SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Robert Morris - Saturday

MissSioux85

If anyone is listening on the radio, please post what Hak was told by Adam about Trupp's no goal and why it was waived off.

My guess:

~Couldn't see the puck physically in the net

~Meant to blow the whistle

~Guy interfered with the goalie before the puck got through

Wasn't called a goal on the ice, and wasn't conclusive in review that the puck crossed the line before the whistle.

Wow, what an explanation, the crowd actually covered up the sound of the whistle when they roared when the puck crossed the line.

Wasn't called a goal on the ice, and wasn't conclusive in review that the puck crossed the line before the whistle.

Wow, what an explanation, the crowd actually covered up the sound of the whistle when they roared when the puck crossed the line.

LIke Hakstol said, the league needs to get more looks. Refs now have such a limited view of the play. if they would've seen the side angle like on tv, i doubt they would've waved it off. of course, all arenas aren't going to have tv...

A great weekend sweep for the Sioux. RM showed tonight that they wouldn't lay by their dish and go away.

Personally, I am glad Dell was between the pipes when the puck was dropped. His solid play allowed Fratts to put it away with that laser beam shot of his.

Now it is time to turn attention to goldie...

GO SIOUX!!!

That was terrible. I'm pretty sure my neighbors in my apt complex could hear me yelling at the tv. I will never understand this goal review crap. I too have given up on understanding.

Maybe the non-goal call was one of those "intent" calls... they intended to blow the whistle, but couldn't react before the puck crossed the line? regardless... should have been a goal. lots of poor calls/non-calls this game. and what was up with the quick calls? poor positioning on the stripes.

Maybe the non-goal call was one of those "intent" calls... they intended to blow the whistle, but couldn't react before the puck crossed the line? regardless... should have been a goal. lots of poor calls/non-calls this game. and what was up with the quick calls? poor positioning on the stripes.

Does anyone have video of that goal?

Um, the puck wasn't held up at all by the goalie so the whistle couldn't be a reason for a no goal.

Now the referee could have been screened by the pads on the bottom of the net and not seen the puck. What I'm trying to figure out is what that Lander guy is doing inside that little glass box under the big red light right behind the net is for. He would have had a perfect view of that puck going in.

Why even bother with goal judges?

With the two games at UND, Robert Morris has moved out of the cellar and now boasts just the SECOND weakest schedule in the country (according to KRACH). Army now occupies the cellar.

North Dakota's strength of schedule took a hit, but the Fighting Sioux still claim the toughest schedule in the nation (Anchorage and Denver are within striking distance). Too bad we'll take another hit playing the Gophers next weekend. ;)

Dave

With the two games at UND, Robert Morris has moved out of the cellar and now boasts just the SECOND weakest schedule in the country (according to KRACH). Army now occupies the cellar.

North Dakota's strength of schedule took a hit, but the Fighting Sioux still claim the toughest schedule in the nation (Anchorage and Denver are within striking distance). . . . . .

Last I checked, RMU was, and still is, a Division I college hockey team. It is not very easy for anyone to make a D-I roster, anywhere. All D-I teams can, and often do, bring it. Kudos to RMU for their efforts on the ice. Last night was yet more proof, and a good reminder for players and fans alike, that anything can happen on any given night between any two D-I teams, especially when one squad is a bit lackadasical and the other is sporting a goaltender standing on his head.

Sure, the reffing was shaky. However, RMU was getting stiffed as often as were the Sioux.

A win is a win is a win. Let's get two more in what may well likely be the last Sioux-Gopher hockey games ever played.

The Sioux really dominated at times tonight, but the RMU goalie played very well.

I must have been at a different game because other than the 4 minutes late in the 3rd, UND didn't dominate for any real stretch IMO. The SOG thru the 2nd period were ever misleading.

That is as sloppy and uninspired as I've seen a UND team play in awhile. Let's make this point clear, RMU is a very bad team. They would compete with UAA and Tech for the WCHA basement.

Dell was the only player that gave a solid effort IMO, but this team has so much talent that a 4 minute stretch in the late 3rd period won the game. Outshot 17-5 at home in the 3rd!

The Gleason at forward experiment has to come to an end as well. That 4th line was useless compared to when Davidson was in there the night before. Where is Bruno or Cichy??

I keep harping on it, but how good of a shot does Frattin have? It's just sick!

Good to great team teams find ways to win even when they probably shouldn't. Last night effort almost beat talent because talent didn't work real hard.

I must have been at a different game because other than the 4 minutes late in the 3rd, UND didn't dominate for any real stretch IMO. The SOG thru the 2nd period were ever misleading.

That is as sloppy and uninspired as I've seen a UND team play in awhile. Let's make this point clear, RMU is a very bad team. They would compete with UAA and Tech for the WCHA basement.

Dell was the only player that gave a solid effort IMO, but this team has so much talent that a 4 minute stretch in the late 3rd period won the game. Outshot 17-5 at home in the 3rd!

The Gleason at forward experiment has to come to an end as well. That 4th line was useless compared to when Davidson was in there the night before. Where is Bruno or Cichy??

I keep harping on it, but how good of a shot does Frattin have? It's just sick!

Good to great team teams find ways to win even when they probably shouldn't. Last night effort almost beat talent because talent didn't work real hard.

I agree that the Gleason at forward thing has to end. He is not an offensive threat nor is he a dominant physical forechecker. He tries to be a physical forward, but it just doesn't work.

Last I checked, RMU was, and still is, a Division I college hockey team. It is not very easy for anyone to make a D-I roster, anywhere. All D-I teams can, and often do, bring it. Kudos to RMU for their efforts on the ice. Last night was yet more proof, and a good reminder for players and fans alike, that anything can happen on any given night between any two D-I teams, especially when one squad is a bit lackadasical and the other is sporting a goaltender standing on his head.

Sure, the reffing was shaky. However, RMU was getting stiffed as often as were the Sioux.

A win is a win is a win. Let's get two more in what may well likely be the last Sioux-Gopher hockey games ever played.

I have to disagree with your kudos. Bob was clutching and grabbing and holding sticks and playing really ugly, dirty hockey. The late hits on Blood and Knight were blatent.

They are a junk program in a junk league. We did them a favor by agreeing to play them, we embarrass them one night, and the next night they turn into something that looks like Junior C hockey.

I'll be happy to never see them again, and I wouldn't care if their program folded.

I agree that the Gleason at forward thing has to end. He is not an offensive threat nor is he a dominant physical forechecker. He tries to be a physical forward, but it just doesn't work.

Was Cichy hurt? He wasn't in the line-up this weekend.

I. . . . .They are a junk program in a junk league. . . . . . .I'll be happy to never see them again, and I wouldn't care if their program folded.

I'll be happy to never see them again either, at least this year, as they would probably beat us based on the efforts shown last night.

Don't forget that that another junk program in that junk league beat Big Shot DU last year to go to the Frozen Four.

I stopped underestimating folks, and programs, years ago. D-I hockey. Any night, any team, can beat anyone. If a team does not show

to play with heart.

Blaming it on the refs doesn't fly with me too often.

• Upvote 1