SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

gfhockey

Didnt know where else to put this but Hak said this is the start of another great contract with Maine in which they will be coming here next year.

Also we have contracts signed with Boston and Vermont thru 2016. DIdnt have exact years but im assuming alternating.

I think its great we step up and get quality teams in the ralph rather then UMASS haha.

Didnt know where else to put this but Hak said this is the start of another great contract with Maine in which they will be coming here next year.

Also we have contracts signed with Boston and Vermont thru 2016. DIdnt have exact years but im assuming alternating.

I think its great we step up and get quality teams in the ralph rather then UMASS haha.

Which Boston?

Boston University

Could it be possible that we have scheduled an agreement like we did with BC and Northeastern? If I remember right BC first came to Grand Forks for a weekend series. Next, UND played a weekend series in Boston, playing BC one night and Northeastern the next. Then Northeastern came to the Ralph for two games and to finish out the contract we went to Boston to play BC and Northeastern one last time. I liked this arrangement and went to the final game at BC (where the 3rd period got fogged out) and Northeastern and had a great time.

Hey now, Robert Morris is 4-0 to start this season, beating some decent teams in OSU and Air Force. :)

Was about to say the same thing. You can't take anyone lightly. Parity is a mainstay in college hockey at the moment, and those are going to be some games that could help us in the PWR.

• Upvote 1

Also, these type of scheduling contracts in the future are exactly what UND needs to do to keep the interest at a very high level for big-time recruits once the BTHC arrives. We've always played good schools anywhere at anytime, but it's going to be even more imperative in the future.

• 1 month later...

Hey now, Robert Morris is 4-0 to start this season, beating some decent teams in OSU and Air Force. :)

The last time that Notre Dame was here, Jeff Johnson had just come in and was trying to build up the program. He asked to come here without asking for a return trip because he felt that a trip to GF was necessary.

UND has always been willing to work with all programs to build up the sport. So it's not a bad thing to work with a Robert Morris to help them out.

We've played the toughest schedule out there so far. RM coming in isn't a bad thing.

The last time that Notre Dame was here, Jeff Johnson had just come in and was trying to build up the program. He asked to come here without asking for a return trip because he felt that a trip to GF was necessary.

UND has always been willing to work with all programs to build up the sport. So it's not a bad thing to work with a Robert Morris to help them out.

We've played the toughest schedule out there so far. RM coming in isn't a bad thing.

I'm hoping maybe the Robert Morris series is tied to a return for a tourney at the Penguins new arena. That is the site of the 2013 Frozen Four and likely a future regional site, and it wouldn't be terrible to play a couple of games there prior. The Sioux did that in 2003, playing at the Punch Imlach tournament in Buffalo, but unfortunately didn't make the Frozen Four.

I'd imagine you could see a tournament with Robert Morris and maybe Penn State against North Dakota and some other big name team, perhaps Michigan, Ohio State or a Hockey East club. That would be a decent holiday or early season tourney.

I dont think UND would want to waste the time to go and play Robert Morris. I know they beat Miami last year and OSU this year but their program is real weak. I left ND to go to college in western PA and Robert Morris is the only division one hockey around so I try and go watch games on weekends. They struggle to get more than 300-500 people in the stands. Even when they did play at the Consol Center this year, I was there and it was empty. And after watching RMU for the last couple years, lets just say I'm ready for the SIOUX to humiliate them in January!

I just caught part of a replay of the Inside Fighting Sioux Hockey show and Hak stated that the games with Notre Dame are a home-home. We will be playing in their new arena in 2 years. I take that as 2012-13.

That's what the coaches were saying at boosters on Friday. They wanted to do it next year for first season of new arena but couldn't get it to work out.

I dont think UND would want to waste the time to go and play Robert Morris. I know they beat Miami last year and OSU this year but their program is real weak. I left ND to go to college in western PA and Robert Morris is the only division one hockey around so I try and go watch games on weekends. They struggle to get more than 300-500 people in the stands. Even when they did play at the Consol Center this year, I was there and it was empty. And after watching RMU for the last couple years, lets just say I'm ready for the SIOUX to humiliate them in January!

How about bringing them slick black sweaters to Oxford sometime soon :)

How about bringing them slick black sweaters to Oxford sometime soon :)

Wishing for the Sioux to play in Oxford is admirable...inviting them to bring their black sweaters is insane. :D I'd love to see the Sioux play in Oxford. I wish when Miami came last year that it was more than just a Holiday Tourney with only one meeting. Miami has a great environment (when football isn't scheduled) and a beautiful arena that can be very vocal at times. Enrico Blasi has been a great asset to college hockey in Miami.

Wishing for the Sioux to play in Oxford is admirable...inviting them to bring their black sweaters is insane. :D I'd love to see the Sioux play in Oxford. I wish when Miami came last year that it was more than just a Holiday Tourney with only one meeting. Miami has a great environment (when football isn't scheduled) and a beautiful arena that can be very vocal at times. Enrico Blasi has been a great asset to college hockey in Miami.

Yeah I was disappointed OhSU had to piggyback on the trip last year. Would have been great to see a full series.

I'd like to see New Hampshire come back soon. When they played in GF a few years back, I had to miss the series because of a funeral. They are at the top of my list of schools to see play now, probably.

When it comes to playing schools like Robert Morris, UND believes in scheduling the small and up and coming programs to help them build up thier programs. Sure, it's not very exciting to see Robert Morris come to the REA, but if it is for the greater good of college hockey, then it is fine with me!

I remember that UNH series a few years back all to well. It was supposed to be JVR's (Flyers #1 Draft Pick) trip to GF, but he went to play with the World Jr's and what-not.

Then after the Friday game i was in a horrible accident and stuck in the ditch between GF and Fargo for 2 hours till a plow pulled us out.

Then another 8 hour drive to the In-Laws place in MN.

That day was my 1 Year Old son's B-Day. And it was almost our last...Everyone was fine, just a crazy, crazy night.

That is why i am appreciative for everyday we spend with family. You just never know...

Be safe Everyone...

Heck I think UND should load up on cupcakes and creme puffs in their non conference schedule and blast them because the pollsters seem to be real impressed with whopping on the weak sisters of the poor. Humor aside, I don't know if I would classify RMU as a pasty or as wasting a trip out east, because RMU has beaten ND and Miami in the past.

The Robert Morris series may have huge PWR implications. Currently, RMU is in the PWR. They are the last team in, so they are hanging on by a thread for now, but if we sweep them, and they stay as a TUC come the final PWR, that will be big. Our 7-5-1 record against TUC's isn't stellar and may cost us a couple spots down the stretch if we don't beat the rest of the TUC teams we face.

Also, getting swept by Maine is already showing it's detriment rankings-wise because it will be very difficult to get that Head-to-head PWR point with those two head-to-head losses to them.

The Robert Morris series may have huge PWR implications. Currently, RMU is in the PWR. They are the last team in, so they are hanging on by a thread for now, but if we sweep them, and they stay as a TUC come the final PWR, that will be big. Our 7-5-1 record against TUC's isn't stellar and may cost us a couple spots down the stretch if we don't beat the rest of the TUC teams we face.

Also, getting swept by Maine is already showing it's detriment rankings-wise because it will be very difficult to get that Head-to-head PWR point with those two head-to-head losses to them.

UND has already played the toughest part of their schedule. Going forward they won't play as many TUCs, but they should be able to continue winning at a very good rate. That winning will help them maintain position, and may help if the other teams take turns picking each other off. I project that if they continue playing like they have the last month they will end up as a #1 seed or very close to it. The only way I see the Maine losses hurting is if it knocks them down to a #2. It is really early to get too involved with PWR because so much is going to happen to so many teams over the next 3 months.

UND has already played the toughest part of their schedule. Going forward they won't play as many TUCs, but they should be able to continue winning at a very good rate. That winning will help them maintain position, and may help if the other teams take turns picking each other off. I project that if they continue playing like they have the last month they will end up as a #1 seed or very close to it. The only way I see the Maine losses hurting is if it knocks them down to a #2. It is really early to get too involved with PWR because so much is going to happen to so many teams over the next 3 months.

you're right it is way too early to start getting into pairwise. that said if we keep winning at the rate we are the maine losses shouldn't hurt too bad as we'll have a high enough rpi and tuc record to cancel out the common opponent category against other teams and head to head versus maine. if we were to happen to be a #2 I would love to be matched up in yale's bracket. I think we owe them one from last year.