SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MANITOBA BISON

AZSIOUX

We need a like button on this site.

Working on it ;) You can "like" threads (see the bottom) which adds them to your Facebook news feed, but can only give "rep" to individual posts (which only raises their stature within the forum). Clearly "liking" individual posts is desirable...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow, not a bad start. The passing and positioning was not always crisp. It was hard not to be really impressed with Forbert. He looks 100% WCHA ready. He created the Gregoire goal, and had other flashes of brilliance on both offense and D.

Gregoire was the best player on the ice. Knight was not far behind. I COULD see Kristo on the 3rd line.

Genoway, looked good, but not yet the brilliant player we saw 9 times last year. The shot and timing were a little off.

I was a little disappointed that Rodwell did not dress, but that tells me he is likely a project this season.

Simpson looked like a 17 year old, but how many 17 year old players dress for the Sioux.

Nelson had a few flashes, and it was hard not to see TJ Oshie out there. He has that same stickhandling in a phone booth skill set.

Though he played well last season, it looks like Gleason will be the odd man out to start the season on D.

Frattin's goal just didn't seem fair. A rocket shot in a perfect location. Malone was a man among boys. Trupp was a little quiet.

Blood didn't take long to get his first crushing hit of the season. McMonster was his normal rock solid self.

Cichy got alot of time including PP, I don't know if that was to earn a spot or a sign of more to come.

Davidson will make some of the scholarship players work hard to get him out of the lineup.

Hextall and Lammy remain an annoyance to other teams.

Bruneteau, Rowney were not too noticeable.

Eids was great Dell was OK.

Interesting change to player introductions this year. Rather than having everyone line up behind the net for the starting lineup, each player was introduced one by one and as they skated out from the tunnel fireworks went off on either side. The last six players introduced made up the starting lineup. The crowd erupted when Chay's name was announced. Manitoba didn't come onto the ice until after our starting lineup was announced.

It reminded me a lot of what some NHL teams do. I wonder if they will continue doing introductions that way or if it was something they were trying out.

Interesting change to player introductions this year. Rather than having everyone line up behind the net for the starting lineup, each player was introduced one by one and as they skated out from the tunnel fireworks went off on either side. The last six players introduced made up the starting lineup. The crowd erupted when Chay's name was announced. Manitoba didn't come onto the ice until after our starting lineup was announced.

It reminded me a lot of what some NHL teams do. I wonder if they will continue doing introductions that way or if it was something they were trying out.

They've done that every year for the first game of the season as long as I can remember. Things will be back to normal when they return home for their first real games.

the refs conferred and reviewed then came out on the ice and signalled a goal

They only showed the replay of the goal from the overhead cam once at the Ralph, it definitely looked as though it did not clear the line. If it hits nothing but pipe... Just because the refs reviewed it, doesn't mean that the puck actually cleared the line. Two words; Randy Schmidt

Only one game, but I like what I saw in Forbort. Nelson appeared pretty gritty as the game went on, going back and forth with some of the Manitoba players.

Overall, rusty, but they got some time at game speed against these Canucks. Now, on to Alaska, and some big games for Pairwise.

They only showed the replay of the goal from the overhead cam once at the Ralph, it definitely looked as though it did not clear the line. If it hits nothing but pipe... Just because the refs reviewed it, doesn't mean that the puck actually cleared the line. Two words; Randy Schmidt

Thats the way I saw it. It was going right into the pipe and bounced straight out. I can't figure out how it could hit the pipe like that and go in.

Now of course it's an exhibition game. I certainly don't blame Mason for getting the call wrong in the first place (assuming that what we think we saw on the one replay) but you have to be concerned that he didn't reverse himself.

Derek Forbort is the real deal. That was easy to see. He was out there for all 5 UND goals. That was no coincidence.

Projected lineup this weekend.

Trupp-Malone-Frattin

Gregoire-Knight-Hextall

Cichy-Nelson-Kristo

Lamoureux-Rowney

MacWilliam-Genoway

Blood-Forbort

Marto-Lapointe

Simpson

Eidsness

Dell

Thats the way I saw it. It was going right into the pipe and bounced straight out. I can't figure out how it could hit the pipe like that and go in.

Now of course it's an exhibition game. I certainly don't blame Mason for getting the call wrong in the first place (assuming that what we think we saw on the one replay) but you have to be concerned that he didn't reverse himself.

It hit the bar that makes up the top/back of the net and came straight out.

Derek Forbort is the real deal. That was easy to see. He was out there for all 5 UND goals. That was no coincidence.

Trupp-Malone-Frattin

Gregoire-Knight-Hextall

Cichy-Nelson-Kristo

Lamoureux-Rowney

MacWilliam-Genoway

Blood-Forbort

Marto-Lapointe

Simpson

Eidsness

Dell

Agreed on Forbort. Much like MacWilliam last season, he didn't look out of place at all as a freshman.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kristo gets put on the line with Gregoire and Knight and then Hexy gets put with Cichy/Nelson.

Good call, definitely a goal.

Trupp-Malone-Frattin

Gregoire-Knight-Hextall

Cichy-Nelson-Kristo

Lamoureux-Rowney

MacWilliam-Genoway

Blood-Forbort

Marto-Lapoint

Simpson

Eidsness

Dell

so your lineup leaves out hill(d-f), gleason(d-f), bruneteau(f) and rodwell(f) and davidson (f)

if they roll a standard 12 (f) , 6(d) and 2 (g) i can see a major battle between rod/brun/davidson/gleason

did gleason play any forward last night?? anyone know? if not he could be the odd man out in both spots

4bort was very very good for his first college game. he will see pp time. he also stuck up for lapoint when he got checked from behind as did every sioux player on the ice, loved seeing that from the freshman.

nelson was solid. (9 for 10 in face offs!) he has great hands as he showed that a couple times during the game and i saw him lay a nice hit

cichy played good minutes and played on the pp which is a great sign

i cant remember the last time hak rolled 7 d men if he even has at all on purpose. that being said i can see it happening with the talent of simpson and the depth the sioux have at forward. if it doesnt work like that i expect a few d men to switch out fri and sat to play dillon and others. kristo with nelson could be dangerous for other teams and i believe knight is going to break out this year.

so your lineup leaves out hill(d-f), gleason(d-f), bruneteau(f) and rodwell(f) and davidson (f)

if they roll a standard 12 (f) , 6(d) and 2 (g) i can see a major battle between rod/brun/davidson/gleason

did gleason play any forward last night?? anyone know? if not he could be the odd man out in both spots

4bort was very very good for his first college game. he will see pp time. he also stuck up for lapoint when he got checked from behind as did every sioux player on the ice, loved seeing that from the freshman.

nelson was solid. (9 for 10 in face offs!) he has great hands as he showed that a couple times during the game and i saw him lay a nice hit

cichy played good minutes and played on the pp which is a great sign

i cant remember the last time hak rolled 7 d men if he even has at all on purpose. that being said i can see it happening with the talent of simpson and the depth the sioux have at forward. if it doesnt work like that i expect a few d men to switch out fri and sat to play dillon and others. kristo with nelson could be dangerous for other teams and i believe knight is going to break out this year.

great stat on nelson, i wouldnt have expected that. I thought he looked slow and uneasy when i was watching him. Simpson certainly looked like a rookie on D. Forbort looked great.

great stat on nelson, i wouldnt have expected that. I thought he looked slow and uneasy when i was watching him. Simpson certainly looked like a rookie on D. Forbort looked great.

yeah nelson wasnt forbort out there but he held his own. i noticed at times the sioux were doing a bit much 1 on 1 stuff and they mentioned that in post game to clean up. thats why they play these games, to warm up, et used to eachother and get up to game speed. go sioux

I thought Forbort had a real solid game. Nelson looks promising I think he needs a better supporting cast on his line. I think he will be a good third line center, and then throw Kristo or Hextall with him. Speaking of Kristo, he will probably be thrown the line with Gregoire and Knight. I think Hextall will be a dominant third line winger for the Sioux and give depth to the third line.

Simpson looked good for a 17 year old out there. Didn't panic with the puck, kept it simple. Should be interesting to see what they do for defense next week. I expect Mac-Genoway, Marto-Lapointe, Blood-Forbort to stay the same.

Surprised Derek Roddwell didn't dress in an exhibition game. While I have never seen him play, I feel like he will be in the Sioux line up at the end of the season. He has good size and put up some decent numbers in Juniors. He'll be fighting for a spot with Cichy/Davidson and who knows maybe even Rowney. I don't hate Carter Rowney's game, but he has never really impressed me in a Sioux uniform yet.

Next week should be interesting. They need both of those wins in Alaska. I think they'll get two victories, but both games will be pretty close, two game or one-goal games.

I thought Forbort had a real solid game. Nelson looks promising I think he needs a better supporting cast on his line. I think he will be a good third line center, and then throw Kristo or Hextall with him. Speaking of Kristo, he will probably be thrown the line with Gregoire and Knight. I think Hextall will be a dominant third line winger for the Sioux and give depth to the third line.

Simpson looked good for a 17 year old out there. Didn't panic with the puck, kept it simple. Should be interesting to see what they do for defense next week. I expect Mac-Genoway, Marto-Lapointe, Blood-Forbort to stay the same.

Surprised Derek Roddwell didn't dress in an exhibition game. While I have never seen him play, I feel like he will be in the Sioux line up at the end of the season. He has good size and put up some decent numbers in Juniors. He'll be fighting for a spot with Cichy/Davidson and who knows maybe even Rowney. I don't hate Carter Rowney's game, but he has never really impressed me in a Sioux uniform yet.

Next week should be interesting. They need both of those wins in Alaska. I think they'll get two victories, but both games will be pretty close, two game or one-goal games.

While Rowney doesn't have the flash, sometimes you just need grinders that are going to wear down the other team with their cycling and who are willing to fill a role of helping shut down a top line. UND has traditionally had a great formula of guys that aren't noticed too much, but fulfill an important role nonetheless. Sometimes it is a good thing if they aren't noticed, because they did their job. A lot of times those roles change as players are able to take on more responsibility and gain the necessary confidence.