SiouxSports.com Forum

Good luck from the other ND

Notredave09

Hello North Dakota fans,

I'm a Notre Dame alum and hockey fan, and I just wanted to say congratulations on a stellar season thus far and good luck against the world's slimiest, crappiest, most despicable academic institution. We hope to see you in the final, and I hope our small contingent and your large contingent of fans will be cheering on each others teams in MSP, just like Denver (but with better results!)

Hello North Dakota fans,

I'm a Notre Dame alum and hockey fan, and I just wanted to say congratulations on a stellar season thus far and good luck against the world's slimiest, crappiest, most despicable academic institution. We hope to see you in the final, and I hope our small contingent and your large contingent of fans will be cheering on each others teams in MSP, just like Denver (but with better results!)

How do you really feel? :lol: Thanks by the way!!

Hello North Dakota fans,

Since when did NDSU get a hockey team! ;)

We each have those schools we despise.

Go Sioux Go!

Go Irish! (for one game anyways)

Hello North Dakota fans,

As for this Sioux Fan, i'll be cheering for Duluth. Love to see an all WCHA final.

As for this Sioux Fan, i'll be cheering for Duluth. Love to see an all WCHA final.

I respectfully disagree. A Fighting Sioux vs. Fighting Irish game would bring significantly more viewers (millions) due to Notre Dames large fan base and give our school and program more exposure. I hope Notre Dame beats Duluth but that will be a tall order for the Irish to do, they seem to be on fire right now. I just hope we can make short work of Michigan and adavnce to the big game!

I respectfully disagree. A Fighting Sioux vs. Fighting Irish game would bring significantly more viewers (millions) due to Notre Dames large fan base and give our school and program more exposure. I hope Notre Dame beats Duluth but that will be a tall order for the Irish to do, they seem to be on fire right now. I just hope we can make short work of Michigan and adavnce to the big game!

In all reality, i don't care who we play I just hope we play in that game.

Hello North Dakota fans,

I will be cheering for the Irish against UMD.

I'll tell you why.

So... how many UMD fans would be cheering for us against Michigan? I'd say very few. I will return the favor.

That and having bragging rights over my cousin, the UMD alum with a high paying job as opposed to me.... would be EXCELLENT.

That, and I had fun cheering for the Irish in Denver.

Hello North Dakota fans,

Thank you for your congratulations on our stellar season. Kudos to Notre Dame for its outstanding season as well. I know this is regressing, but had not the Michigan schools and the Irish left the WCHA years ago, just think about it: another all-WCHA Frozen Four. Best of luck to you, but I'm thinking we both have sterling competitors in the semifinals to get past first. In any event, good luck to Notre Dame.

Oh and by the way, I am already sick of that Michigan Fight song, whatever in the H E double hockey sticks it is named. :glare:

I hope to hear it just as many times as I hope to hear the Minnesota "spelling bee" Rouser at a hockey game: Six. Just six; specifically, to start and end each period. No more. ;)

I don't think UMD will continue their hot streak. By next Thursday, their roots on their high school hair do's will be showing and thats bad news.

Mullets didn't work the two previous years, going blonde didn't worke this year ... wonder what they will come up with next year.

I believe it is called Hail to the Victors.

The lyrics go:

Hey, those hats are so ugly

Hey, yes they are real ugly

Hey! Hey! The ugly hats

Oh please send them away ...

Hey, it's called maize not yellow

Hey, they don't call it yellow

Hey, Hey, they call it maize

So they don't have yellow pants.*

*And you know how you get yellow pants: You pee down your leg. ;)

Hello North Dakota fans,

Would Fighting Sioux vs Fighting Irish get some discussion going in the media about the inequity of how the NCAA has two standards as to what is hostile and abusive?

I have mixed feeling as to who to cheer for in the ND/UMD game. After sitting behind a spoiled, smart ass little college boy punk from UMD at the Final 5, I hope they get their ass kicked.

ND was fun to cheer for in Denver. Mainly because they were so amazed that they had so many new "best friends" cheering for them against BC. :ohmy:

I have mixed feeling as to who to cheer for in the ND/UMD game. After sitting behind a spoiled, smart ass little college boy punk from UMD at the Final 5, I hope they get their ass kicked.

ND was fun to cheer for in Denver. Mainly because they were so amazed that they had so many new "best friends" cheering for them against BC. :ohmy:

We had awful fans behind us at the Final Five from Duluth. At one point during the weekend my dad actually turned around and told tell them to quit yelling profanity in our ears the entire game (he didn't do it very nicely either). They were actually yelling at Dave Berger, who was sitting down by the penalty box a few rows in front of us during the CC game. They would yell at Sioux fans every time they stood up for an exciting moment or a rush.......wow....its a hockey game....don't get excited.... :glare:

I know UND has "those fans" too. And when we end up sitting by "those fans" we do our best to try and mellow them out a little bit. The Duluth fans made it be known that they were rooting for CC like no other.....

Lets go Irish! :blush:

Would Fighting Sioux vs Fighting Irish get some discussion going in the media about the inequity of how the NCAA has two standards as to what is hostile and abusive?

I think a Fighting Sioux v. Fighting Irish matchup would highlight the abitrary and illogical position of the NCAA. At the very least, ESPN should get someone from the NCAA on the air to explain why one nickname is acceptable and the other is not. No matter how polished an answer the NCAA provides, I think that most people would see the distinction as absurd. You can polish a turd as much as you want, but in the end, it's still a turd.