SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Recruiting

UND Fan

Per Tom Miller from the Herald's live chat that just ended, Hooker's high school coach is none other than ex-UND player Broderick Powell, and he's assisted by another ex-UND player--Sherrod Russell.

Also, here is a UND Sports Talk blog on the Hooker commitment: http://undathletics.areavoices.com/2012/09/12/und-receives-verbal-from-park-center-guard-quinton-hooker/

Another offer:

PF Joe Aase, 6'7", Austin, MN Has offers frrom BU, Colgate, Davidson, Citadel, Idaho, Lafayette, New Hampshire, Northeasterrn and Wofford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUqrumloMBg&feature=relmfu

Hopefull we can try and land this kid. He looks like just what we need. Kinda reminds me a little of Mitchell, except a little bulkier, don't you think?

Credit to Burgundy from Bisonville for this link. Great information regarding each class although not sure how accurate some of it is (they have the two JUCOs coming in considered Freshmen).

http://www.verbalcom...ls/north-dakota

EDIT - it looks like you can suggest edits to the info, so someone that's a little more up on this could probably help them get any incorrect info updated.

Credit to Burgundy from Bisonville for this link. Great information regarding each class although not sure how accurate some of it is (they have the two JUCOs coming in considered Freshmen).

http://www.verbalcom...ls/north-dakota

EDIT - it looks like you can suggest edits to the info, so someone that's a little more up on this could probably help them get any incorrect info updated.

A great website....

AJ Patty looks like a good prospect, 6'8", 195 PF. Besides us, he has offers from SIU-Edwardsville, Miami (OH) & UIC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quinton Hooker officially signed his LOI yesterday! He is by far the biggest, most heralded recruit UND has ever gotten.

He had offers from 12 schools, including SDSU, NDSU, Tulane, UW-Milwaukee, etc.

http://www.twelve.tv...ewsitemid=20568

Truly a huge coup for UND and coach Jones, this class by far needs to hit if we are going to be successful in the future. Now I would like him to land a couple solid big men in this class either through JUCO/transfer or recuits. I also would like to see if we can't find a lights out shooting guard somewhere in the near future as well.

Without the knowledge of additional near future recruits, am I right, that our arsenal of players that will be here after 2014 are (that we know of barring injuries, ineligbility issues, transfers, etc.): Nash, Hooker, Antwi, Benton, Salmonson, Hobaugh, and Blake Thomas?

Without the knowledge of additional near future recruits, am I right, that our arsenal of players that will be here after 2014 are (that we know of barring injuries, ineligbility issues, transfers, etc.): Nash, Hooker, Antwi, Benton, Salmonson, Hobaugh, and Blake Thomas?

Yes. And the latter two are presumably walk-ons, so clearly there's a lot of recruiting to be done in the next couple of years.

Obviously a great get for UND. Where does he fit in next year with such a large group of guards, of which most are seniors ( Webb, Anderson, Schuler, Antwi, Benton, Huff, Hobaugh, Thomas).

That is the million dollar question I believe. Hooker defintely has the talent to play significant minutes right away next year, but who would he take minutes from? He would fit in the 1/2 role (mainly at point I would believe). Of course when Anderson, Webb, Schuler, and Huff graduate there would be no question he would be starting in 2014 and be a 3 year starter. He is that good. Now if for whatever reason he got a red-shirt, then he would be a 4 year starter.

He comes from the same conference as Anderson did (Park Center and Osseo are in the NW Suburban). The recruiting sites say he has a great on-court demeanor and is a prolific slasher in the lane. He looks pretty well built and plays well above his 6' height. It does help that he plays on the same AAU team with the likes as super recruit Tyus Jones (Apple Valley, can pick whatever college he wants) and high volume scorer Anders Broman (Providence Academy, SDSU commit), and has played exceptional.

A major coup in not only a great basketball player, but he has a good head on his sholders, just have a look at this interview and article about him.

http://www.twelve.tv/news/newsitem.aspx?newsid=318&newsitemid=20190

That is the million dollar question I believe. Hooker defintely has the talent to play significant minutes right away next year, but who would he take minutes from? He would fit in the 1/2 role (mainly at point I would believe). Of course when Anderson, Webb, Schuler, and Huff graduate there would be no question he would be starting in 2014 and be a 3 year starter. He is that good. Now if for whatever reason he got a red-shirt, then he would be a 4 year starter.

He comes from the same conference as Anderson did (Park Center and Osseo are in the NW Suburban). The recruiting sites say he has a great on-court demeanor and is a prolific slasher in the lane. He looks pretty well built and plays well above his 6' height. It does help that he plays on the same AAU team with the likes as super recruit Tyus Jones (Apple Valley, can pick whatever college he wants) and high volume scorer Anders Broman (Providence Academy, SDSU commit), and has played exceptional.

A major coup in not only a great basketball player, but he has a good head on his sholders, just have a look at this interview and article about him.

http://www.twelve.tv...ewsitemid=20190

Have you seen him play in person at all? Also I am pretty sure I have asked this before but how many players are we expecting to get in this class?

Have you seen him play in person at all? Also I am pretty sure I have asked this before but how many players are we expecting to get in this class?

I have not seen this kid play. The info I got was just looking up a few recruiting websites and some AAU junk. He is from a different part of the state than where I am from (he's from the Metro area and I am not).

I think with his LOI we have either 2 or 3 scholarships left to give out. Someone else who has a little bit more knowledge on this that I do will have to shed some light.