SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

I'm sure Lance Orender is going to land on his feet somewhere and will do just fine. Based on his earlier tweets, it would seem he really didn't want to be at North Dakota, which wasn't in the best interests of either side. I want kids that WANT to be at UND and so do the coaches.

The coaching staff probably did what they felt was best for the team moving forward. If they had reservations about a juco QB from California wanting to be here, then I don't blame them one bit for doing what they had to. They are looking for a leader at the QB spot.

I have to think the staff had a QB fall into their laps late in order for them to follow through on pulling the offer on Orender based on the recent SFI tweet.

Good luck to Orender. He will learn from this and be fine wherever he ends up.

I hope you are right but it would be very coincidental for a QB to "fall into our laps" within such a short window of time!

I'm sure Lance Orender is going to land on his feet somewhere and will do just fine. Based on his earlier tweets, it would seem he really didn't want to be at North Dakota, which wasn't in the best interests of either side. I want kids that WANT to be at UND and so do the coaches.

The coaching staff probably did what they felt was best for the team moving forward. If they had reservations about a juco QB from California wanting to be here, then I don't blame them one bit for doing what they had to. They are looking for a leader at the QB spot.

I have to think the staff had a QB fall into their laps late in order for them to follow through on pulling the offer on Orender based on the recent SFI tweet.

Good luck to Orender. He will learn from this and be fine wherever he ends up.

I am a pretty conservative old man, grandpa actually. I read most if not all of Orender's posts. Seems a bit flakey, but I did not see anything so obviously offensive or weird that would negate a talented kid coming to UND. Big head, yes, strange yes, but not enough to prevent a pretty talented kid from coming. I am assuming that either another or equal player is now available. Hope that is the case. UND needs serious help at the QB position and quickly.

Gotta cleanup things like Twitter and Facebook or at least make them private. This goes for anyone looking for a scholarship, job, etc. I'm interested in this potential FBS QB transfer. Anyone have an idea who it could be?

Luck! :lol:

I am a pretty conservative old man, grandpa actually. I read most if not all of Orender's posts. Seems a bit flakey, but I did not see anything so obviously offensive or weird that would negate a talented kid coming to UND. Big head, yes, strange yes, but not enough to prevent a pretty talented kid from coming. I am assuming that either another or equal player is now available. Hope that is the case. UND needs serious help at the QB position and quickly.

I too read quite a bit on his twitter account yesterday. I'm not sure if what he posted is what lead to the offer being revoked but he didn't seem as though he really wanted to come to UND. He also used that same word that a certain Laffayette WR used in one of his tweets which caused him to be suspended before they played the bison in the playoffs. He seems as though he has some talent though. I wish his mother and him the best of luck.

The thing is, it hurts our credibility a little by offering and then yanking after he accepted. I have no problem pulling an offer that hasn't been accepted because we can't wait forever but this wasn't the case. Rather like dumping your prom date after she says yes.

The thing is, it hurts our credibility a little by offering and then yanking after he accepted. I have no problem pulling an offer that hasn't been accepted because we can't wait forever but this wasn't the case. Rather like dumping your prom date after she says yes.

It is quite presumptuous to think we fans have all the details in this. Damage to any credibility might be supposed if the now former recruit was bad-mouthing the Sioux coaching staff for going back on their word. That just doesn't appear to be the case.

I read the kids twitter. There was nothing there that would justify some of the previous posts here. Might not be my style but I am sure more people than Fetch and Dave K don't like style. People have posted some stuff that really stretch the facts. I don't believe anyone really knows what happened. Sometimes kids misunderstand the schools interest in them or thier interst in us ( similar to the Woods kid in Bemidji). This kids Mom had a classy post and was complimentary of our coaches. Lets leave it at that. I understand recruiting is still going well for UND but don't have any other details.

I would assume that if UND coaching staff had unjustly puilled the offer form the kid either the Mother or her son more than likely would have made a disparaging remark towards UND. That didn't happen. Just the opposite. I think the Mother and her son realized that things were said that probably weren't appreciated by UND and actions were taken. It might be best for all. .

I would assume that if UND coaching staff had unjustly puilled the offer form the kid either the Mother or her son more than likely would have made a disparaging remark towards UND. That didn't happen. Just the opposite. I think the Mother and her son realized that things were said that probably weren't appreciated by UND and actions were taken. It might be best for all. .

Fully agree!

DB Sam Foltz from Grand Island (NE) has been offered, and will be visiting UND on the weekend of January 20. He's a rivals 2-star prospect, and also has offers from USD and SDSU: http://rivals.yahoo....college_choices

It should also be noted that he has UND, Nebraska and Oregon listed as "High" interest, and USD / SDSU listed as "Low" interest. Looks like a good player! I would think it might come down to a walk on at Nebraska or scholarship at UND. Hopefully the coaches can nab him!

Nice! Very nice! Looks like this may have even taken SFI by surprise.

We did tweet after the Orender situation that we had heard through the grapevine that UND was possibly getting an FBS transfer. We were waiting for actual confirmation though and are glad it came out so soon. This kid looks good. We will dig on it today and hopefully have something up later.

This is good news. Get someone in here to hold down the position for one year, hopefully play well and than let the young guys remaining fight it out to see who takes over after that. I think after this recruiting class we will have the young qb in our system we can develop. Hopfully this is the answer to the position that has been the biggest question mark the last couple years. Nice work by the coaching staff.

We did tweet after the Orender situation that we had heard through the grapevine that UND was possibly getting an FBS transfer. We were waiting for actual confirmation though and are glad it came out so soon. This kid looks good. We will dig on it today and hopefully have something up later.

Not surprised that you were onto this one, too. Thanks for the great job that you do!