SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

On the one hand, with the conference and nickname issues behind us, I think we could attract some pretty strong candidates. On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to reward Kotelnicki for the excellent job that he's done, providing that he's interested.

are we willing to pay anyone? Last i checked our head coach hardly earns a competitive assistants wage.

On the one hand, with the conference and nickname issues behind us, I think we could attract some pretty strong candidates. On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to reward Kotelnicki for the excellent job that he's done, providing that he's interested.

With Mussman being more of an offensive-minded coach it's pretty important for this team to have an upper tier DC because he's going to carry almost the whole load defensively, I think they almost have to open it up nationally to see what's out there...if they can attract a name great, if not Kotelnicki would be a good fit too.

One concern I would have is if UND would be willing to pay an upper tier DC, with them just hitting D1 I think the coaching money is still a little behind the curve.

I think we should look far and wide for a defensive guy that fits what we're looking for, an aggressive 3-4 guru (unless they decided in house to change to a 4-3 to help defend the pass and not have to blitz for a pass rush). I do think Kotelnicki is a rising star in the coaching world though. He kicks ass and takes names and would be the firey guy the defense as a whole may need. This would be one way to keep him around long term since his stock will rise each year.

I'm not sure who some good candidates out there would be so I can't name drop but one thing is for sure is that we need to bump the pay for football coaches ASAP.

How bout this guy?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11843&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205402015&Q_SEASON=2012

We should be able to pay him more as a Defensive Coordinator than he makes as a linebacker coach...and if not we really need to re-evauluate our football program.

The uproar on bisonville would be monumental if we hired him away.

Unlikely but don't let you hate for UND get in the way of your "love" of both programs.

mussman is only making ~90 iirc. Thats not much more than a run of the mill assistant at a school that actually funds it's coaching staff at a reasonable level.

I really love that i'm always the bad guy, even when i'm criticizing the lack of support given to the football (and BB) teams. I guess i should just except mediocrity like you do, because thats the sign of a real fan.

mussman is only making ~90 iirc. Thats not much more than a run of the mill assistant at a school that actually funds it's coaching staff at a reasonable level.

I really love that i'm always the bad guy, even when i'm criticizing the lack of support given to the football (and BB) teams. I guess i should just except mediocrity like you do, because thats the sign of a real fan.

Didnt he get a raise to 114k or in that area?