SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Recruiting

UND Fan

Not even close. They play together as one, unlike us.

Well....their point guard(FGCU) can be very very good at times and he can also be very bad at times which is why I didn't say they would win 10 of 10.....he is capable of the 14-15 point 10-12 assist and 1-2 turnover games like he posted in their first 2 NCAA games but he is also capable of the 0-8, 3-4 assist, 8 turnover nights as well.

Really don't think our talent base is that much different than Florida Gulf Coast. Where FGCU excelled well beyond UND is with the 3 pt shot.

I watched all of Florida GC's games in the tourney, and I honestly don't remember any 3 pointers being made. All I remember is tall, athletic guys slamming down alley-oop dunks.

We only have one guy that can do that. FGCU had like 4 or 5 guys that could......................

Jake White from Chaska is transferring from Wichita St. and looking for a D1 school to finish his career. Sounds like he'd have 2 years of elgibility remaining. Would be an opportunity to add some size.

http://www.kansas.co....s-release.html

I would think so on 2 years as well since he never red-shirted. Jones needs to put the full court press on this kid because he would be a major get for this team and a nice building block for when after the 2014 Class departs.

Chad Calcaterra, a 6'10", a 240 lb center, visited UND today and was offered (he may have been offered before today). Calcaterra spent his first two years at CSU (recruited by Tim Miles). He redshirted his first year and then played sparingly as a freshman. He then transferred to Western Nebraska CC where last year he averaged less than 9 minutes and less than 4 points per game. I don't know if he was hurt but probably not as he played in all the team's 30 games. Nice size but I don't know how much he would contribute.

Chad Calcaterra, a 6'10", a 240 lb center, visited UND today and was offered (he may have been offered before today). Calcaterra spent his first two years at CSU (recruited by Tim Miles). He redshirted his first year and then played sparingly as a freshman. He then transferred to Western Nebraska CC where last year he averaged less than 9 minutes and less than 4 points per game. I don't know if he was hurt but probably not as he played in all the team's 30 games. Nice size but I don't know how much he would contribute.

How would this work eligibility wise? 1 year deal after sitting out or can play right away with 2?

This would be a nice fit because he solves two big issues (no pun intended)

1. Adds a little more important depth to the 4's and 5's for next year in case of injuries, unforeseen circumstances, foul trouble, etc.

2. He is a TRUE Center

And I don't think we need to add a scorer on the inside. We don't pass to those guys anyway. But can he move to set screens and then get back down low for board?

He's from Cloquet, Mn, so UND would be his closest opportunity to play near home.

And I don't think we need to add a scorer on the inside. We don't pass to those guys anyway. But can he move to set screens and then get back down low for board?

If we had someone who could score inside, they would get the ball! Plus it would open things up more for our outside scorers.

If we had someone who could score inside, they would get the ball! Plus it would open things up more for our outside scorers.

Brekke can score inside. Has a great knack for it even if it isn't pretty. I believe last year he was leading all of D1 in shooting %. Makes the best out of few opportunities. This year the injuries really held him back.

Why would we offer a scholarship to a player that plays less than 9 minutes a game and less than 4 points a game for a JUCO school. Surely there has got to be someone better than this.

Why would we offer a scholarship to a player that plays less than 9 minutes a game and less than 4 points a game for a JUCO school. Surely there has got to be someone better than this.

He was pretty highly ranked out of HS and had alot of offers also. Their must be something there but he appears to not be progressing. At 6'10", he is probably worth the risk though. He cannot be any worse than Wilmer, who gave 4 years worth of minutes. No reason why this kid cannot do the same thing but with more athletic ability.

Ryan James@RyanJamesMN12m

PF Jake White is visiting North Dakota this weekend. Nebraska-Omaha is expected to be his next visit. Jake is transferring from Wichita St

Retweeted by Dom Izzo

I really hope we can get him. He would be without question a starter at the 4 for his 2 seasons here.

A Hooker, White, Calcaterra class would be very solid and would give help for next year (in Hooker and Calcaterra) and a good start to help replace our 2014 class.

I really hope we can get him. He would be without question a starter at the 4 for his 2 seasons here.

A Hooker, White, Calcaterra class would be very solid and would give help for next year (in Hooker and Calcaterra) and a good start to help replace our 2014 class.

Wonder how the visit went for White....

Don't forget about Dom Bennett. He'd be a nice addition. Could be the best guard on campus.

Really hope we can get him. He would sit out this year right?

Correct but I don't believe he's used his red-shirt year, meaning he'd still have two years of eligibility left after sitting out next year. He'd be a great addition to pair Hooker with for a couple of years. Hopefully he enjoyed his visit!

He was pretty highly ranked out of HS and had alot of offers also. Their must be something there but he appears to not be progressing. At 6'10", he is probably worth the risk though. He cannot be any worse than Wilmer, who gave 4 years worth of minutes. No reason why this kid cannot do the same thing but with more athletic ability.

Sioux83 Explain to me what you mean by this statement.

Sioux83 Explain to me what you mean by this statement.

Meant that Calcaterra would be a major inside presence that could eat minutes, grab rebounds, and play D at the center position, much like Wilmer did. However, he was much more highly recruited than Wilmer and has to be a better overall player. So I would expect more from him than Mitch could give. Nothing against Mitch, he had a decent 4-year career after being a walk-on I believe-worked hard for the program and improved.