SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

gfhockey

We are tied for the 2nd best RPI with Duluth, so there isn't much room for gaining points there, just maintaining that position. Our biggest room for improvement is against TUC teams and our Record against Common Opponents of the TUC's. The Common Opponent record is drastically effected by the Maine series, where that critical point comes in when being compared to the East coast schools who play Maine. A split would be a huge advantage over actual result.

It's too early to look at the PWR when talking about Tournament Seeding, but it isn't too early to start discussing PWR because each weekend counts equally in the PWR. It's important to know how each series can effect your PWR standings.

Who knows...what if UND drops a bunch of games no one would expect they'd lose and we are on the bubble? Then things get real interesting.

We are tied for the 2nd best RPI with Duluth, so there isn't much room for gaining points there, just maintaining that position. Our biggest room for improvement is against TUC teams and our Record against Common Opponents of the TUC's. The Common Opponent record is drastically effected by the Maine series, where that critical point comes in when being compared to the East coast schools who play Maine. A split would be a huge advantage over actual result.

It's too early to look at the PWR when talking about Tournament Seeding, but it isn't too early to start discussing PWR because each weekend counts equally in the PWR. It's important to know how each series can effect your PWR standings.

Who knows...what if UND drops a bunch of games no one would expect they'd lose and we are on the bubble? Then things get real interesting.

But we also have no idea what the other teams are going to do over the next 3 months. If UND has had the toughest schedule in the nation, it would figure that some of the other contenders will probably face a tougher schedule in the coming weeks. Then it depends on what they do against that tougher competition. Other teams wins and losses will affect their own PWR and UND's PWR. You can't isolate UND and just pay attention to what they are doing. What everyone else that is a TUC (or close to being a TUC) does also plays into the process. And that is waaaaaaay to many variables to get caught up in before Christmas.

But we also have no idea what the other teams are going to do over the next 3 months. If UND has had the toughest schedule in the nation, it would figure that some of the other contenders will probably face a tougher schedule in the coming weeks. Then it depends on what they do against that tougher competition. Other teams wins and losses will affect their own PWR and UND's PWR. You can't isolate UND and just pay attention to what they are doing. What everyone else that is a TUC (or close to being a TUC) does also plays into the process. And that is waaaaaaay to many variables to get caught up in before Christmas.

I understand the process, I don't need an explanation. The thing is, the Sioux need help in areas that only they control. Basically, winning helps. The rest of the season is going to fly by (like it always does), and what does it hurt to discuss these things? That's part of this forum. There's only so much to discuss on a weekly basis, so why not the Pairwise?

I understand the process, I don't need an explanation. The thing is, the Sioux need help in areas that only they control. Basically, winning helps. The rest of the season is going to fly by (like it always does), and what does it hurt to discuss these things? That's part of this forum. There's only so much to discuss on a weekly basis, so why not the Pairwise?

I'll start a new thread on proposed nicknames...that's always a hot topic... :)

I thought this Twitter exchange was interesting...

@UNDMHKY: is it true that UND and UNO will play a game in Winnipeg next year?

UNDMHKY: Not that we know of. Word is coaches want to have an exhibition game there at some point though.

I kind of like the idea of an exhibition game in Winnipeg. What do you think?

And again, I ask,how about playing every year at Princeton :)

because we don't play the same teams non-conference every year :) it limits competition if we always played the same teams ... nor do we usually play eastern teams without an agreement in said eastern teams coming to play a series at REA in return. (see Cornell).

I thought this Twitter exchange was interesting...

@UNDMHKY: is it true that UND and UNO will play a game in Winnipeg next year?

I kind of like the idea of an exhibition game in Winnipeg. What do you think?

One would think it'd be a GREAT recruiting opportunity. A few talented youngsters may see the Sioux North Dakota on the ice up there and say, "that's where I want to play one day".

It certainly wouldn't hurt. It'd be cool if they could pit a WHL team against UND.

Nodak,

There has been talk of the Islanders going to Kansas City because the owner has been trying to get a new arena for years and years. Personally,I always thought the Nassau Coliseum was one of the best places to see hockey,basketball,concerts,etc. I never cared about huge hallways and luxury boxes,but I do realize it is a way to hike prices.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Per Brad's Blog

I’ve tried for over a month now to get official confirmation on this, but have been unable to. That’s probably because no contracts have been signed, so nobody wants to talk. But I’ve gotten extremely strong indications from several people that UND is going to be hosting the Ice Breaker to open next season with a big-time lineup of Boston College, Michigan and Air Force coming to town.

If true, what a way to open the season! Hopefully a young Sioux team can stand up to the challenge. That lineup reads like an NCAA bracket of death. :lol:

Also,

As far as the other nonconference games are concerned, we know that Maine and Harvard are both coming to Grand Forks. And, of course, there is the pending game in Winnipeg against Omaha

Per Brad's Blog

If true, what a way to open the season! Hopefully a young Sioux team can stand up to the challenge. That lineup reads like an NCAA bracket of death. :lol:

Also,

An Ice Breaker like that would be an amazing tournament to host at the Ralph. I'm sure Jody Hodgson buys Hak awesome Christmas presents for pulling in such great competition. Looks a little like the Frozen Four.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Brad's Blog

Also,

there is a major announcement coming today at 1:30 in regards to the 2011-2012 schedule. I would be willing to bet this is what it is.