SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

gfhockey

Ice Breaker it is!

UND nation’s elite at 2011 Ice Breaker

College Hockey, Inc., in conjunction with the University of North Dakota athletics department and Ralph Engelstad Arena, announced today that UND will host the annual Ice Breaker Tournament to open the 2011-12 season. The tournament will take place Oct. 7-8.

The 15th annual Ice Breaker Tournament will feature four of the most storied programs in NCAA men's hockey, including North Dakota and Boston College, currently the top two ranked teams in the country, as well as Michigan State and Air Force.

EDIT: Ticket information

Tournament ticket packages will go on sale to the general public on Friday, March 4 at 10 a.m. Packages are $70 (adult) and $40 (youth). Tickets may be purchase at the UND Box Office at Ralph Engelstad Arena, online at Ticketmaster.com, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

my question is, due to family obligations(another child) I will probably be unable to renwew my tickets for next season-can I still get my seats for the Ice Breaker though?

i bought my ice breaker tickets this afternoon....they didnt ask if i was renewing my season tickets!

• 1 month later...

I see we are playing BC in the Icebreaker and Harvard but both games are in GF. Any rumor who the away East Coast team we play this year?

I haven't seen much on the message board...

Earlier in this thread, there's mention of agreements with Boston U and Vermont over the next few years. Perhaps we'll be making the trip to one of those schools next season?

I see we are playing BC in the Icebreaker and Harvard but both games are in GF. Any rumor who the away East Coast team we play this year?

I haven't seen much on the message board...

Sounds like they may not play out east this year according to Schlossman today.

Here is what I've been able to uncover. Still missing a few.

SEPT.30-OCT.1

OCT.7-8 ICE BREAKER REA

OCT.14-15 MAINE

OCT.21-22 @ WISCONSIN

OCT.28-29 SCSU

NOV.4-5 @ U OF M

NOV.11-12

NOV.18-19@ BSU

NOV.25-26 CC

DEC.2-3@UAA

DEC.9-10 UNO

DEC.16-17

DEC.23-24

DEC.30-31

JAN.6-7

JAN.13-14 U OF M

JAN.20-21 @ SCSU

JAN.27-28 WISCONSIN

FEB.3-4

FEB.10-11@ UMD

FEB.17-18 MICH TECH

FEB.24-25 @ DU

MAR.2-3 MANKATO

I hope so. Girls weekend loses some appeal if you take the hockey out of drinking beer and watching hockey.

I'm guessing this is for the women. as the ice breaker will be the opener for us other than the manitoba exhibition. the sioux women have a return trip out there being bu came here last year.