SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Sorry - I guess my point is that some may say that a big part of the problem is effort. I am wondering even if the effort was there would we be able to compete.

it wasn't a "some say" thing regarding effort. That came right from Muss this week. He was saying MSU didn't get "our best effort" in the last meeting. You could come to the same conclusion with his post game presser comments regarding the players needing to decide if they want to play football.

Those comments, along with the tweets from some younger players, illustrate Muss is on the edge of losing his team if he hasn't done so already.

The fact there was no mention of football during Hammer's interview of Faison tells me this is a delicate situation. Faison is likely sick of hearing complaints and just wants the season to play out; thus, he just told Hammer not to bring up the football. Also a sign that Faison is not very happy with the FB season thus far, which is a good thing for the entire program because we're that much closer to getting rid of the cancer that is a Mussman as a head coach.

As I read the posts above about UND not recruiting ND schools, while Bohl is, it is a sad commentary when the staff doen't even know who is responsible for recruiting ND/MN.

UND did get the top player in ND Dustin Iverson last year. Obviously he got his shirt pulled and is already a leader of the younger players.

I wonder if a person could do an open records request for emails between Mussman and Faison???

wonder if they actually communicate during the week.....

Anything to do with evaluation of performance is protected by the data privacy act. Why would anyone want to read this? It is not anything we need to be privy to. Either he goes or stays. Show some class and don't kick a guy while he is down. Whether the public knows about what is communicated is really none of our business. We just need to know something is being done to move this program forward and put the program in a position to be successful.

• Upvote 2

The fact there was no mention of football during Hammer's interview of Faison tells me this is a delicate situation. Faison is likely sick of hearing complaints and just wants the season to play out; thus, he just told Hammer not to bring up the football. Also a sign that Faison is not very happy with the FB season thus far, which is a good thing for the entire program because we're that much closer to getting rid of the cancer that is a Mussman as a head coach.

So ignoring the problem will make it go away. That seems to be the stategy and I don't agree with sticking your head in the sand and hope nothing bad happens.

UND did get the top player in ND Dustin Iverson last year. Obviously he got his shirt pulled and is already a leader of the younger players.

Let's wait a year or two before we anoint Iverson as the best ND player of 2013 class. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim.

Anything to do with evaluation of performance is protected by the data privacy act. Why would anyone want to read this? It is not anything we need to be privy to. Either he goes or stays. Show some class and don't kick a guy while he is down. Whether the public knows about what is communicated is really none of our business. We just need to know something is being done to move this program forward and put the program in a position to be successful.

that's why I wanted to see if it was possible... to see if something is being done as Faison isn't going to come out and say it... I don't want nasty emaisl just like

"hey Chris See me in my office at 8 AM Monday morning"

THat would be sufficient for me....

Let's wait a year or two before we anoint Iverson as the best ND player of 2013 class. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim.

He had a totally different look to him at the Shrine Bowl compared to the other players. And from what I heard he's the type of guy you'd wish every recruit was.

The middle of a volleyball match against your rival is not the time to bring up the state of the football program. You don't ask questions like that during a three minute interview and especially not on a live broadcast. There are times and places Hammer needs to ask those questions, tonight not one of those.

There are times and places Hammer needs to ask those questions, tonight not one of those.

Please feel free to email or call Hammer with those times and places because it will never happen. He will never ask any tough questions of Faison.

Why are you so crabby all the time Southpaw? you work for midco or not? You sure seem pretty smart about everything to do with TV and media.

Not crabby, just pointing out Hammer doesn't deserve to be criticized for not asking about the state of the football game in this situation. If he doesn't ask about it in more intimate interviews then there is an issue. There also is the possibility of him asking and Faison just dodging, or not even answering the question. That's not on Hammer. He can't force Faison to answer but until Faison gives a full length hour long Lebron James special, then let's all just assume Hammer isn't doing his job.

I don't work for Midco and I have never worked for Midco. I've stated that several times in the past. I do know a lot about TV and media because I've worked in that industry for 12 years, with the past four being specifically in college athletics broadcasting.

Hammer is a pawnd owned by UND..

If he screws up the UND relationship he has nothing.

Hammer is a Midco employee and Midco has a 5 year contract for UND athletics. Not sure if you're referring to something like what happened with Ralston, but they aren't the same situation.

I ran into a couple of juniors from the fb team Saturday night. One didn't say much. The other had a bit to say. After telling him I was at the game he said, "I'm sorry you had to see that. I really am." But it wasn't so much a sincere apology (which I wasn't necessarily looking for) but it was an apology that didn't show much concern. I felt like either A. he really didn't care that much or B. he felt like it wasn't his or any of the other players fault for the loss. Either way it points to the same thing that has been said on here already...Mussman has lost his team. Neither of these guys seemed to concern with the butt kicking they received. I know you can't dwell on it and you have to move on, but I wouldn't have been as arrogant about the situation as he was.

I ran into a couple of juniors from the fb team Saturday night. One didn't say much. The other had a bit to say. After telling him I was at the game he said, "I'm sorry you had to see that. I really am." But it wasn't so much a sincere apology (which I wasn't necessarily looking for) but it was an apology that didn't show much concern. I felt like either A. he really didn't care that much or B. he felt like it wasn't his or any of the other players fault for the loss. Either way it points to the same thing that has been said on here already...Mussman has lost his team. Neither of these guys seemed to concern with the butt kicking they received. I know you can't dwell on it and you have to move on, but I wouldn't have been as arrogant about the situation as he was.

Unless you are inside the family, I give them credit for apologizing at all. It takes guts to discuss an a** kicking like that with outsiders.

On a positive note, it's unlikely they'll need to make such apologies much longer as there won't be much of a crowd to bear witness.

From reading the last number of posts and seeing the constant screwing around on the sideline, there is a clear pattern of "who cares" among the players that breeds down from the HC.

My daughters VB team got swept last night and she was so "embarrassed", "frustrated" and "upset" by the way the team played that it took her a couple hours to calm down...and she's 13!! Least she realized and took to heart what happened unlike most wearing a helmet and Kelly green thru 4 games.

From reading the last number of posts and seeing the constant screwing around on the sideline, there is a clear pattern of "who cares" among the players that breeds down from the HC.

My daughters VB team got swept last night and she was so "embarrassed", "frustrated" and "upset" by the way the team played that it took her a couple hours to calm down...and she's 13!! Least she realized and took to heart what happened unlike most wearing a helmet and Kelly green thru 4 games.

I know college athletes really have no excuse to not care, but once the beatings commence it is hard to care....we regularly got thumped like this in high school. After the first couple, we just waited for the 2nd half when we didn't have to play against starters...

I know college athletes really have no excuse to not care, but once the beatings commence it is hard to care....we regularly got thumped like this in high school. After the first couple, we just waited for the 2nd half when we didn't have to play against starters...

I know it's hard to keep them engaged when blowouts happen, but one way is to utilize more players when the game is out of hand. I heard Mussman now says that they may not even bring the 53 (?) players to Idaho if they aren't going to give the effort required. To me, that kind of comes off as "I know I'm in trouble" better give the appearance that we are disciplinarians. Where was that last year or early this year when the defense couldn't even come up with one stop? If I'm thinking this is an appeasement of fans and administration questioning the sideline antics lately, I imagine the players know that as well. You either have the respect of the players or you don't, and that needs to be earned right away. It is easy for me to say the staff doesn't have respect of the players, coming with no personal knowledge of the goings on behind the scenes, but I would think the administration would have a better idea, and if they don't, perhaps a personal survey of the players as a whole would be prudent at this juncture.

In two consecutive blowouts how much have we seen of PJ Sparks? the kid is atheletic and has good spped and the ability to break tackles. Why doens't Muss get him in the game??!! At the very least he should be in the game in a blowout....but in reality, he should be starting!! Not to rip on Miller, but he just doesn;t have the size and toughness to be successful against top tier defenses like we have been seeing lately. It is decision like this that prove that Muss is just clueless on what needs to be done to put a competitve team on the field.

In two consecutive blowouts how much have we seen of PJ Sparks? the kid is atheletic and has good spped and the ability to break tackles. Why doens't Muss get him in the game??!! At the very least he should be in the game in a blowout....but in reality, he should be starting!! Not to rip on Miller, but he just doesn;t have the size and toughness to be successful against top tier defenses like we have been seeing lately. It is decision like this that prove that Muss is just clueless on what needs to be done to put a competitve team on the field.

In Jake's defense, he looked pretty good against MSU. One of the lone bright spots.