SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

One more time just so we're clear on what might be construed as being in bad taste vs being OK...

oi73zum2efx27hv3s57n.png

Feathers:  Clearly offensive, racist, and oppressive

5984_florida_state_seminoles-primary-201

A pale Elvis Presley with war-paint:  A-OK.

Love your post. Lets be clear here, the NCAA could care less about college hockey let alone college hockey in North Dakota where the NCAA was on warpath to set an example to UND. They would die without college football and basketball. That being said, in about 5 years the NCAA is going to be gone anyway because of the new autonomy rule......and thank God for that. The most corrupt organization this side of the current administration in Washington. 

• Upvote 1

From Goons World......

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2015/03/its-time-to-move-on-from-fighting-sioux.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/ZTZqA+(Goon's+World)&m=1

I am in total agreement. Pure and simple, University of North Dakota works for many of us!

"the university is still the university and they are still the same athletic teams on the ice, field, and court. It is still the Kelly Green and White we are all used to seeing every weekend, every game, every season. Just because there isn't a name or a logo anymore, doesn't mean the history and tradition of it is dead."

But somehow when a new nickname and logo is picked, all of this will change?  As has been stated many times, "University of North Dakota" has, is and always will be the one constant, not what follows it. 

Besides having some inaccuracies, the writer even tips his hand basically stating that no nickname allows Fighting Sioux to continue to live on.  That façade will only play for so long.

• Upvote 2

Everywhere I read about this, the concensus is that people would like to remain the University of North Dakota, with no additonal name or logo. I'm sure the school will manage to screw this up even more though. Not much faith in the administration of my alma mater.

• Upvote 2

From Goons World......

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2015/03/its-time-to-move-on-from-fighting-sioux.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/ZTZqA+(Goon's+World)&m=1

I am in total agreement. Pure and simple, University of North Dakota works for many of us!

While I agree with the premise of this article, it is so full of inaccuracies it's laughable. No scholarships?-wrong,Unable to participate in NCAA tournaments?-wrong. Didn't the home playoff sanction refer to on campus or home fields? All THREE Sioux tribes? This thing started far more than 4 years ago. C'mon  Goon, if you're going to reprint this stuff on your blog, do a little fact checking.

• Upvote 1

While I agree with the premise of this article, it is so full of inaccuracies it's laughable. No scholarships?-wrong,Unable to participate in NCAA tournaments?-wrong. Didn't the home playoff sanction refer to on campus or home fields? All THREE Sioux tribes? This thing started far more than 4 years ago. C'mon  Goon, if you're going to reprint this stuff on your blog, do a little fact checking.

Goon check facts? Never. He's right about 60% of the time.