SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Who is saying what?

Norberg: Decisions decisions....

Carr: So sick of this #Done

Dustin Iverson replied to Norberg's with: Hope they're good ones, need you bad.

Dan Bell: You either have it in you or you don't, I'm tired of hearing excuses

JJ McElroy: People are mad at our fans for leaving, I don't blame them for leaving at all.

Those were the ones that caught my eye from the guys I follow.

They are speaking more truth than our broadcasting team ever dares to speak. Because we all know what happens to anyone (Paul Ralston) who dares to tell it like it is.

That reminds me, about midway through the 2nd half (yes I left) Ralston made a point to say how engaged and supportive the sideline was.

Ridicurus.

• Upvote 1

Norberg: Decisions decisions....

Carr: So sick of this #Done

Dustin Iverson replied to Norberg's with: Hope they're good ones, need you bad.

Dan Bell: You either have it in you or you don't, I'm tired of hearing excuses

JJ McElroy: People are mad at our fans for leaving, I don't blame them for leaving at all.

Those were the ones that caught my eye from the guys I follow.

Do you think Norbergs may be about pulling his redshirt? After watching our mlbs today, he'd definitely play.

I watched Faison tell the equipment manager to tell 4 players to stop effing around on the bench. It was immediately after the last MSU score to go up 42-7.

Were these the same players that were dancing around at the Montana game? I can't stomach this any more. If Muss isn't going to keep these guys focused, why aren't the assistants doing something? It's junk like this that makes me think it's time to strip the whole football program to it's core and start over. It's going to take years to do it right, but if we do it wrong, it may never get fixed.

Maybe this belongs in the recruiting thread, but you really have to wonder how this season will effect recruiting and success in the longer term. Not just that clearly the program stinks out loud now, but that it is a 100% certainty it is being told to recruits right now that Muss and his staff are dead men walking.

This program needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. No more promoting from within. Get rid of absolutely everybody and let the new head coach build the program however he sees fit. This might convince the younger kids in the program now (the ones that aren't playing much now, but that have lots of potential) that it might be worth sticking around. We are a couple more dismal seasons from being a perennial doormat in the Big Sky Conference (dare I say Morningside). We must blow it up and start over. The cost of not doing this far exceeds the cost of doing it.

• Upvote 1

This program needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. No more promoting from within. Get rid of absolutely everybody and let the new head coach build the program however he sees fit. This might convince the younger kids in the program now (the ones that aren't playing much now, but that have lots of potential) that it might be worth sticking around. We are a couple more dismal seasons from being a perennial doormat in the Big Sky Conference (dare I say Morningside). We must blow it up and start over. The cost of not doing this far exceeds the cost of doing it.

Like I've been saying - you can thank Muss for a lost decade of Sioux football

• Upvote 1

Mussman's arrogance and lack of leadership abilities have always rubbed players the wrong way. It didn't matter when we had a true leader in Lennon. No one likes Mussman and it shows.

Kotelnicki is much the same. His arrogance will keep him from becoming a good coach. This is the same guy who in his first coaching stint here got in a fight with a player at that time in a bar over a girl. Real class act.

The inbreeding needs to stop. Time to bring in new coaches with new ideas and a new energy.

• Upvote 2