SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Let's face it. Most recruits are hoping the very top schools will offer. Or every one wants a better offer if possible. We have a great schedule next year and the foundation of a very good football team. His comment sounds goofy but it doesn't mean he doesn't want to come here. He wouldn't have commited if he didn't want to be here. It also doesn't mean he isn't a good guy or will be very good for us. He could of used a better choice of words though. I am sure he wanted to go where he could play right away and also have a chance to win. It could be a great fit. I im sure our game in Fresno last year went a long way towards getting him.

Don't have access to twitter at work - care to give a flavor?

You're better off avoiding it. Its kind of all over the place. One thing is for sure, he definitely has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove everyone wrong who has overlooked him. That can work out great, but I don't see him transitioning well if he can't be the starting QB. Doesn't seem all that thrilled that UND was the only one really interested in him. I'm wondering if the coaches aren't putting their neck out a little on this one in terms of looking at talent and hoping that everything else falls into place. At this level, sometimes you need to do that and it can work out very, very well. There's a reason that some very talented kids end up in FCS, too small, not quite strong or fast enough, attitude/work ethic, etc.

I agree with some of the above, lets give the kid a chance to get here before we throw him under the bus. His coach said some other schools were waiting on some other offers before offering him, we'll see how it plays out. Hopefully by now the team has an identity inside the locker room and a kid either fits in or makes the proper adjustments to fit in. Newsflash- not every kid our coaches recruit will be an A+ student with a perfect attitude. Its up to the player to buy into the program and hopefully it works out in this case. A certain LB who just graduated had a little trouble and a little bit of an attitude before he got to UND and he ended up being a great player and a great person off the field. Give this kid a chance.

• Upvote 1

I agree with some of the above, lets give the kid a chance to get here before we throw him under the bus. His coach said some other schools were waiting on some other offers before offering him, we'll see how it plays out. Hopefully by now the team has an identity inside the locker room and a kid either fits in or makes the proper adjustments to fit in. Newsflash- not every kid our coaches recruit will be an A+ student with a perfect attitude. Its up to the player to buy into the program and hopefully it works out in this case. A certain LB who just graduated had a little trouble and a little bit of an attitude before he got to UND and he ended up being a great player and a great person off the field. Give this kid a chance.

Fair point, but I think there's a big difference between taking a chance on a local kid with some baggage, and adding a juco quarterback from California who may have some maturity issues, and who may not have a grasp on reality. Hopefully he was kidding when he tweeted that he could have started for any college he's seen this bowl season. :silly:

Dont assume we know what UND has returning. I have no information, but dynamics of football teams are always changing.

I suspect not everybody is returning. But I doubt everybody is leaving either. Signing juco quarterbacks in back to back seasons just doesn't sit well with me. I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

"I was hoping for something better, but as long as I have an opportunity and a scholarship, that's all I need. With almost the entire offense coming back, I think we'll do some sweet things."

This quote summarizes what it truly means to be an FCS program. Also, if you were a kid from Cali, would you be super excited about North Dakota? Get him here, show him it is pretty nice up here, see what he has. I don't think at UND there are many "divas" in the room, the coaching staff and players will straighten this QB out in a hurry if he has issues.

• Upvote 2

[

Fair point, but I think there's a big difference between taking a chance on a local kid with some baggage, and adding a juco quarterback from California who may have some maturity issues, and who may not have a grasp on reality. Hopefully he was kidding when he tweeted that he could have started for any college he's seen this bowl season. :silly:

Well, he doesn't suffer from confidence issues. That's at least one thing he's got going for him. :ohmy:

Let's face it. Most recruits are hoping the very top schools will offer. Or every one wants a better offer if possible. We have a great schedule next year and the foundation of a very good football team. His comment sounds goofy but it doesn't mean he doesn't want to come here. He wouldn't have commited if he didn't want to be here. It also doesn't mean he isn't a good guy or will be very good for us. He could of used a better choice of words though. I am sure he wanted to go where he could play right away and also have a chance to win. It could be a great fit. I im sure our game in Fresno last year went a long way towards getting him.

Based on his Twitter it appears he doesn't want to come here. Looks like his dad is pushing him to come here and now it's too late to change his mind. His "bruhs" (bros (friends)) are suggesting he transfer out after 1 year. :glare:

Just my opinion, but I think character is way more important than how far or how accurately one can throw the football. It's especially important in a leadership position like QB. Hopefully, someone with character takes him under his wing and helps him mature and make the transition.

So what does everyone think our QB depth chart will look like next year? Bradley #1? Mollberg?

Comes and Hendrickson will probably be ahead of Bradley. Bradley proved he can't make very many throws and got worse as the season went on which is not a good sign. We'll see what this guy can do, I was looking forward to seeing what Comes does this spring so I hope this doesn't create a too many chefs in the kitchen scenario.

Comes and Hendrickson will probably be ahead of Bradley. Bradley proved he can't make very many throws and got worse as the season went on which is not a good sign. We'll see what this guy can do, I was looking forward to seeing what Comes does this spring so I hope this doesn't create a too many chefs in the kitchen scenario.

What about Mollberg?

I honestly can't remember a true freshman starting at quarterback for the Sioux. If he does start this year that's great and we have a starter for four years and will probably be an outstanding offense after he's seasoned.

1994 Kevin Klancher? When Clay Wagner went down with a shoulder injury against NDSU. Or was he redshirted?

If he gets here and he sees we are pretty good and we do have a great schedule he might be very easy to coach. If we are winning games it is even better. Winning very ofen brings happiness. I agree that we need to cut him some slack and give him a chance. It could be a perfect fit.

• Upvote 1