know. You then ranked 40th in the poll that fans on AGS consider to be the true poll. That is the whole story, but i guess everyone is too busy writing newpaper articles and slapping each other on the back to know the whole story about the coaches poll.

Then, you fell 3 spots in this formentioned coaches after a 50 point win. How does that happen? That coaches poll is somthing else, you have teams who win by 50 free falling, team dropping out of the top 10 on bye weeks, and you have teams jumping 20 spots after toe to toe moral victories. You did ask for the whole story.

The whole story is you are ranked 24th in the poll that everyone on AGS laughs at and ridicules for being completely out of touch. That is not bison fans, that is all fans throughout FCS football who are in the know. You then ranked 40th in the poll that fans on AGS consider to be the true poll. That is the whole story, but i guess everyone is too busy writing newpaper articles and slapping each other on the back to know the whole story about the coaches poll.

Then, you fell 3 spots in this formentioned coaches after a 50 point win. How does that happen? That coaches poll is somthing else, you have teams who win by 50 free falling, team dropping out of the top 10 on bye weeks, and you have teams jumping 20 spots after toe to toe moral victories. You did ask for the whole story.

Who votes in the AGS poll? I had no problem with us dropping after a win over BHS. It didn't impress anyone and said nothing about where our team was at. You can only be judged by how you do against the teams you play, not by last years results. I believe the term that is used is strength of schedule. That is why I have no problem with shifting early on in the polls. Some teams have played some quality teams, others have played cupcakes. Its things that sort themselves out as the season goes on. Win quality games and everything else takes care of itself.

Having you coach throw a fit, your media writing articles and probably e-mailing coaches around FCS and your fans whining like 4th graders shows how much you care about the coaches poll. If it wasn't that big of deal, it really wouldn't have mattered right and all the attention wouldn't have been needed?

What would your honest answer have been between the end of the 2009 season and the beginning of the 2010 season if the question was posed to you about Coach Bohl? ... 3-8 season; DUI charge; team discipline (Best Buy) and all...

That said... so far, not so impressed with Coach Mussman and would like to see UND go after UMD's Coach Nielson.

I was less than complimentary of him. If he had not recovred I would have wanted him dumped. There were more than a few that wanted him out after that terrible 3-8 season, and what a mistake that would have been. I must admit.....at the end of that 3-8 year.....and if I was beered up.....I could have joined the torch and pitchfork crew. That is why the fans don't make those decisions. We are passionate and irrational individuals.