SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

After he loses badly at Northern Arizona (they'll take note that UND was in the game at PSU), and then loses at home to UNC (and you heard it here first), ... it'll be done.

Promise???!!!

After he loses badly at Northern Arizona (they'll take note that UND was in the game at PSU), and then loses at home to UNC (and you heard it here first), ... it'll be done.

This post is equivalent to a comforting bedtime story that helps put a youngster to sleep. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

And hold on, a UND grad with a job. You mean to tell me you don't own a farm yet? They really need to change that brochure.

Agriculture is like other industries, much consolidation. They are getting bigger...they need financial and legal representation.

I think if we want to continue to recruit any top prospects we need to cut ties with Muss and company. The lack of accountability by the coaching staff and lack of heart by the current rostered players needs to be dealt with. The fact that we put our redshirt players in the stand because the coaching staff has deemed them as "A Distraction" is another argument. It's one thing to be put in the stands because you haven't earned a spot but to be on the sideline half the season and them put in the stands classified as a distraction when the current roster is embarrassing themselves is ludacris. Let's try to salvage some respect in our program.

I think if we want to continue to recruit any top prospects we need to cut ties with Muss and company. The lack of accountability by the coaching staff and lack of heart by the current rostered players needs to be dealt with. The fact that we put our redshirt players in the stand because the coaching staff has deemed them as "A Distraction" is another argument. It's one thing to be put in the stands because you haven't earned a spot but to be on the sideline half the season and them put in the stands classified as a distraction when the current roster is embarrassing themselves is ludacris. Let's try to salvage some respect in our program.

I was checking out the roster, there's a lot of younger players on it. Are any of these guys any good?

I thought they were all successful pilots? Oh wait...thats the Air Force and Naval Academy grads...UND gets the leftovers....

You just said that UND is #3 in the nation behind the Air Force and Naval Academies and that is somehow supposed to be an insult? While an ignorant comment, it is one insult I guess I will take! But if you REALLY want to put UND down you should say that our Law School is third in the nation behind Harvard and Yale!!! That'll show us.
  • Upvote 4

Putting your redshirts in the stands vs addressing the situation is bizarre. Everyone wants their entire team to be a team and learn how to handle yourself in all situations. If you have kids messing around, reprimand them, run them until they puke or jerk their scholarship. If you don't understand how to take control of a team, you shouldn't be coaching at any level.

Putting your redshirts in the stands vs addressing the situation is bizarre. Everyone wants their entire team to be a team and learn how to handle yourself in all situations. If you have kids messing around, reprimand them, run them until they puke or jerk their scholarship. If you don't understand how to take control of a team, you shouldn't be coaching at any level.

Putting them in the stands is addressing the situation.

Well, here's your chance to enlighten the like-minded rubes and numbskulls...hmmm

The question was asked what do I think the source of the problem is. Unlike others I don't have the information to answer that question - Oh I could guess, post insults, beat down anyone who doesn't agree with the thread but in the end it's Faisen's job to come up with that answer (fortunately he has many of you to help him). I'm sure he has all the necessary information to identify and deal with it. What I do think and have shared is that the source of the solution is not mocking the staff or players on a public website or mocking any other poster who feels that way. I do believe it will have an impact on recruiting because in this day and age you can bet plenty of parents and relatives are going to school fan sites to check out the attitude of the fans and when they see "Fire Coach" it's not going to sit well with them. As has been said everyone is allowed to voice their opinion it just gets a little ridiculous when so called school supporters take it to such extreme negative levals. As has been mentioned they were picked to finish 7th - not that we have to accept that as inevitable, but it does say that based on where we are as a team right now we have some building to do - sure it's okay to feel we should finish higher but when it doesn't happen what's the purpose of going insultingly balistic on the players and team publicly? I guess the answer to that is you feel it is your right to post -which it is, just as it is mine - but it appears if you are not willing to go negative with the minions you will be mocked along with the team and school. All I've ever tried to communicate is that I don't think it is productive or supportive of the school or team to be cynical, negative and insulting on a public forum. And I guess here I am in the minority. .
  • Upvote 1

The question was asked what do I think the source of the problem is. Unlike others I don't have the information to answer that question - Oh I could guess, post insults, beat down anyone who doesn't agree with the thread but in the end it's Faisen's job to come up with that answer (fortunately he has many of you to help him). I'm sure he has all the necessary information to identify and deal with it. What I do think and have shared is that the source of the solution is not mocking the staff or players on a public website or mocking any other poster who feels that way. I do believe it will have an impact on recruiting because in this day and age you can bet plenty of parents and relatives are going to school fan sites to check out the attitude of the fans and when they see "Fire Coach" it's not going to sit well with them. As has been said everyone is allowed to voice their opinion it just gets a little ridiculous when so called school supporters take it to such extreme negative levals. As has been mentioned they were picked to finish 7th - not that we have to accept that as inevitable, but it does say that based on where we are as a team right now we have some building to do - sure it's okay to feel we should finish higher but when it doesn't happen what's the purpose of going insultingly balistic on the players and team publicly? I guess the answer to that is you feel it is your right to post -which it is, just as it is mine - but it appears if you are not willing to go negative with the minions you will be mocked along with the team and school. All I've ever tried to communicate is that I don't think it is productive or supportive of the school or team to be cynical, negative and insulting on a public forum. And I guess here I am in the minority. .

/

One could argue the other side of that as well. Parent, recruits, etc can come to the site and see the passion of the fan base. Everyone (fans, recruits, players, etc) can see the season isn't going well. In reading this site, people will also see that the fan base isn't happy with the status quo and changes need to be made, versus the other side...apathy. Recruits want to play for a "winning and proud" program. I would rather see what is taking place on our fan board this year as opposed to seeing what is happening on Idaho States message board where it's basically crickets chirping. I hope our football forum doesn't get to that point. Sure some posters may take it to the extreme, but it shows we still care about the program and want to see it get back on track.

This is a good description of how you feel - don't agree, but I understand. However, your only solution to the mess we are in is "It's Faison's job to come up with the answers". Are you happy with the state of the once proud Sioux football team? How long should we continue to dig this hole? Many of us are worried about a 10 year black hole for the football team. We are very frustrated with the progress so far. I'd love to hear your ideas for improvement.

/

One could argue the other side of that as well. Parent, recruits, etc can come to the site and see the passion of the fan base. Everyone (fans, recruits, players, etc) can see the season isn't going well. In reading this site, people will also see that the fan base isn't happy with the status quo and changes need to be made, versus the other side...apathy. Recruits want to play for a "winning and proud" program. I would rather see what is taking place on our fan board this year as opposed to seeing what is happening on Idaho States message board where it's basically crickets chirping. I hope our football forum doesn't get to that point. Sure some posters may take it to the extreme, but it shows we still care about the program and want to see it get back on track.

Except for the insults thrown at players - highly doubt a parent will enjoy seeing that.

This is a good description of how you feel - don't agree, but I understand. However, your only solution to the mess we are in is "It's Faison's job to come up with the answers". Are you happy with the state of the once proud Sioux football team? How long should we continue to dig this hole? Many of us are worried about a 10 year black hole for the football team. We are very frustrated with the progress so far. I'd love to hear your ideas for improvement.

Sorry it's been proven that anything posted here other than "We need to clean house and it starts with Muss" is met with "your head is in the sand, you are willing to accept losing, etc." I would like to read some ideas for improvement that are based on more than just conjecture,spite, anger and bar stool philosphy. Anyone willing to double what they are current donating to the Champion's Club so they have more than $110.000 to offer a new coach - of course that gets the answer "I'm not giving a dime until Muss is gone" - cop out. Again there are ways to have constructive discussions on the state of the football program without going negative. If you can't figure out how - that's part of the problem here.

I know I'm going to take a beating from you guys for this. We all know that this season has not been ideal, and to be honest, very disappointing. But at what point do you realize that in the greater scheme of things, it's just a game. Obviously, something has to be done to address performance issues on and off the field, but it just seems kind of harsh to sit back and demand that someone lose their job and the ability to provide for their family. Lets step back and have a little faith that the athletic dept. and coaching staff can hash out a solution of how to put this program back on the upswing before we start bolting for the fallout shelters. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 4

Except for the insults thrown at players - highly doubt a parent will enjoy seeing that.

As I said, a few take it too far. I was referring mostly to the sentiment of the "Fire Muss" thread and the general direction the program is headed. It's pretty obvious a change needs to be made based on team performance.

• Upvote 1

You're right, it's in Brian's camp to deal with the situation how he's sees fit, and I trust that he'll do so. Your opinion is as valid as anyone here, of course. Let's see how November plays out I guess.

I know I'm going to take a beating from you guys for this. We all know that this season has not been ideal, and to be honest, very disappointing. But at what point do you realize that in the greater scheme of things, it's just a game. Obviously, something has to be done to address performance issues on and off the field, but it just seems kind of harsh to sit back and demand that someone lose their job and the ability to provide for their family. Lets step back and have a little faith that the athletic dept. and coaching staff can hash out a solution of how to put this program back on the upswing before we start bolting for the fallout shelters. Just my two cents.

Where have you been? My sentiments exactly. Of course sideline antics, academcs, behaviorial issues need to be addressed - to maintain the integrity of the program and the school - and that is where the administration can step if - IF they see it as an issue because they see the big picture. I think our biggest problem is too many are comparing where we are with another school - they have their warts too, but winning covers up warts as we all know. I also think that when a good coach finds members of his team are more problems than they are worth there needs to be some housecleaning there - which results in more losing until the ship is righted - so it becomes a can't win sitatuation for the staff. Of course we have all seen coaches at all levels that are willing to overlook trouble players and team integrity for the sake of winning.

In the past I would have agreed 100% but after seeing the product on the field there are no excuses anymore and major moves need to happen. Remember, this is not "at will" employment. He will be paid for the remainder of his contract and will have plenty of time to figure out his next move in life.

Heck I wouldn't be against keeping him on at the OC as long as we made a solid HC hire. This is where Muss has done really well...he is just not FCS HC material IMHO.