SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Robert Morris - Saturday

MissSioux85

Was Cichy hurt? He wasn't in the line-up this weekend.

I'm guessing that Cichy doesn't work on that "energy line" and that is why he was out.

I'd rather see him up with Knight and Kristo and move Jake back to D...

I'm really hoping that Gregoire makes it back as a shot in the arm for the playoff run

I'll be happy to never see them again either, at least this year, as they would probably beat us based on the efforts shown last night.

Don't forget that that another junk program in that junk league beat Big Shot DU last year to go to the Frozen Four.

I stopped underestimating folks, and programs, years ago. D-I hockey. Any night, any team, can beat anyone. If a team does not show

to play with heart.

Blaming it on the refs doesn't fly with me too often.

I didn't blame the officiating in any of my posts, and I know you have to play the games...you don't win games based on program prestige and player draft ranking.

I was just really, really disappointed in the style of game that team played for two periods last night. I'll give the third period props as that was pretty up and down hockey.

clutch, grab, chip it, slash, chip it...that is not good hockey, that is just ugly. Then add in the cheap shots, and it gets ridiculous.

Needless to say, I will not be shedding any tears for Bob...ever

I don't buy the "They don't have enough looks" argument. The look that they had CLEARLY showed the puck entered the net. Hmmmm.....the crowd noise drowned out the whistle.....probably because the puck was already in the fricken net.

Horrible call by Adam.....but we already know he's a horrible official.

I don't buy the "They don't have enough looks" argument. The look that they had CLEARLY showed the puck entered the net. Hmmmm.....the crowd noise drowned out the whistle.....probably because the puck was already in the fricken net.

Horrible call by Adam.....but we already know he's a horrible official.

Not only did they have enough looks (1) they saw that the puck moved quickly off of the stick and into the net. There's no way the whistle could have blown that fast.

Was Cichy hurt? He wasn't in the line-up this weekend.

I would say a healthy scratch. He was walking in the hall and had no limp as i could tell so i would rule out "lower body injury."

He has been playing hard lately, I think that Hakstol is just playing with lines right now to see what kind of options he has for later in the season. The lines on the ice have been able to get the job done and so he is a bit more comfortable expirementing as long as he is getting W's. The thing is IMO it made us a one line team last night. Once again, PE has to bail us out.

From the top camera angle you really couldn't see that the puck was in the net until Knight jabbed at the puck/pads. The puck, while sitting just across the line, was covered by the goalie's glove. Immediately after the play the goalie started pointing at Knight like he was sticking the goalie's pads. I bet that the refs were not aware that the puck was already in before any of that occurred, and thought that Knight was the player that scored the alleged goal. From the other angles it was clear that the puck was in before any of the other activity. Thankfully it didn't end up mattering.

The Gleason at forward experiment has to come to an end as well. That 4th line was useless compared to when Davidson was in there the night before. Where is Bruno or Cichy??

Yes, agree. Davidson appears to bring it 100% every shift, and is physically more dominating than the others available.

Here is a video of the disallowed goal as well as Frattin's goal of beauty. As I said in the blog post the first view is UTTERLY CLEAR the puck was in before the whistle was blown.

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2011/01/wcha-buffoons-blow-another-replay.html

It also seems utterly clear that Adam et.al. felt they needed to toss one out to even things with RM's coach. But honestly, I thought they got the first no-goal call right (even when I try to be objective). Seems like more proof to me that the WCHA officiates by "eye for an eye" rather than calling the game as it's played in front of them.

Not to mention ignoring all the clutching, grabbing, and other infractions going on. The reffing last night was questionable at best.

EDIT: The above is a comment on the officiating. I could still ask the question "Where was the intensity we saw in the last four minutes for the other fifty-six?" It was pretty obvious that once the goal was called back the Fighting Sioux were going to score. They dominated that shift. I didn't see that all-out intensity for much of the game.

It also seems utterly clear that Adam et.al. felt they needed to toss one out to even things with RM's coach. But honestly, I thought they got the first no-goal call right (even when I try to be objective). Seems like more proof to me that the WCHA officiates by "eye for an eye" rather than calling the game as it's played in front of them.

Not to mention ignoring all the clutching, grabbing, and other infractions going on. The reffing last night was questionable at best.

I think they got the call right on the Morris disallowed goal. The RMU player went into the crease on his own. On the other hand the Sioux Dman did try to move him out slightly leaving a gray area of whether we contributed to the goalie interference or not.

But I expect that the fact that one had gone against RMU already was part of the nerve process ( I hesitate to call it thought process) that led to our disallowed goal.

I must have been at a different game because other than the 4 minutes late in the 3rd, UND didn't dominate for any real stretch IMO.

I thought the last 10min of the 2nd period were all UND. Multiple posts and great looks right in the slot, they were throwing multiple great chances at the RMU goalie but he came up big.

The 3rd period certainly wasn't UND's best effort. But a win is a win, so I'll take it regardless. The big name players stepped up at the right time.

Now it's time to take it to the Gophers.

did anyone else catch the post game radio show on sat night? TH asked frattin if they maybe didn't come out with a lot of jump and being focused. frattin said no that they have a a lot of leaders on this team that wouldn't allow that to happen like in his words they overlooked new hampshire and yale inthe NCAA tournament the last two years. are you kidding me? how do you overlook anyone in the torunament especially the way upsets have happed the past four years?

did anyone else catch the post game radio show on sat night? TH asked frattin if they maybe didn't come out with a lot of jump and being focused. frattin said no that they have a a lot of leaders on this team that wouldn't allow that to happen like in his words they overlooked new hampshire and yale inthe NCAA tournament the last two years. are you kidding me? how do you overlook anyone in the torunament especially the way upsets have happed the past four years?

I did hear that on the way home...suprised me too.