SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

And UND got blowout on only two games this year. Sorry we are not Moorhead St where you will put up 80 points on us. We beat good teams including Montana and you know how tough they are...or at least in the coming years you will know how tough they are. But ISU and YSU proves how the mighty Herd can fall in their own building. UND knows all to well how to knock you guys on your ass in the Fargodome....4-1!

Good teams don't get blown out. You beat Montana...what was their record?

I said I don't count online students. Nothing about knowing more than Harvard. Always been more of an Cambridge fan though.

And don't forget only alumns can be fans....I always loved that BV theory.

It's the Darell theory. ..... Gotta love it

I'm not going to pretend that North Dakota was a very good team last year, obviously they were not. They were a middle of the pack team in arguably the best FCS conference in the country. They showed promise and they showed glaring deficiencies over the course of the season.

Good teams don't get blown out.

But...................

That is just an ignorant statement.

New England got blown out by Baltimore. Notre Dame got blown out by Alabama.

North Dakota lost to four Top 25 FCS teams, an FBS bowl team, and then crapped themselves against Northern Colorado................

Why is that? Why do people think this game would have been ugly? Didn't UND hang with San Diego State with a backup QB?

Look at the boxscore from what happened in Bozeman. 695 total yards to 180. .6 yards per carry on 25 carries.

I'm not going to pretend that North Dakota was a very good team last year, obviously they were not. They were a middle of the pack team in arguably the best FCS conference in the country. They showed promise and they showed glaring deficiencies over the course of the season.

But...................

That is just an ignorant statement.

New England got blown out by Baltimore. Notre Dame got blown out by Alabama.

North Dakota lost to four Top 25 FCS teams, an FBS bowl team, and then crapped themselves against Northern Colorado................

There is a big difference between losing 28-13 in the AFC Title Game and what happened to UND in Bozeman and Cheney. To compare those games to the Pats game(I hate the Pats) is ignorant.

You may have a point with the Notre Dame incident. Though Notre Dame has a tendency to get blasted off the field in the BCS games.

Look at the boxscore from what happened in Bozeman. 695 total yards to 180. .6 yards per carry on 25 carries.

There is a big difference between losing 28-13 in the AFC Title Game and what happened to UND in Bozeman and Cheney. To compare those games to the Pats game(I hate the Pats) is ignorant.

You may have a point with the Notre Dame incident. Though Notre Dame has a tendency to get blasted off the field in the BCS games.

Just remember anyone can beat anyone that's why we play the games. You go ahead and think the final score will be NDSU 70 UND 0, and I will think it will be a lot closer than that.

Just remember anyone can beat anyone that's why we play the games. You go ahead and think the final score will be NDSU 70 UND 0, and I will think it will be a lot closer than that.

I don't think anyone suggested a 70-0 type beatdown.

If only there were a way to finally solve all these questions??!! Hmmm....let me think...oh yeah...PLAY THE GAME!!! If NDSU is so confident that they are going to beat UND and blow them out...then schedule the game!! UND want to schedule the game and NDSU does not. Perception is NDSU is worried about losing to UND. Reality is there are logistical reasons why NDSU does not want to schedule this game. Perception often trumps reality in the mids of the general public!! :)

Oh I'm aware schools will count online students. Looks good for their numbers and those people are paying for an education that the institution is providing.

Are you going to feel like you have as much in common with them as a student who goes to UND on campus and experienced the dorms, classrooms, other aspects of college life? To me they aren't college students as much as they are taking college classes online.

Here is a column from the New York Times, written by a very respected columnist, that you and your Bville pals might want to read, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/opinion/sunday/friedman-revolution-hits-the-universities.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0. This is probably my favorite quote:

“There is a new world unfolding,” said Reif, “and everyone will have to adapt.”
I guess that doesn't include you and and your Bville pals.

Here is a column from the New York Times, written by a very respected columnist, that you and your Bville pals might want to read, http://www.nytimes.c...d=fb-share&_r=0. This is probably my favorite quote:

I guess that doesn't include you and and your Bville pals.

Idk why you are referring to my Bville pals, I don't know that they have a problem with taking classes online.

I also said earlier I understand the point of online classes. It will never replace the real college experience.

Idk why you are referring to my Bville pals, I don't know that they have a problem with taking classes online.

I also said earlier I understand the point of online classes. It will never replace the real college experience.

I refer to them because over the years many of them have put down online classes and students just like you continue to do. And you don't seem to understand that the "real college experience" is continually changing. It is different for everyone. There is no "real college experience" that is the same for everyone, or even for a majority of students. It's an illusion that you have stuck in your head, a relic from the past. Online classes are part of the "real college experience" for a large number of students now, and will continue to grow in importance. The important thing is whether the students get a quality education, not some image of the "real college experience" that you seem to have stuck in your head.

I refer to them because over the years many of them have put down online classes and students just like you continue to do. And you don't seem to understand that the "real college experience" is continually changing. It is different for everyone. There is no "real college experience" that is the same for everyone, or even for a majority of students. It's an illusion that you have stuck in your head, a relic from the past. Online classes are part of the "real college experience" for a large number of students now, and will continue to grow in importance. The important thing is whether the students get a quality education, not some image of the "real college experience" that you seem to have stuck in your head.

What Poindexter doesn't understand is that even the on campus students take online classes. It's how universities can provide more classes to more students without having to add classes or have stadium sized lecture halls.

What Poindexter doesn't understand is that even the on campus students take online classes. It's how universities can provide more classes to more students without having to add classes or have stadium sized lecture halls.

It also allows on campus students the opportunity to have an even more flexible schedule. They can take classes that are scheduled for the same period, or arrange classes around a work schedule instead of the other way around. It even helps athletes take classes they need that might otherwise interfere with practice. But Johnnyboy doesn't believe that any of those are part of the "real college experience".

It also allows on campus students the opportunity to have an even more flexible schedule. They can take classes that are scheduled for the same period, or arrange classes around a work schedule instead of the other way around. It even helps athletes take classes they need that might otherwise interfere with practice. But Johnnyboy doesn't believe that any of those are part of the "real college experience".

Hey, everyone needs a minor or DUI to be able to enjoy the college experience ;)

Most of the angst is in reference to calling or using online students in the final tally or being credited as full time students.

If they would in fact have a breakdown of full time students and those just picking up a class here and there on line I dont think you would hear much about it.

Most of the angst is in reference to calling or using online students in the final tally or being credited as full time students.

If they would in fact have a breakdown of full time students and those just picking up a class here and there on line I dont think you would hear much about it.

How about this...those people whether online or behind a desk trying to achieve a diploma from an institute of higher learning is called a student. Either way they both pay tuition and are trying to achieve the same goal. No one does it just to kill time. So really does it matter if they are sitting next to you in class or sitting behind their computer.

How about this...those people whether online or behind a desk trying to achieve a diploma from an institute of higher learning is called a student. Either way they both pay tuition and are trying to achieve the same goal. No one does it just to kill time. So really does it matter if they are sitting next to you in class or sitting behind their computer.

The only problem with that is the cost of delivering education to an online student is much different as compared to a traditional student. Yet state funding does not distinguish between the two.

• Upvote 1