SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

I'm gonna play the "wish we would've at least taken a look outside" card... but not shocked at the decision. Hope Kotelnicki can bring the D up about 50 notches from last season.

(the email jabs from rival school supporters about UND once again "hiring from within" are coming steady. I'll weather the storm once again!) :crazy::D

I'm gonna play the "wish we would've at least taken a look outside" card... but not shocked at the decision. Hope Kotelnicki can bring the D up about 50 notches from last season.

(the email jabs from rival school supporters about UND once again "hiring from within" are coming steady. I'll weather the storm once again!) :crazy::D

Just out of curiosity, can anybody remember for sure the last time UND football went completely outside the ranks of current or former assistants when hiring either a head coach or coordinator? I'm thinking maybe when Randy Hedberg was hired as offensive coordinator towards the end of the RT years, but I'm not certain about that.

Just out of curiosity, can anybody remember for sure the last time UND football went completely outside the ranks of current or former assistants when hiring either a head coach or coordinator? I'm thinking maybe when Randy Hedberg was hired as offensive coordinator towards the end of the RT years, but I'm not certain about that.

OC Jeff Menage in 1999 and 2000 from SDSU I believe.

He replaced Hedberg when he left to be HC at St Cloud.

NCAA Market: Coaching jobs, Coaching - Football jobs, Grand Forks jobs, North Dakota jobs, Assistant Football Coach - Defense at University of North Dakota

Required Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree • Collegiate football coaching experience • Defensive Coaching experience • Collegiate playing experience • Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations • Criminal history background check

Preferred Qualifications: • DI or NFL Experience • NCAA DI recruiting experience • Experience coaching Defensive line or Linebackers

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any rumors on who has applied for the defensive coaching position? According to the ad, the closing date was last week and my guess is they will name someone soon. Spring practice starts on Monday.

I'd be willing to bet that they've already hired the new coach. Who knows when they'll announce it. They're more worried about spring ball then announcing the new hire. It took a little while for them to announce the addition of coach Richter when they hired him.

Schleusner is taking over for Kotelnicki as Special Teams and Recruiting coordinator according to an SFI tweet.

It appears he has a very good understanding of recruiting and I believe he was Special Teams coordinator previously at WIU. Well deserved promotion.

It appears he has a very good understanding of recruiting and I believe he was Special Teams coordinator previously at WIU. Well deserved promotion.

Hopefully he has the same success with his kickers as Kotelnicki had. I assume nothing will change in terms of kick blocking proficiency.

I'm very curious to see who they hired for the opening and where they're from.

BREITBACH LOOKING FOR A HEAD JOB

Millersville, Pa. - Millersville University is inviting faculty, staff, alumni and members of the community to attend open forums with six candidates for the head football coach position.

Each candidate will meet with the public for one hour in the Student Memorial Center during his on-campus interview. The search committee narrowed the search to six candidates after reviewing more than 60 applications.

The candidates are (in alphabetical order): Greg Breitbach, offensive coordinator, University of North Dakota; James Clements, head coach, Delaware Valley College; Robert Forgrave, defensive coordinator, East Stroudsburg University; Adam Gonzaga, defensive coordinator, Ohio Northern University, James Morgan, running backs coach/recruiting coordinator, Shippensburg University; and David Taynor, head coach, Urbana University. Open forum dates, times and locations as well as more information on each candidate is listed below.

At the conclusion of the on-campus interviews, the search committee will recommend to Dr. Aminta Breaux, Vice President of Student Affairs, an unranked list of three finalists for hiring consideration.

Interestingly... the same site said former UM coach Tim Brewster was signed as TE end coach at Florida State for $290,000.

If Breitbach were to go at this late date my suspicion is that Mussman would take over the OC role. I'm not sure there's anyone else ready to step right in (internal or external).

I agree. Clearly he's a capable and proven OC, and this would provide a measure of continuity, particularly for the young quarterbacks.

Pondering this further, many of us remarked last year that UND had a HC, an associate HC, and an assistant HC (and Breitbach was an assistant coach).

The associate HC is now running Champions Club. The assistant HC is now the new DC.

Could Breitbach be looking to see his title changed to assistant head coach?

Best of luck to him. Seems weird that he would want a job like that. I guess Und will have three new coaches for next season.

Anyone know of any hot offensive coordinators out there? Or any te coaches?

Also I wonder if Freund will stay at qb coach or go back to rb coach. He's young but you can bet he knows how to qb a team.

I feel Freund would be a better fit at QB coach, being he played that position. Luke S. will have his hands full with Special Teams, WRs, and recruiting coordinator position, so a new offensive coordinator should be brought in. It's too bad that it has to be during spring ball, when alot of concepts for the upcoming season are installed. I guess they could promote an in house guy to OC and then pick up two coaches to coach the RBs and TEs.

Best of luck to him. Seems weird that he would want a job like that. I guess Und will have three new coaches for next season.

Anyone know of any hot offensive coordinators out there? Or any te coaches?

Also I wonder if Freund will stay at qb coach or go back to rb coach. He's young but you can bet he knows how to qb a team.

Weird or just looking out for themselves? Another poor year and Muss might be on the outside looking in. Might be real hard to replace them with good quality coaches.