SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Exactly, unless you've won something they won't (because their in bed) pay attention to you. EWU had to win something for people to pay attention.

Most of them aren't in bed. They just aren't going to pay attention to west coast football. If they are football fans living on the east coast they have had their fill from their own time zone plus whatever teams that they may be fans of in BCS football. It has nothing to do with being in a different time zone. It may have something to do with being 3,000 miles away. But time zones are not a major factor. Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't make it true. That kind of thing may work on Bville, but not here.
  • Upvote 1

NDSU recuits all the way from AZ to Florida this year. That is Coach Cooper's new area so don't pretend like NDSU is recruiting ND, MN and SD. They are still recruiting the same areas that UND is recruiting. Second, you and Dan need to keep telling fans whose programs have been affected by time zones how terrible they are. I personally have loved the road games. I go about my Saturday, get all my !@#$ done and come home and either put the game on the radio or use my HDMI cable and hook it up to my tv. And yes Johnnyboy, I am your average joe and learned how to do that all by myself.

Geez, have you looked at NDSU's football roster? A few from more exotic locations, but overwhelmingly upper midwest players. Kids in places like Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Iowa are going to be much more familiar with the MVFC schools, like NDSU, UNI, SDSU, USD, or the Illinois schools than they will ever be with any of the Big Sky schools. Heck, the Minneapolis kids are probably going to know some kids at some of those schools. Like it or not, that familiarity will give NDSU an advantage over UND in their traditional recruiting areas.

Geez, have you looked at NDSU's football roster? A few from more exotic locations, but overwhelmingly upper midwest players. Kids in places like Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Iowa are going to be much more familiar with the MVFC schools, like NDSU, UNI, SDSU, USD, or the Illinois schools than they will ever be with any of the Big Sky schools. Heck, the Minneapolis kids are probably going to know some kids at some of those schools. Like it or not, that will give NDSU an advantage over UND in their traditional recruiting areas.

Yah except everyone including football coaches from around the country who vote in polls confuses su with UND so there really is no advantage.

• 1 month later...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?120369-2013-Schedules/page13

Just got an email from a source VERYCLOSE to WCU's AD. The game will not be played. I don't know when it'll be announced but we will not coming to Fargo. Getting a bigger payday from Auburn. GO CATS!

This was from a Western Carolina fan. So if it stands true NDSU would need to fill Sept 21st, and if Montana buys out the UND game, UND has an open date already for Sept. 21st. UND @ NDSU Sept 21, 2013? Makes for an interesting offseason in the scheduling department.

http://www.anygivens...chedules/page13

This was from a Western Carolina fan. So if it stands true NDSU would need to fill Sept 21st, and if Montana buys out the UND game, UND has an open date already for Sept. 21st. UND @ NDSU Sept 21, 2013? Makes for an interesting offseason in the scheduling department.

I think it would be best for und to wait until after the 2013 season. You want a shot at our senior class in 2013, really? You need to re-think. MN doesn't want to step on the field with NDSU until after 2013. Getting throttled in 2013 and leaving a bad taste in your mouth until the next game in 2018 might not be the way to go for und.

I think it would be best for und to wait until after the 2013 season. You want a shot at our senior class in 2013, really? You need to re-think. MN doesn't want to step on the field with NDSU until after 2013. Getting throttled in 2013 and leaving a bad taste in your mouth until the next game in 2018 might not be the way to go for und.

Lets play next year. If you guys win or even kick ass it wouldn't be the first time and would get the ball rolling for continuation of the series. All the pressure would be on NDSU and UND would be massive underdogs so why not?

• Upvote 1

Why not? UND got its ass kicked by NDSU on the 80's and in 1994 UND kicked the crap out of NDSU on the first Sioux-Bison game at the dome 34-13. UND needs a game if Montana backs out and I don't think any FCS team would be off limits unlike NDSU.

Lets play next year. If you guys win or even kick ass it wouldn't be the first time and would get the ball rolling for continuation of the series. All the pressure would be on NDSU and UND would be massive underdogs so why not?

I am all for playing the game, no problem here.

See I would think they would want to play us if they think its going to be a blowout. What's more important a blowout against Prairie View or a blowout against UND. UND battles NDSU for recruiting so why not show recruits who's the boss of the state. We know its not NDSU in basketball or volleyball.

Exactly, unless you've won something they won't (because their in bed) pay attention to you. EWU had to win something for people to pay attention.

Was that South Dakota State's problem too?? The east coast went to bed instead of staying up to watch some great SUMMITMVFC football.

See I would think they would want to play us if they think its going to be a blowout. What's more important a blowout against Prairie View or a blowout against UND. UND battles NDSU for recruiting so why not show recruits who's the boss of the state. We know its not NDSU in basketball or volleyball.

we'll see in a couple days. Last year NDSU certainly had the better season despite losing a close game to UND, and have looked better than UND thus far this year.

we'll see in a couple days. Last year NDSU certainly had the better season despite losing a close game to UND, and have looked better than UND thus far this year.

Another Pro-NDSU response from Mr. Neutral that is wrong. How did NDSU "certainly" have a better season than UND last year, please explain?

While your at it go look at the schedules of the teams before you say NDSU has looked better this year. UND hasn't played a home game yet that counts.

They looked better than UND going into the game last year as well. Then UND won and NDSU ended the year with a 4-10 run including getting knocked out in the first round of the Summit tournament.

Not saying that NDSU can't win this year, especially if Huff doesn't play. UND would definitely miss his defense. He harassed and frustrated Braun last year and held him to about half of his season average. That was a big key to UND winning.

Ndsu was garbage last year. Good grief.

NDSU was pretty average last year I guess, garbage teams don't play in the postseason and NDSU did. I will say that team clearly hit the wall towards the end of the season and in the offseason there was some addition by subtraction.

There it is. When they lose to UND, both teams were garbage. When they win, they have a hell of a team and UND looked pretty good too.

I didn't mean it that way as disrespect to UND, sorry. UND was a better basketball team last season than NDSU. It was more of a comment about NDSU having a better overall season, which I disagree with. Carry on...

Yes...play the football game, I'm ready for it.