SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls week of Sept 26th

Matt

Bohl never said one word about UND, Kolpack and others did but all Bohl ever said is why are we dropping six spots after a bye week. He didn't understand it and still doesn't. I doubt he gives a damn about where UND is ranked or if they are even ranked at all, he isn't Rocky Hager.

Are you stupid?? He doesn't care where UND is ranked? Ask his recruits that are now choosing UND over NDSU. UND has arrived in the FCS world and that worries ol' Craig. He doesn't have the monopoly in ND anymore. The five year head start...dwendelling down. If and when UND gets ahead of NDSU in the polls you will see more recruits go towards UND than NDSU, especially now that we are getting out of the Great West and into an autobid conference. We are going to be on even ground with NDSU and if the Bison can prove once again they cannot win their conference, it will take 1 Big Sky title to turn the tide completely over to UND.

• Upvote 1

UND has arrived in the FCS world

It would take a win over an FBS or an FCS playoff team before I would consider UND to have arrived. Over its last 11 games, UND has 1 win over a DI school that offers athletic aid, and that school was playing its first year of football in 20 years. When UND starts consistently winning big games, then Bohl would have reason to be concerned.

Are you trying to be lakes or JBB? Or both? Kind of hard to tell...just like they often do...you are asking for respect that you have yet to earn.

Obviously some of the FCS coaches who vote has respect for UND. We are in the polls for the second week in a row.

Are you stupid?? He doesn't care where UND is ranked? Ask his recruits that are now choosing UND over NDSU. UND has arrived in the FCS world and that worries ol' Craig. He doesn't have the monopoly in ND anymore. The five year head start...dwendelling down. If and when UND gets ahead of NDSU in the polls you will see more recruits go towards UND than NDSU, especially now that we are getting out of the Great West and into an autobid conference. We are going to be on even ground with NDSU and if the Bison can prove once again they cannot win their conference, it will take 1 Big Sky title to turn the tide completely over to UND.

I used to think you were a pretty level headed poster on this and other boards, but lately you have really taken a serious turn in the LakesBison direction. To say that coach Bohl is worried about UND is beyond comprehension. What in his history would lead him to worry about UND. He has only played one game head to head with UND and then the series was discontinued. He thinks about UND about as much as Mussman thinks about NDSU, which I would assume is only when asked.

I have no doubt in my mind that UND will eventually get back to being a nationally known team at the FCS level, but to say it has already happened is dilusional and any objective poster on this board knows that in the FCS world UND is a relative unknown at this point.

• Upvote 1

Yep, Mollberg may be good enough to get an offer from a Big 10 school as a QB but would never see the field in that capacity if he went to NDSU. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

You tell me when he would get to play and I'm glad to listen. Jensen could easily start through 2013. If he isn't starting, it is Wentz I think, but Thorton and Stanford(pretty excited about this guy coming out of high school) very well could too. That means NDSU more than likely has the QB's on the roster that will play through 2015. Wentz, I read on some FCS recruiting site, apparently has NFL talent, I think everyone in the state would probably agree that that is pretty ambitious, but you get the picture, he can throw the ball around the yard.

Mollberg's numbers aren't overly impressive when it comes to throwing the ball, he had more interceptions than td's last season. That can be from a variety of problems(tipped balls, hit white throwing, etc) but playing Class A football in Minnesota and having those numbers doesn't impress me. I understand he has great running numbers and that is obviously great for a college QB to have. He obviously has talent if Iowa is taking a good hard look at him, but like I said, I just don't see him as someone who would be anything more than a one year starter at NDSU. Would I like to have him in Fargo? Yes. Would I be fine with him playing QB? Yes. Would I like to see them try him out at other positions? Yes. Do I think he is better than the guys we have? No, but no one will know if he has any talent until he gets to college. Once upon a time in Fargo we thought Jose was going to save us, fail.

For UND's sake, you better hope Iowa doesn't offer, he should be a solid player at worst, and could be a pretty dang good one at best.

Whats with the invasion of the Bison fans?? Did you all get kicked out of Bisonville? I enjoy the poll on BVille which one of us is the biggest douche. Its nice just being nominated. I am nowhere near Lakes level. I don't threaten anyone, I don't swear like a sailor. I don't say UND should be in the FBS, and we are going to have 40,000 people in the Alerus, or bring 100,000 people on road trips or other crap he says. Bohl lost out on another recruit to UND, and you don't think he is worried that UND could start to become the UND of the DII era. You remember getting the crap beat out of you by UND every year, and watching UND win a National Title. Bohl thinks about UND for one reason...recruiting. He knows if UND becomes a winner and a football powerhouse he is going to have to work extra hard at recruiting. Like I said the 5 year head start is almost non-existant.

• Upvote 1

Just reposting this nugget... wow - you need to talk to your coach because he was recruiting him at QB.

He also recruited Wentz and Stanford last year. Two qb's. Chances are....one of them will play and one of them wont. Depth. I trust the coaches more than myself, maybe they think he would be a 4 year starter....maybe they want depth. Maybe he is just a solid qb from the area and they figure why not go for him?

Whats with the invasion of the Bison fans?? Did you all get kicked out of Bisonville? I enjoy the poll on BVille which one of us is the biggest douche. Its nice just being nominated. I am nowhere near Lakes level. I don't threaten anyone, I don't swear like a sailor. I don't say UND should be in the FBS, and we are going to have 40,000 people in the Alerus, or bring 100,000 people on road trips or other crap he says. Bohl lost out on another recruit to UND, and you don't think he is worried that UND could start to become the UND of the DII era. You remember getting the crap beat out of you by UND every year, and watching UND win a National Title. Bohl thinks about UND for one reason...recruiting. He knows if UND becomes a winner and a football powerhouse he is going to have to work extra hard at recruiting. Like I said the 5 year head start is almost non-existant.

:lol: UND gets one recruit that NDSU offered and now you are a force to reckoned with? UND doesn't have the coaching in place to EVER compete with NDSU at this point regardless of players in your system. Get a coaching staff that has the ability to win a big game and get back to me.

I think if you compare recruiting classes recently NDSU's have been both better, and performed better on the field. This cannot be disputed. Heck, a couple of years ago it was on the news that NDSU didn't lose a single recruiting battle to UND or SDSU that season. UND has gotten a few recruits that NDSU was going for, that happens. You can't win 'em all. I'm sure it will even out to some extent but NDSU is currently king around here. We got Wentz, we got the better prospect in my opinion at least in Ryan Smith(Miller wouldn't see much PT in Fargo, not right now anyway). I do agree though on the fact that the only reason NDSU/UND's coaches think about the other school is recruiting, if UND trends upwards they will get some solid recruits, but if NDSU keeps trending up NDSU will get the better ones in the region.

I remember watching a lot of close games lost to UND and a few close ones NDSU won. I also remember watching a lot of Bison/UND games where the game was out of contention in the first half back in the 80's. Rivalries go in cycles. Yep, NDSU watched UND win a National Title, UND watched NDSU win 8 of them and they are doing just fine. Pretty sure Alabama is doing fine after watching Auburn win it all last year. Pretty sure Florida St. is fine that Florida won a couple during the Tebow Administration.

:lol: UND gets one recruit that NDSU offered and now you are a force to reckoned with? UND doesn't have the coaching in place to EVER compete with NDSU at this point regardless of players in your system. Get a coaching staff that has the ability to win a big game and get back to me.

Must have been a big recruit to have Bohl call Mollberg before the Gophers game instead of preparing for the game ahead. Just read this post:

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2011/09/26/qb-joe-mollberg-commits-to-the-sioux/#comments

ira murphy says:

September 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I don’t believe the call was after the game, I believe it was before the game. He isn’t afraid to compete with 4 QB’s who have been a question mark for NDSU thus far, he wants to attend UND. He doesn’t want to sit around Chubs pub the rest of his life and talk about how the Bison beat the Gophers when the Gophers were terrible. He wants to go to UND and lead them to the Big Sky and out of the transition years. If they were so set at QB they wouldn’t be after him as hard as they have been. Bohl also showed up on the DL sidelines during one of their home games this fall wearing his new yellow shirt. Fans weren’t happy because they felt he was feeding his ego when they were their to watch their kids play HS FB. It is the second time he has done something that stupid and the second time he lost the kid to UND (the other was Rory Manke and that time DL’s team physician had to tell him he didn’t belong at the DL bench at half time waiting for the team to return for the second half). Maybe Bohl is a wimp for letting some old doctor run his sorry butt off of a high school sideline! “Give it up” needs to give it up. Welcome Joe Mollberg.

Give it up was your Bison buddy Lakes calling Mollberg a wimp for choosing UND over NDSU.

Must have been a big recruit to have Bohl call Mollberg before the Gophers game instead of preparing for the game ahead. Just read this post:

http://siouxfb.areav...sioux/#comments

ira murphy says:

I don’t believe the call was after the game, I believe it was before the game. He isn’t afraid to compete with 4 QB’s who have been a question mark for NDSU thus far, he wants to attend UND. He doesn’t want to sit around Chubs pub the rest of his life and talk about how the Bison beat the Gophers when the Gophers were terrible. He wants to go to UND and lead them to the Big Sky and out of the transition years. If they were so set at QB they wouldn’t be after him as hard as they have been. Bohl also showed up on the DL sidelines during one of their home games this fall wearing his new yellow shirt. Fans weren’t happy because they felt he was feeding his ego when they were their to watch their kids play HS FB. It is the second time he has done something that stupid and the second time he lost the kid to UND (the other was Rory Manke and that time DL’s team physician had to tell him he didn’t belong at the DL bench at half time waiting for the team to return for the second half). Maybe Bohl is a wimp for letting some old doctor run his sorry butt off of a high school sideline! “Give it up” needs to give it up. Welcome Joe Mollberg.

Give it up was your Bison buddy Lakes calling Mollberg a wimp for choosing UND over NDSU.

Recruiting is a 24/7 job. You think that he hasn't called other recruits before games? I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say he probably has. I assume you have been inside Mr. Mollberg's brain and saw that he isn't afraid to compete with 4 quarterbacks? He might be the type of kid who isn't afraid of it, but it is just as likely if not more likely, that he is doesn't want to compete with them. If Stanford or Wentz is better than him, he is sitting on the bench until he is a senior. If Thorton is, he is waiting at least til he is a junior....

I'm not saying that is why he is choosing UND over NDSU. Maybe he liked the campus more, maybe UND has a good program for his major. Maybe he does want to be a part of bringing them back. No one other than him and his friends/family will probably really know.

http://siouxfb.areav...sioux/#comments

ira murphy says:

I have no doubt Coach Bohl called many Minnesota high school recruits before and after the game, doesn't really mean anything.

You tell me when he would get to play and I'm glad to listen. Jensen could easily start through 2013. If he isn't starting, it is Wentz I think, but Thorton and Stanford(pretty excited about this guy coming out of high school) very well could too. That means NDSU more than likely has the QB's on the roster that will play through 2015. Wentz, I read on some FCS recruiting site, apparently has NFL talent, I think everyone in the state would probably agree that that is pretty ambitious, but you get the picture, he can throw the ball around the yard.

Mollberg's numbers aren't overly impressive when it comes to throwing the ball, he had more interceptions than td's last season. That can be from a variety of problems(tipped balls, hit white throwing, etc) but playing Class A football in Minnesota and having those numbers doesn't impress me. I understand he has great running numbers and that is obviously great for a college QB to have. He obviously has talent if Iowa is taking a good hard look at him, but like I said, I just don't see him as someone who would be anything more than a one year starter at NDSU. Would I like to have him in Fargo? Yes. Would I be fine with him playing QB? Yes. Would I like to see them try him out at other positions? Yes. Do I think he is better than the guys we have? No, but no one will know if he has any talent until he gets to college. Once upon a time in Fargo we thought Jose was going to save us, fail.

With all the rambling you do you'd think you could get the easy fact correct. Unless your 9-man every team plays A ball in Minnesota. Detroit Lakes happens to play AAAA ball with AAAAA being biggest classification (next year there will be a 6th class). Now if you can't get that straight how are we to believe your td to interception ratio statement?

Ones that already told him 3 days earlier that they are out and he is committing to UND? Seems like he wants him pretty bad.

I'm not saying they didn't want him bad, for all I know he was their top recruit for next year's class. That doesn't change the fact that it is still only one guy, now if this becomes a trend, maybe it shows up on Bohl's radar. We have lost recruits to other schools besides UND before and I have no doubt that will continue to happen in the future. Losing a recruit here and there to another school doesn't strike fear into the heart of coach bohl I would imagine. It is a competitive game and losing a guy here and there is all a part of it.

i saw over on the bunny board that they have a 4 page thread on UND being ranked with the Bison faithful doing their best at explaining it. IF there was some sort of confusion where last week the voters mistook UND for NDSU, causing NDSU to fall in the rankings and UND to be ranked, why is UND still ranked a week later? Shouldn't the voters have figured out their error and not ranked UND? After this week UND will either rise in the rankings with a win over SUU or fall out of the rankings with a loss to SUU.

Beat the Birds!

With all the rambling you do you'd think you could get the easy fact correct. Unless your 9-man every team plays A ball in Minnesota. Detroit Lakes happens to play AAAA ball with AAAAA being biggest classification (next year there will be a 6th class). Now if you can't get that straight how are we to believe your td to interception ratio statement?

Whoopsies. That is my bad,

Ones that already told him 3 days earlier that they are out and he is committing to UND? Seems like he wants him pretty bad.

Until a pen is put to paper, you might as well give it a go. I'm sure UND has done the same thing before and will probably do it again. NDSU will too I'm sure. Recruiting is a tough part of college football and you might as well try, worst case scenario, you don't change his mind.

Whoops, pardon me. I forget how big of a school DL is apparently.

Att Yds TD PA PC Yds TD Int 2010 173 1,043 20 105 57 1,060 7 6

One more TD than IN throwing. Quite a few running touchdowns. Like I said, a good get for UND, not a make or break player for a recruiting class though. In 5 years, when he is done playing, if he goes down as a 3-4 year starter who leads UND to something significant, I will more than happily eat my words. Remember, NDSU landed Nick Mertens, Mr. Football in Minnesota if I remember right(or at least a finalist or something), things didn''t pan out for him.

i saw over on the bunny board that they have a 4 page thread on UND being ranked with the Bison faithful doing their best at explaining it. IF there was some sort of confusion where last week the voters mistook UND for NDSU, causing NDSU to fall in the rankings and UND to be ranked, why is UND still ranked a week later? Shouldn't the voters have figured out their error and not ranked UND? After this week UND will either rise in the rankings with a win over SUU or fall out of the rankings with a loss to SUU.

Beat the Birds!

Would go ol' Lakes be leading that charge?

Would go ol' Lakes be leading that charge?

Me thinks he has probably been banned....he gets banned everywhere else (people don't like all the BIG LETTERS), can't imagine bunnyville being any different unless they are keeping him as the court jester or a pet.

Me thinks he has probably been banned....he gets banned everywhere else (people don't like all the BIG LETTERS), can't imagine bunnyville being any different unless they are keeping him as the court jester or a pet.

He is getting mad at me over at CS. He gets so frustrated that he has to use name calling and slurs but you just have to laugh it off. Most fans already know not to believe anything he says. I am so glad he is not a Sioux fan, and I know there are a lot of people wishing he wasn't a NDSU fan.